Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Has development on this ROM stalled? Was waiting for a few bugs to get killed:
Light Sensor (wont automatic adjust)
Wireless Hotspot (laptop gets IP but cant route through phone)
FC when touching contacts
something must have went wrong in your flashing of this ROM. i haven't had any problems with it. it's either user error or a botched download somewhere. could be CWM too. make sure you have a good version of it. you need to go back and flash it again. make sure you follow JPs directions on flashing it word for word. they are not posted for his own health benefit. if you don't understand what you read, then research it. the info is here

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
don't know about tethering oleroy as i don't need it but i know that contacts don't have any issues with this ROM. if you do have issues with this ROM, compare them with a completely stock gingerbread ROM. i know that some people want to root and customize right off the bat, but do yourself a favor and go with stock builds beforehand to know issues you are up against. the android OS on a grand scale with multiple manufacturers is new, so be aware of the stock issues before you go custom. custom ROMs based on a stock build can have the same problems the stock has, and in some circumstances, they can be worse, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is the custom ROM's fault. bottom line is, don't look for the custom ROM to be perfect, because the stock might not be perfect either. what this Rom does is make your Mes run better, but it might not fix the problems you want it to, so as a friend, i tell you to go back to stock if you are looking for this ROM to fix an issue. this ROM, might, and might not fix your problem. IMO, this wasn't built to fix problems, but to give some customization to your Mes. if you have a problem with tethering, submit it to samsung
who knows, you might just contribute to a fix that would ultimately be part of this ROM

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
http://wildthingsgro...09_Deodexed.zip

Courtesy of yours truly under the guidance of the careful and gently soft hands of Baked_Tator when I first started poking around with roms.
this is what i flashed to my Mes before i flashed AS to it. i understand that some people have had some issues with touchwiz in awesome sauce but to my knowledge i don't think i have had any issues there either. took me a little while to figure out how to change the TW theme. the only thing notable was that after flashing the sauce, the first text message i got froze the phone and it rebooted, but since that it has worked fine. guess it was just because the cache was rebuilding. also, i recently installed an app called wifi fixer by Zanshin-G1 that had the same thing happen, but it works fine now. for some reason, my wifi hangs and won't find my router again but this app has helped with that. i have had this problem on stock builds as well.

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Anybody know how to properly sort tw launcher? When you choose alphabetical it only sorts each page alphabetically, not all the apps
yeah. choose the alphabetical setting in the app drawer settings, then press the menu button and it will pop up save and restart launcher at the bottom of the screen. when i do this, my phone reboots and all the apps are in alphabetical order. i think you have to do this anytime you change the launcher settings if you want them to stick

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
It didn't work. They are alphabetical, but only per page. For example, acs updater is the first one on the first page and talk is the last. Adownloader is the first on the second page and touchscreen booster is the last. How do you alphabetize the whole app drawer?
now that you mention it, it doesn't totally work for me either. it kind of does, but there are a few apps here and there that are not in alphabetical order. oh well. i guess that's just how touchwiz rolls. to say the least, it hasn't been that great of a launcher in terms of being totally reliable, and in stock gingerbread for me it was terribly sluggish. when i used Go Launcher, i noticed that it worked well at keeping apps in alphabetical order in the whole app drawer, which definately makes it a lot easier to find what you're looking for if you have a lot of apps. i may go back to Go Launcher myself. i just found out that there is a touchwiz 3 and touchwiz 4 theme for Go Launcher, so if you like the touchwiz look, then there you go

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
yeah
. thanks JP for version 10. so far i have it up and running and it seems to be okay. don't really like the launcher it comes with but it's not a problem at all. i am running Go Launcher with the touchwiz 4 theme. much better than stock touchwiz could ever hope to be. i don't understand why samsung can't make touchwiz better. the layout is nice, but overall touchwiz has been very problematic to say the least. i wasn't sure if i needed to go back to your Deodexed EH09 before flashing v10 coming from v9.2.2, but i did so anyway. you team Heinz guys are the, you know what, as well as any other contributors to your ROMs. seems to me that you guys provide the most stable custom ROMs available for the Mesmerize.

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
ASX is pretty frickin' sweet. Just got it up and running. Couple questions ...

1. I know you dropped twlauncher. However, is there a way to customize the bar at the bottom of the home screen without it?
2. How can I add/drop pages from the home screen now and sort the applications listing? It's probably simple and I've just overlooked it.

Thanks for any help.
i couldn't figure that out either oleroy. that is why i went with go launcher with the touchwiz theme. seems to be working good and it is customizable

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
the status bar seems to be force closing, but it might be because i used titanium to backup & reinstall my apps. IDK. i will try reinstalling my apps the old fashioned way and see if it still does this

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Ok just checked, and yes, systemui.apk is missing the battery full popup icon. So, thats whats happening. Sorry. Ill fix it tonight.
yeah man, glad to hear it's an easy fix. i've had my Mes unplugged from the charger since last night and it isn't force closing anymore.

