Android OS Forum banner
1121 - 1140 of 1144 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to make sure I am not missing out on this ROM for nothing, can someone confirm that these issues still exist?

-Built in wifi-tether doesn't work
-No service in some areas (mes with ei20 radio)
-Eats SD cards (under class 6)

Thanks

·
Android Beginner
31 Posts
I am wondering if anything new is planned? I haven't seen an update for a while now.

As far as I can tell tethering does not work...I have had no issues with service in areas. Seems to work fine in that respect. I've never had an issue with it eating sd cards.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
First off, after six months of this exceptional ROM, I can't thank dfgas enough.

Before I move to ICS I want to leave a few notes.

As of MIUI 1.12.9 I had very few issues. Going into mobile network settings on the mesmerize was fine, roaming data even worked as long as you selected home only.

Maybe this isn't worth mentioning, but I've never heard of this issue anywhere else and it's my main reason for switching roms. About 3-7 days after installing a fresh MIUI, I start getting android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: error code 10: disk I/O error when I open almost any app, forcing me to re-install the entire rom, which is quite a pain. Never found a fix, or even why exactly it was happening.

Also, I read through some of the previous posts and saw comments about roaming issues. At least for me on previous MIUI roms, going into network settings on the mesmerize would disable roaming permanently. The only fix I ever found was to flash back to some kind of stock ROM, install ADW.Launcher, add a shortcut to the hidden menu, open it and find the settings for HDR/1X toggle. Switching to 1X data mode for a few minutes would re-enable roaming data, and then I could switch back to HDR (3G) and re-flash MIUI.

Good luck to everyone sticking with this rom, can't wait for the ICS MIUI port.

·
Android Beginner
31 Posts
Yes... Many thanks to devs who made this happen. It has totally spoiled me and I can't imagine a phone without it. I was not even aware that ICS MIUI was out so I can say I am looking forward to it.

I was fortunate enough to win a HTC flyer through a contest (despite having to get 2 year contract). I quickly notice how awful the customization is in comparison to MIUI. I don't even use it because I feel like its sluggish and looks like crap.

So what I am trying to say is I am grateful that MIUI was made possible for the Samsung mesmerize. Thank you!!!

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Here's my two cents: I switched to Cyanogen last week, immediately missed MIUI (which I've been using for half a year). I gave up on it because it keeps eatingmy memory cards, then i ordered a Class 10 16gb which never even act's like it's in the phone (always has "no sd card inserted" issue) and the fact that it crashes on specific parts of apps everytime (ex. trying to change profile pic on facebook, adding tags to a transaction on Mint.com app). Other tan that, I love everything about it, so Thanks all you devs that keep this up!

Just out of curiousity; does anyone know WHY the Phantom back button in low signal area happens? Problem with Gingerbread? I live in a lowsignal area and it bugs the crap out of me. maybe it could be fixed with the ICS port? *hopeful*

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
Just out of curiousity; does anyone know WHY the Phantom back button in low signal area happens? Problem with Gingerbread? I live in a lowsignal area and it bugs the crap out of me. maybe it could be fixed with the ICS port? *hopeful*
ssewk2x over at XDA who works on the Glitch kernel said this: "It's got to be hardware variations...i know the root cause is interference from the radio antenna, which is right next to the keypad's data and interrupt lines, with no shielding (for shame, Sammy) whatsoever. It's conceivable that, like leakage with oc/uv, minor variations make some phones more vulnerable than others. Sadly, im afraid the best we can do is filter as much as we can. I don't think I'll be able to eliminate it entirely for everyone"

Their latest test 13.1 kernel has made it a lot better for my phone. I occasionally get a phantom press, but not anything like I used to. You my have to scour the thread there to find the latest 13.1 test kernel. Don't use v14, that is CM9/ICS only.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the current status of this ROM? I am running AS and loving its functionality, but I want more flexibility on the look and feel, is this ROM actively being improved or has it stalled?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
What is the current status of this ROM? I am running AS and loving its functionality, but I want more flexibility on the look and feel, is this ROM actively being improved or has it stalled?

Many Thanks
from what i heard they are working on an Miui ics port... but i dont know for sure

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may have missed this among the millions of posts, but are there step-by-step instructions for how to install this on my Mesmerize? Is there also a way to backup my stock ROM? I am on SCH-I500.EI20 with 2.3.5.

Thanks all. Any help is appreciated.

1121 - 1140 of 1144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.