Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 1426 Posts

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Nope, it's the new gmail app from Google. Awesome sauce is not responsible for this craqp behavior. I have removed gmail completely, DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK till google gets is fixed.

Sorry, for the language ro6666lt. Bad morning :)

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
tristans said:
Also, are we supposed to be factory resetting/wiping before each flash of asauce even if we are running the prev asauce rom? and is anyone else noticing that everything is exceedingly loud even on the quietest volume settings? Is this a feature or a bug? ;)
I suggest doing a wipe and reset as I change resources from time to time that need to be flushed for the new ones to show up.

Also, volume is probably voodoo sound.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
dukefan71 said:
I am not doubting you jp, just a question about the gmail. Do you know why it would have an effect on this ROM and not one like Cyanogen? File structure maybe? Reason I asked is because I didn't notice a problem on Cyanogen a couple of days ago- actually yesterday. And thanks again for the effort you put in. It is much appreciated. Not just the writing, but the Q and A.
I haven't the SLIGHTEST clue, although I do know that it does indeed affect cm7. Ehoba reported the same issues during a brief convo we had yesterday. Gmail Updated Yesterday. My rom went to hell with no changes being made to it yesterday a few minutes after the update dropped.

It now works flawlessly without gmail.apk. If it ain't gmail, then god hates all of you. Sorry :-/ Best I got man.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
do a repartition in odin, then flash v7_2full. Make sure you do a reset and a dalvik wipe before flashing. Working on a new package now. Might be in the kernel too, who knows.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
tristans said:
Running 8 now, fast and stable, only thing so far is no landscape homescreen. Any suggestions? Thanks for all the hard work!!
hit menu, goto prefereneces, and the option should be under home screens.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
nicklovell23 said:
You have to be rooted follow the instructions on the first page of the thread...
No you don't :) this provides you with root from stock, out of the store. There are just some apps on here that require root usage.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
mattlock said:
First off, fantastic work! This is by far the slickest ROM I have used yet, fast and very smooth. The ONLY issue I have is with sending SMS messages, like others in the forum it comes in as blank on the other end. Receiving works fine, it's just sending SMS that's not working. I tried doing as others suggested and reflashing to the EH09 stock image, but I get no data connection at all when using that version. Using the EE19, I get great connectivity, but have the one issue with sending SMS messages. Any ideas on how I can resolve this? Thanks to all the devs and keep up the good work.
The only way you'd be getting no data is if you flash the eh09 package with the "Clear Phone EFS" option checked in odin, in which case you must dial *228 when you power the phone on in order to activate your data, and make sure you're NOT roaming when you do so.

I'm not having any issues with sending or receiving sms, so you guys are gonna have to go all the way back to stock, flash the stock package with repartition and clear phone efs checked, then reboot, dial *228, reboot, then flash cwm4 in odin, reboot, do a factory wipe + dalvik wipe, then flash v8. Otherwise, you have a possessed phone that hates you and wants you to be miserable.

And thanks so much for the kind words :)

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
jburner said:
I cannot get the landscape to work. I get a force close every tome I make save Chanel to the launcher. Screen on random seems to happen when coverage changes from 3g to 1x but not consistently . I don't ever roam so can't speak to that.
What in the hell are you talking about man? Lol. Go into launcher options and set landscape to active. Chanel no. 5? You want perfume on your launcher? Are you high?

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
tristans said:
Hey guys is anyone else getting random screen turning on for no apparent reason? Also never could get the rotate screen to work, even with the correct settings in twlauncher. Went to go launcher for screen rotate.. works great! One more thing; the back button issue seems to be getting worse but for the brief period I was on 7 it didn't happen at all.. I started with phidelts eh09 plus root.. should I have started with straight uscc eh09 stock? I'm wiping data cache dalvik on every install.. any help or insight would be great! You guys are excellent!!
Random screen stuff may be kernel related, not sure. Try enabling rotation in the os as well.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
Still, cant say for sure why you're stuff is force closing. I have facebook synced and my contacts work fine. No fcs or other issues. i pulled all apps.from the stock build, so there must be a dalvik mixup. Make sure you clean dalvik before you flash, even if you just odined to stock.

41 - 60 of 1426 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.