Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Awesome been looking forward to this!!

For those of you not familiar with Liquid roms definitely check it out. Tons of on the fly customization and so many options. Been testing some of the pre-release builds and they have been excellent.

Install it the same way you would install CM7. If you are on the gb leak or any rom that requires it you will need to sbf back to froyo before installing.

·
Themer
45 Posts
there are really only 3 posts on this rom... if i had a droid 2 i would be running this, runs great on the Droid X and the Droid 1, i would expect nothing less on this. I'll end up putting on my gf's droid 2 when i have time.
Thanks for all your hard work liquid team :)

·
Android Apprentice
56 Posts
Does this rom have any of current limitations to CM7 for the D2? Such as the USB plug/unplug/plug bug or the odd battery life?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
phoenixus said:
Does this rom have any of current limitations to CM7 for the D2? Such as the USB plug/unplug/plug bug or the odd battery life?
I haven't had any issues with USB and I have been running it since it was released. And as far as odd battery life what do you mean? Mine at times of use can drain pretty quickly but I have consistently been getting between 12-14 hours with moderate use. I consider moderate use to include 50-75 texts, about an hour of browsing or tapatalking, and some Facebook and twitter checking.

Sent from my Droid 2 using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
271 Posts
Wow, shocked (No pun intended :p) this isn't getting more attention. This has so many customization in it! It's literally just like cyanogen mod, and probably even more stable. Great work, heard a lot of good things about this rom but never knew how many tweaks it actually had. Switching to this now because hopefully it'll help with my battery life from cyanogen.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Yeah I am kinda shocked it didnt get more attention here either. I have been running it since it released and its been awesome. I was a long time liquid user on my d1 and was super happy he builds for the d2 now too.

·
Average Android
79 Posts
JSM9872 said:
Yeah I am kinda shocked it didnt get more attention here either. I have been running it since it released and its been awesome. I was a long time liquid user on my d1 and was super happy he builds for the d2 now too.
I think it might be because the d2 community seems smaller and that cm7 is still very new to or platform. I've been monitoring this to hear reports on battery life and bugs. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and give it a try. Anyone care to comment if they have found a difference in battery life from cm7?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Jester said:
I think it might be because the d2 community seems smaller and that cm7 is still very new to or platform. I've been monitoring this to hear reports on battery life and bugs. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and give it a try. Anyone care to comment if they have found a difference in battery life from cm7?

Don't worry Liquid doesn't release a ROM where bitting the bullet is even an option. This ROM is fast ... DAMN fast.

·
Average Android
79 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
Don't worry Liquid doesn't release a ROM where bitting the bullet is even an option. This ROM is fast ... DAMN fast.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't concerned about loading a subpar rom. I'm just not a power user like a lot of you guys. I use my phone for work and only have an occasional weekend to play around flashing roms. I was digging cm7, but the poor battery life is painful, and ultimately that is the only reason I would consider flashing something else at this time. I hate spending hours reconfiguring my phone.

Anyway, I flashed this yesterday and it's indeed nice and smooth. I'm afraid it has the same battery life issue, but I will withhold judgment because installing apps and playing with settings a lot understandably uses a lot of resources. Nevertheless, I am grateful for all the work you folks do that bring so much benefit to us average users. I'm just hoping someone will crack the battery life thing one day soon. :)

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
YourAverageJD said:
Any pluses, minuses for this rom? What separates it from others?

Well I am a bit biased I am sure because I have been using liquid roms for about a year starting on my D1. But I have always found them to be very quick and smooth. Tons of customization. I havent run CM7 for the D2/DX but from the comments I have seen the battery life is about the same or slightly better. And personally I like the themed icons liquid has included, I got bored with just the stock green GB icons.

·
Average Android
133 Posts
Well I flashed this for my D2 and love it. Good battery life. Very fast and silky smooth.

Sent from my phiremod for Nook using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 129 Posts