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
still running 10.1 and it is still running good. not quite as zippy as 9.2.2, but hey, it's fairly new, and from the looks of it, you did this redesign in a fairly short amount of time, which is amazing considering it works so good for me. my battery died fairly quickly today as i was listening to pandora at work for a good while with no charger, but maybe that is because the CPU is overclocked. perhaps i should underclock it in that situation. also i have it set to boot with the smartass v2 governor. should i set the governor back where it was on demand or is underclocking a better idea when i don't use the phone that much? i don't really use my Mes too much while i am at work other than pandora, or calls, texts, and occasional data use

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
I'm not sure if you can underclock or not on this kernel. I would suggest setting your phone to conservative for best battery life. I run ondemand with pretty good results. I will get the supercharger back in the next release *hopefully*.
i have been using the no frills cpu control app and according to it, i have successfully underclocked the CPU in my Mes to a max of 800MHz. i wanted to go to 1000MHz but it doesn't give that option. 800 is the next lowest under 1200. i will do some experimenting with it, and i have switched the governor back to on demand. i have just installed v10.2 and so far it looks great. i really like the new screen lock. much better than the puzzle lock. overall still a great ROM JP

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Is there anyway I can make the home screen rotate without haven to get a new one
nope. if you want that feature, i would suggest you try GoLauncher. you would also want a launcher switcher like Home Manager. i use both of these and they both work fine on this ROM

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Has anyone had any issues getting Windows 7 to recognize sd card? all drivers are installed correctly. I know its not a hardware issue becuase the sd card mounts fine in Linux
when you hook your phone up to the computer, does the screen come up so you can mount the phone through usb storage? if so did you press the grey connect usb storage button on that screen and click okay? after you do this, you will notice a usb device connection icon popup in the status bar on your computer. if this doesn't work, then maybe the drivers you have installed are corrupted, or perhaps the usb cable you are using to connect is faulty. if you are not using the cable that came with your phone, note that some aftermarket cables might not be able to transfer data but only charge the device. sounds like you have everything else right. i would recommend downloading the proper drivers for the device straight from the samsung website as they will be the most up to date. i have never had an issue mounting to my Win7 64bit machine. also, if you have just recently flashed a newer version of awesome sauce, check the usb setting again with the usb unplugged. i noticed that after flashing AS again that the usb setting will be on kies after flashing.

you can try this as well. with the usb unplugged, go into the phone settings and select applications. then go down to development and select it. in that folder, try turning off usb debugging if it is on, as well as the allow mock locations option. one more time, assure that the usb connection is set to mass storage, then try connecting again

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
lagfix shouldn't cause this issue. it sounds to me like it is either the drivers or the usb cable you are using or something else in windows. when i connect my Mes to my computer, it lists the phone as removable disk assigned as drive H in windows explorer. when i click on it, it displays the contents of the sd in my phone. maybe you should try looking at the autoplay settings on your computer. could be something there causing the problem. i don't think the issue is caused by your phone, unless you didn't flash the ROM exactly as was instructed to. i think it is something with your computer or the usb cable. sorry, i didn't realize you said it works fine in linux. it's late and i am a little buzzed. if that is the case, there is definitely an issue in windows, and your phone is fine. you shouldn't have to reflash a ROM or disable lagfix. you just need to mess with windows to figure out why it won't let you access the sd card in your phone then. if you have firewall software or any other kind of security software enabled on your windows boot, try disabling them to see if it is causing the problem

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Xrazy said:
Is there any way at all, even an app or anything, to kill those frackin' lights on the soft keys? I know it isn't ROM specific as they have been annoying on all forms of gingerbread but it is driving me nuts when I try to read at night.
I have seen that happen in GB as well but its been a while. Try updating your roaming list with *228.

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
As soon as I figure out how to root I will having trouble with the kies and the adb drivers this is different for some reason
if you haven't seen it already, check out this link for the developer's website of superoneclick. you may find some insight that could help you root your Galaxy tab. sorry to be off topic JP. just trying to help a brotha out

http://shortfuse.org/

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Hey Jerry. i have a question. i know it's not a good idea to restore system data, but i am wondering if it is okay to just reinstall call log data? also, in what file would it be located? i am using titanium backup

edit: nevermind. i figured it out. duh, it's in Logs Provider. amazing what a little investigating can accomplish. maybe i was just lazy, or maybe the Grey Goose is hissing at me, IDK. is it okay to restore this info? it would be the one and only from system data to restore in Awesome Sauce for me

1 - 20 of 69 Posts