Presents the Official

MIUI 1.12.23
Updated to 2.3.7

This is a community support ROM only!
The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
Support is mostly provided on
Rootzwiki.com or Forums.miui.us
New release come every Friday.

If you haven't heard about this ROM yet then check out the videos in the 2nd post to see it in action!
This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 2.3.7 and boy what an overhaul.

If you want ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro install them from Market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSapjRYURYs

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Our MIUI rom is ported from Vibrant rom. A buildbot does most of the porting but is not 100% perfect every time, there are still some stuff I have to do by hand.

Changes I make from Stock ported:
More Ring tones and so on
Some custom apps
Some tweaks
V13 Glitch Kernel
Fixed 160 sms to mms conversion

Issues:
Phantom back button in low signal area
on Mesmerize roaming and no service in certain areas
on Showcase same as above but DO NOT GO INTO MOBILE NETWORK OPTIONS IN SETTINGS MENU

Downloads: MAKE SURE TO DATA WIPE IF YOU HAVE ISSUES!!!!!

**** Fascinate ****** Mesmerize ****** Showcase ****

Planned changes with NO ETA (so don't bother me):
Roaming / no service issues fixed

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
Awesome work on this port, you guys rock. I am kinda lost when applying the themes. every time I apply a theme the wallpaper behind the contacts and behind the chat bubbles remains white or stock and doesn't match the theme. Is there something I need to do to make them show up. This is my first MIUI experience but I can't see my self going back to anything else.
Thanks again guys I am really enjoying my phone.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fenricketts said:
Awesome work on this port, you guys rock. I am kinda lost when applying the themes. every time I apply a theme the wallpaper behind the contacts and behind the chat bubbles remains white or stock and doesn't match the theme. Is there something I need to do to make them show up. This is my first MIUI experience but I can't see my self going back to anything else.
Thanks again guys I am really enjoying my phone.
That I am not sure on. I have not done enough with the themes.

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
dfgas said:
That I am not sure on. I have not done enough with the themes.
Themes in general on MTD have been kind of funky, but this is still the preemie stage. I'm sure things will get ironed out.

I like the new digs. Although I can't stand it when 'z' is used in place of 's'...but I like their mantra.

:makeshimselfathome:

·
Patient Observer
41 Posts
Thank you so much for your continued devotion to the further development of our phones. I really appreciate the work you guys are doing for the community.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mbrulla said:
Themes in general on MTD have been kind of funky, but this is still the preemie stage. I'm sure things will get ironed out.

I like the new digs. Although I can't stand it when 'z' is used in place of 's'...but I like their mantra.

:makeshimselfathome:
Ahh, its all good :D Not sure how long I will be a member of xda. lol I am not backing down on this one, its time they get off of their lazy butts and do what they need to do.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nothingblooms said:
Thank you so much for your continued devotion to the further development of our phones. I really appreciate the work you guys are doing for the community.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
no problem :D

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
We aren't the only device thats had issues, from what it looks like.

That place is just a mess overall, and as an old-decrepit mod it drives me nuts.

When you're alerted, fix what the alert alerted you for...simple, right?

:facepalm:

It's what we get for being a regional carrier...but that one forum supports three different regional devices, so you'd think they'd see SOME value in it.

·
Patient Observer
41 Posts
Its just sad that they couldn't control the forum and developer bashing is BS! You guys do this out of courtesy not as a paid service. People have got to start growing the hell up and realize not everything is handed out in life.

Sent from my mesmerize

Running MIUI 1.7.1.3
OTB Kernel
M9 Theme

Huge thanks goes out to all of the hard work developers, porters, etc do for our phones.
dfgas, jt1334, andmer, chromwolf bdemartino.Just to name a few

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
Yeah...they suck.

On the bright side, Netflix streaming is working flawlessly on 1.7! Had issues on 1.6, but this is just buttery smooth.

Basically the one thing I've been waiting for.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Thanks for this ROM man! It looks awesome. But... for the life of me I can't make it work :( I followed the instructions to a T, but I either get boot loops or it's stuck at the Galaxy S / Cyanogen 7 splash screen. Any insights?

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Thanks to everyone involved, amazing ROM. One thing though, I can't apply any of these badass lockscreens for the life of me.

How do I apply one I've downloaded? I've tried to select just the lockscreen from theme manager but still a no go. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 1144 Posts