Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm new to android developing and all that and this is going to be my first project I ever worked on. I will not be able to work on my rom hours upon hours a day since I am still in high school and have a heavy workload. I just thought I'd share to the doubleshot community. This rom is a port from the sensation and modified by me. Don't expect this to be anywhere as good as one of Undead9k's roms.

Credits:
Undead9k - Giving priceless information and helping/guiding me through some of the process
xboarder56 (at xda) - Letting me use the base of the sensation rom I am porting
If you should be included let me know

!!READ!! : I am not responsible if your device lights on fire, takes a shit in your pocket, gets bricked, or any of that bullshit. The rom is in its beta stage and may do unexpected things. Therefore, if you screw up your device don't come crying to me.

Name: GingerBread[sup]2[/sup] (GingerBread Squared)

-Changelog v0.1 (BETA)
Released.
Running Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 AOSP/CM (Hybrid)

Not Working/Bugs:
App Drawer needs resizing
Music player has problem
Auto-orientation (Don't think sensors work)
Camcorder does not work yet (Think I know how to fix it)
Pressing the menu button and the pressing switch the camera will cause a fc (Must reboot to fix)
Changing front camera causes a fc ( reboot will fix and you will end up on the side you selected)
Camera does work (unstable^)
You tell me.

I accept all advice from everyone and any help.

Few Screenshots:
View attachment 16257
View attachment 16258
OMG! We have ICS, never as good GB. Nice. Ill be the First to flash, are GAPPs inculded?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice to have a new developer for the slide community, will flash as soon as the dl link is up

Sent from my RubiX Sensation Infused using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For Safety, in the OG Post. Say where you got the Kernel Souce From. :D I'm so excited, some CM7 AOSP Lovin :D Should hold me over till CM9.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
I added it in the credits as soon as i remembered. And i'm hoping CM9 comes out soon.

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Good work. As soon as I finish this update I will compile you a resized launcher and keyboard. Sorry I haven't responded to your pm's my daughter is driving me crazy.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good work. As soon as I finish this update I will compile you a resized launcher and keyboard. Sorry I haven't responded to your pm's my daughter is driving me crazy.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk
Thanks. For the keyboard I know I need to specify it somewhere since it's a port from a rom without a keyboard. By default qwerty.kl is used. And I understand no need to explain. Quite busy with some chemistry myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
lifezaglitch Thank you for this!!! I LOVE GB!!!
I can't run it as my daily because I use my cameras
all the time (kids stuff) but I will dl/flash to test and
bug check..
Absolutly cannot wait for the final/stable version
of this!!!
BTW, Thank you for supporting/dev'ing for the
Doubleshot!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lifezaglitch Thank you for this!!! I LOVE GB!!!
I can't run it as my daily because I use my cameras
all the time (kids stuff) but I will dl/flash to test and
bug check..
Absolutly cannot wait for the final/stable version
of this!!!
BTW, Thank you for supporting/dev'ing for the
Doubleshot!
Thanks for the support I appreciate it.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using RootzWiki

1 - 20 of 37 Posts