Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Supporting Member
64 Posts
Has anyone on Showcase tried this version? Just wondering if setting the network settings to anything other than "Home Only" had been resolved. Not being able to roam is a show stopper for me.

·
Supporting Member
170 Posts
Thanks for making the changes for us.

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
Ok, so am I right that you have to install the radio separately from rom/kernel. Obviously it's separate from the kernel, since we can install some fascinate kernels. And you can tell which radio you're on by looking at baseband in "about?"

I ask because I can install EH09, and I can run CM7, but I can't install EH09 and run this build. It causes incredible flakiness with the signal no matter what I try. But I wasn't sure if I knew what radio I was on.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
You can run this build with EH09 or you can run the other build with EE19. Both are the same just made to work with different radios. You can Odin just the EH09 or EE19 radio if you like. I have both I can link you if needed. But if you are having issues with this build on EH09 then you may want to try the other one made for EE19

Just another post from a CM7 junkie.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Has anyone on Showcase tried this version? Just wondering if setting the network settings to anything other than "Home Only" had been resolved. Not being able to roam is a show stopper for me.
I second that, I'm travelling every other week with a mesmerize and no data sucks

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
tubl07 said:
I second that, I'm travelling every other week with a mesmerize and no data sucks
This is the exact same as the stable cm release with the exception that it works with eh09. No other changes have been made so if it works or doesn't work with the regular stable release your results here would be the same.

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
You can run this build with EH09 or you can run the other build with EE19. Both are the same just made to work with different radios. You can Odin just the EH09 or EE19 radio if you like. I have both I can link you if needed. But if you are having issues with this build on EH09 then you may want to try the other one made for EE19 Just another post from a CM7 junkie.
I've been away from a keyboard for a few days so pardon the late response.

My problem is that I think I am on EH09, but I can't run this build, and I can run the regular build (with EH09), and that doesn't make sense with what I'm reading here. So that's why I was asking if you have to install radios manually or if they are updated with certain packages (eg cm). That's why I asked if baseband in "about" tells you which radio you're on.

So does anybody know? does baseband tell you which radio you're on? and do you have to manually change radio or is it sometimes done with a package? I have manually changed radio to EH09, but I didn't know if that was somehow being wiped out, and so I don't know if I just think I'm on EH09.

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
Yes baseband is the radio you have installed. From my understanding only the stock roms come packaged with a radio but you can flash those separately if need be in odin.

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
It's odd, then, that I have been running cm7 on EH09 since as early as I could with no problems, and I can't get the build in this thread to work. But it's definitely been EH09 the whole time.

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
And you're not using the "pre-nightly" release? That's really odd then... I haven't heard of anyone being able to use the ee19 cm 7.1 without losing SMS/mms.

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
And you're not using the "pre-nightly" release? That's really odd then... I haven't heard of anyone being able to use the ee19 cm 7.1 without losing SMS/mms.
No, although I obviously ran it at one point. I am running CM7.1.0 via Rom Manager, Glitch V13, and EH09.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not complaining. I am just confused! :)

·
Hmmm...PIE!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No, although I obviously ran it at one point. I am running CM7.1.0 via Rom Manager, Glitch V13, and EH09.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not complaining. I am just confused! :)
If you downloaded the cm7.1.0 from rom manager it will not work with eh09. you need to download the rom from the op on this thread.

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
If you downloaded the cm7.1.0 from rom manager it will not work with eh09. you need to download the rom from the op on this thread.
Just to clarify: right now, as well as before this thread was started, I am running EH09 and the newest CM from Rom Manager. And everything works fine. But over the weekend, I tried running EH09 with this modded version of CM to see if I got better radio or whatever (my radio definitely was better on stock; I don't know if that's everyone's experience or not), and it would not work. It wasn't an sms issue; running this CM with EH09 essentially killed the radio. It would flicker on and off but never actually get a connection. I wiped everything several times and reinstalled cm and EH09 several times and no joy. Eventually I gave up and went back to EH09 and the CM from RM, and I am back online.

I suppose it's just the nature of the beast that there are quirks, and this definitely isn't the only quirk I'm experiencing (eg who else sees their phone as Sprint Samsung SCH-500 in the market?). Maybe I did something 6 months ago or whatever and don't know what I did, although I've gone back to stock several times in the last year (tho I tried to do that over the weekend and couldn't get it to work).

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I am having some issues here. Install went fine and everything, and everything was working perfectly until i get random notifications that the SD card has been removed, then shortly after it says the SD card is damaged, which it isnt. It works fine.

Also the browser is having issues, it loads google searches, but nothing else loads.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am having some issues here. Install went fine and everything, and everything was working perfectly until i get random notifications that the SD card has been removed, then shortly after it says the SD card is damaged, which it isnt. It works fine.

Also the browser is having issues, it loads google searches, but nothing else loads.
R u sure ur sd card is not mounted in RO instead of RW?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts