Android OS Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1144 Posts

·
.png Pirate
36 Posts
SC running mez 11.4 I had the same results while roaming except it seemed like it needed a better signal to do anything. When signal was low it wouldn't connect easily. Nevertheless it did work.
This is great news for the possibility of roaming, can anyone else verify the hit or miss roaming? Has anyone successfully roamed for extended periods of time - & how was the hand off back to home range?

·
.png Pirate
36 Posts
Great work dfgas - I flashed this on several USCC clients & despite the no roaming warning 1 refuses to give this rom up for anything else until there is a major issue, says this is the best thing he's experienced. I used the 1.11.18 for awhile on my daily driver & thought the same thing, the issues I had were w/MIUI not your port. I had to remove off my test phones for other rom tests but will be trying the 1.12.9 shortly. Your hard work is appreciated by many.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is great news for the possibility of roaming, can anyone else verify the hit or miss roaming? Has anyone successfully roamed for extended periods of time - & how was the hand off back to home range?
I spent 3.5 days roaming in D.C. last weekend and had no issues at all, even with the handoffs to roaming and back to my USCC area.

Now today I just got back from Raleigh and I had to reboot my phone to get a signal back in my home area.

·
.png Pirate
36 Posts
outbackpaul said:
I spent 3.5 days roaming in D.C. last weekend and had no issues at all, even with the handoffs to roaming and back to my USCC area.

Now today I just got back from Raleigh and I had to reboot my phone to get a signal back in my home area.
Excellent, thanks for the report, we need more reports like this. One of the main deterrents from this port is the roaming issue, if we can verify potential I think we'll see more interest to help w/ testing. What settings did you use - home or auto?

·
Registered
67 Posts
On another note, I'm having a bluetooth issue. I have a Jawbone Icon and when I connect it the volume keeps going up and down repeatedly. I tried messing with the volume rocker but that didn't stop it. I also have a Rocketfish bluetooth headset I use for stereo and it works just fine.

·
.png Pirate
36 Posts
I also have an icon - only prob I had was default volume always resets to high. Speaker phone had to be set to high then you could use it's range up & down. B/T was always dependable for me - even voice dialer was accurate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just now read all 111 pages and see a few small remarks but no one noting that this software seems to come from China, from a business physically located in China, and when I go to use some stuff inside this rom, it tries to get me to accept a Xiaomi license that has a user agreement and privacy notice in Chinese! I know HTC phones and lots of stuff are made there because arms and legs are cheaper in China, but I'm not sure its a good idea to willingly install an OS from China on your phone. And I seriously doubt that any legal document from there are enforceable here. Google learned that lesson themselves the hard way.

Regardless, its clear there's a lot of hard work being done by others here to make this software work on the Mez. Kudos

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
tnkenmcd said:
I just now read all 111 pages and see a few small remarks but no one noting that this software seems to come from China, from a business physically located in China, and when I go to use some stuff inside this rom, it tries to get me to accept a Xiaomi license that has a user agreement and privacy notice in Chinese! I know HTC phones and lots of stuff are made there because arms and legs are cheaper in China, but I'm not sure its a good idea to willingly install an OS from China on your phone. And I seriously doubt that any legal document from there are enforceable here. Google learned that lesson themselves the hard way.

Regardless, its clear there's a lot of hard work being done by others here to make this software work on the Mez. Kudos
oh get over it. don't be offended by this, but seriously we've seen this argument a million times. conspiracy theorists coming in miui discussions, "oh no, it's by the Chinese and they're communists so they're gonna hurt us!" there are thousands upon thousands of people all over the world who use miui roms and I assure you there are many people who have looked through and made sure they aren't doing anything malicious.

Its not like this is some Chinese government-issue rom that's gonna harvest your data. It is a great rom that happens to be made by Chinese people and using that info to accuse them of foul play is, frankly, racist and ignorant.

Apple products, including the oh-so-wonderful iphone, iPad, Mac, everything. They're all made in China, just like everything else in America. Your phone was made in china, the stock software was developed in Korea, etc...

tl;dr if this rom was doing bad stuff then it wouldn't be so popular.

stl;dr this rom isn't doing bad stuff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Crack is real popular too. And if "seriously we've seen this argument a million times" I would have seen something in this 111 page thread and then would not have made my post. My point is not the hardware made in China, it is this rapidly changing user-elected software OS. Can you read the user agreement or privacy notice? And Babelfish is no legally-binding contract translator. I'm not pushing this point anymore, but you use software from China at your own peril.

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
TnMezPhone said:
Crack is real popular too. And if "seriously we've seen this argument a million times" I would have seen something in this 111 page thread and then would not have made my post. My point is not the hardware made in China, it is this rapidly changing user-elected software OS. Can you read the user agreement or privacy notice? And Babelfish is no legally-binding contract translator. I'm not pushing this point anymore, but you use software from China at your own peril.
For what possible reason do you think there would be anything questionable going on here?

·
Android
344 Posts
On a serious note. Is anyone ha on problems with voicemail? It says invalid password, when I enter it again it hangs. I call back and enter and it beeps then says message sent. Anybody know about this?

·
Patient Observer
41 Posts
Hmm... curious have you just flashed to the new rom or have you been having this problem? Maybe try reflashing the rom again? Just trying to help you.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
so i downloaded the new versoin 1.12.9 and i love it. one problem though if anyone can help me, i cant hear anyone talk during phone calls because my phone thinks i have a headset in. anyone know a fix for this. i am using a samsung mesmerize.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Okay, im having issues with my SD card. It just randomly pops up saying "Damaged SD Card" for no reason, when it was working perfectly fine before. Kinda had this issue when i tried CM7.

1101 - 1120 of 1144 Posts