Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Hmmm...PIE!
38 Posts
***Just to note I am not responsible for anything you do with your phone***
***becoming a expensive coaster plate and the loss of data***
***This will wipe your phone completely of all data if coming from rfs/ext4 or from a different rom***
***Do not download the Rom Manager CM 7.1.0! It only supports EE19***

***If your having problems with GPS try using GPS Aids from the market to fix issues***

***Rom will work with either EH09 and EI20 as they both use the sms padding implemented***

I first want to give a thank you to Dfgas and Jt1134 for giving me pointers into what needed to be changed for EH09 to work with CM7

This is the Official Release of CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (EE19), modified to work with the EH09 radio on the Mesmerize. (Official Thread Link)

This rom is not mine, I just edited the official version to work with the current official radio so do not come to me for problems pertaining random force closes boop loops, etc. I know this rom works fully as I have been running it on my phone for the past week.

To keep things simple I am just pulling the instructions from the official post below

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Samsung Mesmerize, or coming from another ROM?
  • Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  • Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  • Perform a factory reset.
  • Flash CyanogenMod.
  • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  • Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

Official post

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Mesmerize
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 36356d5b03d3713e55489cd0d263ef26

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

EH09 CyanogenMod 7.1.0: Link (No longer working) (New Link - 4Share)
Megaupload has been shut down due to Indictment Charges to Piracy Link to See Charges

·
Android Apprentice
95 Posts
So excited. I just got two replacement mezs and they would not work with ee19 modem. I was using a different rom for just a few days before the amazing cm7 team took care of the eh09ers. This version is just what I'm used to except it works

Now I just hope the ics version of cm winds up on the mez also

You guys rock. Thanks again!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Hmmm...PIE!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i am obviously doing something wrong because i am stuck in a bootloop of "waiting for sdcard to mount" and it counts down 20sec then reboots and does it all over again.
I would odin back to stock and odin the recovery. then flash the eh09 cm7 and see what happens.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
yeah i figured i would have to do those things.
then forgot my phone sitting on the table at home so when i get back home this evening its going to be dead. (left it sitting in recovery menu... oops)

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
sorry guys still the same thing.
odin to a stock rooted rom
rebooted
skip setup
adb reboot download
odin CWM4_CM7_Odin.tar
replace battery and boot into recovery - confirmed to be CWM4 as its now the new blue version
choose install zip from SD
does a quick install, like 4-5 seconds then reboots
see samsung, then Galazy S Cyanogen 7
then says waiting for sd card to mount
reboots
says waiting for sd card to mount...

and just keeps doing this... foreverrrrrrrr

i also notice that when i try to mount SD card within CWM4 it says unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)

i have never seen that before.

what gives, why isnt this working.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
i am using a 32gb micro sd card if that makes any difference at all.... ???

swapped to my 8gb card and now instead of waiting for sd card to mount i get a screen that flashes something stuff super fast and then it bootloops doing the same thing over and over

but i also get, when i reboot into recovery cant open or mount /cache/recovery/log or /last_log

so the mystery continues and the plot thickens

·
Android Beginner
31 Posts
MTD roms on the i500 can be very picky with sd cards. I would recommend trying a different card (i understand you have already tried 2 with different types of failure).

The card that the recovery would not mount will probably not work on any MTD rom or recovery (at least that's what my phone did with a class 10 PNY 32GB card) and the other card may work given enough tries (though unfortunately you will have to Odin back each time it fails).

Lucky for me, a friend of mine has ~5 different Android devices, and close to a dozen sd cards, and I was able to trade him my previously mentioned PNY card for a class 10 32GB Wintec card that works in my phone in MTD. I have no idea if every Wintec 32GB class 10 card well work in every i500 on MTD, but this particular one works in mine.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
well as of now none of this matter as my phone is friggin dead.
it wont charge it wont turn on
the only thing i can do is get into download mode.

something happened and i dont know how to fix it.

in a dark room if i hit the power button i can see the screen turn on just a little.

but again, nothing i do, not even odin a completely stock rom will work.

i never used the "repartition" option in odin until just now, and not even that is working.

now i am just a little peeved.

oh thank god...

i downloaded the EE19 full restore for odin and i am up and running again.

so something must have formatted the boot.bin or bootloader

but either way i think its safe to say as much as i want to use CM7 i will stay away from it...

·
Android Beginner
31 Posts
That sucks man.

Try checking in on the irc channels (#samsung-mesmerize and #samsung-fascinate on freenode.net) and see if those guys can fix you up. These phones are damn near unbrickable from what I understand, and I would be disposed if the dudes in the irc can't get you up and running again.

Edit: Good to see you got it running again, don't let this brick turn you off to aosp, it's really great and once you get it going it will be worth your trouble.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts