Android OS Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1426 Posts

·
Android Beginner
250 Posts
Ditto to Gonzo's commet with the edition of the fact you can adjust the time on the softkey lights (leankernel they dont shut off for an extremely long time) & you can set the cpu clock to 1000mhz for longer battery life (& still have fast smooth operation).

Sent from my Sauced Mesmerize using the Rootzwiki App somewhere near BFE.
Another thing worth mentioning is no more phantom button presses that make you take screen shots over and over. Also, and I'm not completely sure about lean kernel since its been a long time since I used it, I can get bln to work with texts.

Bln and lock screens are the things that always get me going back to cm7 and ics. So I'm pretty thrilled about getting one of those on my favorite rom! Thanks again jp for all your hard work on the sauce!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Another thing worth mentioning is no more phantom button presses that make you take screen shots over and over.
So this doesn't happen with the KGB kernel? I usually just remove the screen capture apk from the system to stop that from happening.

Sent from my Awesome Sauced Mesmerize

·
Android Beginner
250 Posts
So this doesn't happen with the KGB kernel? I usually just remove the screen capture apk from the system to stop that from happening.

Sent from my Awesome Sauced Mesmerize
I havent had it happen once. Apparently the problem with it is your back key "sticks"due em interference . Kgb has a rewritten driver to fix it

Although... the keys have stopped responding before, had to do a screen lock cycle to get them back. It is pretty rare and could possibly be an app though

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
I'll give 10.5 a shot, I haven't been sauced in quite some time now but I'm taking a spring break trip down to Florida so ICS probably wouldn't be functional.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
250 Posts
Maybe I missed it in the 140 or so pages but will this run on EI20 or should I be on EH09 to run properly?
I assume you just mean the radio? It will work with either and some people have to use ei20 due to newer hardware. As far as flashing over ei20 I can't say for sure but assume it would work fine

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
As most of you know, USC is finally getting an sgs2, so, AS, eventually will be migrating to a newer platform. I'm currently getting my balls handed to me by ICS-AS for our phones, but it's happening. Just an update. I know I'm not around as much, but I'm still with it, I promise :)

·
Android Apprentice
42 Posts
woo! cant wait for updates sir! gotta love the sauce the awesomesauce
and thank you for all your hard work youve put into such a beautiful and stable rom

·
.png Pirate
36 Posts
As most of you know, USC is finally getting an sgs2, so, AS, eventually will be migrating to a newer platform. I'm currently getting my balls handed to me by ICS-AS for our phones, but it's happening. Just an update. I know I'm not around as much, but I'm still with it, I promise :)
Your hard work has been critical for my business - running a hot Mez. Just switched to the SGS2 yesterday, WOW - I forgot how I hate stock software. Still using my Sauced Mez 10.5 w/1.5.2 for home & wifi use (internet in my shop), hasn't glitched in months! Many thanks for the past & future work.

·
Android Beginner
250 Posts
I gave scanner a whirl worked ok I guess. I was able to listen but it took a bit to connect and I had to switch the streaming settings to android. I'm not familiar with the app though so not sure how normal connection time is

·
.png Pirate
36 Posts
Thanks for chkng. Probably need a fresh rom & kernel install, works great/fast on my test phone using stock & miui.

O.K. - big side note, can't find another place to post this, but would like this seen by all.

Tested my Mez running A.S. 10.5 w/lean 1.5.2 (loaded) side by side w/ the Galaxy S2.

Had the SGS2 for 2 days, ran it inside & out, setup just like my Mez. I waited 9 months for it! On wifi using speedtest the Mez beat it consistantly for dwnlds but stayed right behind it on uploads, on cell towers the Mez was behind a little of both. Both the SGS2 & the Mez smoked the Electrify by a huge margin. All the employees who had one were embarrassed(chkd @ home & in my USCC mngr office). There are MANY reasons why I rtnd SGS2.

