Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] - 1/19 - SenselessROM 2.0 ICS Edition - Dreams Do Come True!

17K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  paullson 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

About SenselessROM ICS Edition
SenselessROM was designed to be a AOSP clone built from the Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich!
All Google Apps are up to date as of 1/19/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.10.605.7
Consider this a beta quality build! Please Read Post #2 before installing!
Features
As close to AOSP as possible!

Please read all of post #2 before downloading!

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Special Notes
  • Consider this a beta quality build!
  • ROM now boots to fastboot after install to auto install kernel. Just press power when you get to fastboot and the install will begin. No longer need a PC to install.
High Priority Known Issues
  • Exchange not working! This is being researched. All other emails are working fine.
  • MMS Receive but not send! This is being researched.
Low Priority Known Issues
  • The initial set up screen is glitchy! You will need to bypass it by pressing home 3 or so times!
  • Cant get to Camera from Lockscreen
  • Status bar will FC on each reboot but comes back immediately
  • Dock Mode distorts lock screen
  • Minor blure flicker every once in a while. Very minor and not very frequent. May be driver related
  • Text in Status bar will go blurry for a microsecond then catch up. I think its related to the issue above... Very very minor.
  • Battery doesnt seem to be charging but it is. When you reboot the battery status updates correctly.
  • Data Arrows do not work. Data worksfine... Just the indicator arrows are broke.
  • You have to unlock the screen to answer a call. This is my all time favorite! Consider this a feature to avoid pocket answering
How to install
  • Place ROM on SD Card
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
  • Flash ROM
  • ROM will boot to fastboot when installation is complete
  • Press Power to install the kernel / boot.img
  • Reboot
  • Profit!
Huge thanks to
  • MrLeaks
  • x3demond3x
  • lllboredlll
  • Tachi91

#4 ·
Ahahahahaha! Sorry to make you waster your money...

Try to sell it to someone on here or maybe donate it to someone or stand out front of the VZW store and try to sell it like a scalper selling tickets.... Just some suggestions

Glad I helped you choose phones though!

#8 ·
I keep getting an error when trying to flash the kernel in hboot. Error message says "Older version, update not installed"
I am currently running bamf cubed 1.02 based off 2.01.605.11 Any helpful comments appreciated. I have wiped, factory resest, nothing seems to work, the install goes fine until the kernel stage

#11 ·
The initial install is in Amon Ra recovery, then once the rom installs it reboots to bootloader to flash the kernel, and that's where i'm running into the error.
Maybe because the ROM You came form updated your mainver and did not tell you? IDK?

Its easy to work around.,.. You have two options..

1. Delete the ph98img.zip on root of sd and then flash the enclosed boot.img from there via fast boot or use my CleanFLASH tool..
2. Find the last time you flashed kernel and kang the android-info.txt file from the ph98img.zip and move it to MY ph98img.zip so it overwrites the one in there. Then put back on root of SD Card and go back to hboot.

Let me know if you need help.

-Scott

#12 ·
Hey guys, I just updated post #1 and #2 with some real important info. Mostly bugs that have been discovered. Two possibly major and a few very minor. Pleas read both posts again! Please do not re-report these bugs. If you find something new please post it!

Thanks

-Scott

#16 ·
Ok, in my ROM loos in the folder called /kernel and you will see a file called ph89img.zip. Thats what I mean. Take that zip and insert the other android info.txt and then put back on SD card and go to fast boot and it should load it fine.

#20 ·
I got the rom running on my wife's Rezound (she loves ICS), but I can't seem to get a data connection for some reason. I can make calls and connect to wifi but data is a no-go.

Here's a quick run through of what I did....unlocked via HTCdev, OneClicked it, fastbooted Amon Ra, full wipe, installed ICS rom, hit power and chose yes for the update once I was in fastboot again, and rebooted.

Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I'm considering getting a Rezound for myself after your accomplishments here, Scrosler. Kudos to you buddy.

#28 ·
I would have told you this on XDA, but I only have 3 posts....

When I had this installed I noticed that when you play something in Google Music, lock the screen and go to unlock it, the screen shows up black. The unlock graphics are there, but the wallpaper background is black until you restart the phone. You can actually tap on the black of the screen and it will load up the Google Music app. This doesn't kill the main screen's wallpaper, just the lock screen. I guess it must be some kind of lock screen graphic that isn't loading.

Big thanks to all the work you've done, Scott! Can't wait to see how things progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.