Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 186 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
I tried this ROM + imoseyon's Lean kernel and it was incredibly laggy. I went back to CM7 and the speed difference is like day and night...

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
I ran the ROM stock and it was less smooth than one of the AOSP ROMs, but not terrible. imoseyon's lean kernel turned it into a lagbeast. That kernel is really bad.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
m0r0n3s said:
I tried this ROM + imoseyon's Lean kernel and it was incredibly laggy. I went back to CM7 and the speed difference is like day and night...
touchwiz is never gong to be as fast as aosp...nor is this rom meant to compete in any way with aosp

many still use tw for w/e reasons so we continue to make roms for it

·
2,348 Posts
"nitsuj17 said:
touchwiz is never gong to be as fast as aosp...nor is this rom meant to compete in any way with aosp

Stability being one of them... My phone no likey da mtd and takes it out on my sd card (though I'm still on it at the moment)

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
nitsuj17 said:

I know, but with prior TW ROMs and Voodoo kernels the performance was quite good. For some reason this ROM and imoseyon's kernel didn't work well for me (and apparently others, Usetheschwart)
I'm happy with CM7 but I tried your ROM due to issues sending/receiving text messages and I was trying to figure out what it was. Turns out my verizon account had text messages blocked. I called them to remove the block and I'm back to CM7, but thanks for your work. I know many people find it useful.

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
nitsuj17 said:

Agreed - I prefer the TW roms, my point was the introduction of imoseyon's kernel on my device really dragged the ROM down. The kernel included with this ROM is more than acceptable and the ROM runs very well. I apologize for seeming to be complaining, my intent was to state that the imoseyon kernel did ugly things on my device.

·
2,348 Posts
"Usetheschwartz said:
Agreed - I prefer the TW roms, my point was the introduction of imoseyon's kernel on my device really dragged the ROM down. The kernel included with this ROM is more than acceptable and the ROM runs very well. I apologize for seeming to be complaining, my intent was to state that the imoseyon kernel did ugly things on my device.
Try Comradesven's TKS kernel he posted in XDA

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
I'm seeing an odd issue - Any phone call lasting longer than 10 minutes, the phone reboots at almost exactly the 10 minute mark. Seeing this on both the 10/10 and 10/12 TKSGB kernels with stock settings in Voltage Control.

I'm going to try clearing data for the Phone app and see if that fixes anything. Any other thoughts?

·
2,348 Posts
"Usetheschwartz said:
I'm seeing an odd issue - Any phone call lasting longer than 10 minutes, the phone reboots at almost exactly the 10 minute mark. Seeing this on both the 10/10 and 10/12 TKSGB kernels with stock settings in Voltage Control.

I'm going to try clearing data for the Phone app and see if that fixes anything. Any other thoughts?
Did wiping phone apk data fix it? I've never had that happen before - I also used TKSGB when I was using Resurrection (of course, it was prior to 10/10 release)

Has anyone seen John Connor?

21 - 40 of 186 Posts