All that to say - please don't stop work on A.S too fast. SCH I500 owners don't realize how fast & smooth this rom really is. Mez GPS lock was a little slower but on avg. 5-10ft better in accuracy. Color actually looks more "real" on the Mez. Had to set the SGS2 brightness @ 80% or more to match my Mez @ 55%

SCH I500 owners don't ditch your sauce too fast you might regret it. For the slight gains it is NOT WORTH $250 AFTER rebate (for me), maybe after a huge price drop, root & custom roms. It was not what I saw myself stuck w/ for 2yrs w/ICS, quad cores, & flex screens on the horizon. There really was no "WOW I have to have this" factor.

Experiment w/ Awesome Sauce, learn it well & what it can do, try different kernels & roms, read all the posts. This has been the most stable GB rom as my daily driver. I depend on it for my business & cannot have something that glitches.

Excellent work J.P. & contributors.

**EDIT** 1) SGS2 now rooted, -2) roms rolling out of the showroom, -3) now only waiting on major price drop for the rest of you.
I was able to get a major deal, no contract & had it rooted in hours. NOW it's worth it!!! (This phone MUST be rooted to compete w/ a modded Mez)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love the ROM. Works great. I am hoping someone can help so I don't need to weed through 140 pages of forum. Just installed 10.7 and install went smooth as glass. The only problem I am having is no video playback. YouTube and any other video won't work. You tube plays about ten seconds of audio with no video and just keeps looping. Other videos just say won't work right now, try back later. Any help would be awesome,

Edit: Guess all I had to do was look a little harder. Found it a few pages back. Lean Kernel 2.2 and we are saucin it awesome style.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can also try the KGB kernel posted on the XDA site. It has a few.more options and is listed in the "One off" section under the main heading.

·
Herp Derp
286 Posts
okay, i have a couple of problems, and i'm hoping someone can help me out - i tried searching, but didn't really get anywhere.

1. if i leave my phone on wifi for several hours, i get a black unresponsive screen from time to time and have to pull the battery, and even if that doesn't happen - for some reason when i turn wifi off, my phone won't connect to 3g, this has happened twice now to the point where i had to wipe the dalvik and cache in recovery and then it seemed to want to work again.

2. now, i don't go to Chicago a lot, but living in Milwaukee it's always an option - and i have the option to DJ there from time to time, like this past weekend. when i was on the road i had just left my phone in my pocket until i had gotten into some pretty heavy traffic, when i turned it on to check my email (i wasn't driving) i got no service whatsoever. nothing i did would make the data connection comeback up, i even tried to *228 and it told me that it failed to activate my phone. i remembered reading that some people had this issue when they were on CM7 and couldn't force their phones to roam unless they dialed 911, so i did that and BAM! it all worked fine the rest of the time i was out of state, but i find that to be pretty ridiculous to have to dial 911 just to force my phone into service - i haven't had the chance to see if it's fine now or if i'll have to do it again, but i was hoping one of you might know of a fix - do i have to flash the EI20radio or something?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not sure what your starting point is with this Rom & its been awhile since Ive changed. I believe you are supposed to flash all the way back to "Stock deodexed EH09" (I believe Gonzo posted a link several comments back). From there you can flash the version of AS you desire, dont forget to allow several minutes on the Samsung screen for the changes to take effect.

This is where I would start. I ve not heard of the roaming issues on this Rom.

·
Herp Derp
286 Posts
welli started with jpaulwaite's stock deodexed/debloated rom for EH09 from that thread, then moved onto AS10.7 and it's been my daily driver for a couple of weeks now, this is the first hiccup i've had - and i know what you're saying, i haven't EVER heard of the issue and i've been all over this forum and all over xda searching for an answer.

the only thing close to it was an issue with CM7 builds.

·
Supporting Member
64 Posts
Were you on a AOSP Rom before going to this rom? My carrier is CS; I have to odin to EE25 with partitions checked then oden rooted eh09 without partitions checked before I load this rom after being on one of the ICS Roms

Not sure what your starting point is with this Rom & its been awhile since Ive changed. I believe you are supposed to flash all the way back to "Stock deodexed EH09" (I believe Gonzo posted a link several comments back). From there you can flash the version of AS you desire, dont forget to allow several minutes on the Samsung screen for the changes to take effect.

This is where I would start. I ve not heard of the roaming issues on this Rom.

1381 - 1400 of 1426 Posts