Android OS Forum banner
1401 - 1420 of 1426 Posts

·
Herp Derp
286 Posts
Were you on a AOSP Rom before going to this rom? My carrier is CS; I have to odin to EE25 with partitions checked then oden rooted eh09 without partitions checked before I load this rom after being on one of the ICS Roms
i did try CM7 and it just didn't agree with my phone, so i went al the way back to stock, with partioning checked in Odin - then i Odinned the CWM recovery (without partioning), then i flashed the root package within the CWM recovery, and then i flashed jpaulwaite's stock EH09 deodexed/debloated rom, and then i flashed the awesomesauce 10.7, and then i went ahead and flashed the KGB kernel.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
The video camera will not work after loading this ROM. Is anybody else seeing this? Does anybody know how to fix? The camera app comes up starts to record then freezes and then says "recording failed".

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Just something I would like to point out. I believe someone said not too long ago about the KGB kernel, that their is some kind of driver modification in it. Well anyway the problem that happens in Google maps where the screen freezes and you have to cycle the screen off and on. I downloaded a game back when they did the 10¢ sale called can knockdown that was doing exactly the same thing as maps with the screen freeze, but a lot worse. I couldn't even play the game because the screen would freeze so much it wasn't worth dealing with. With the latest version of the KGB kernel it doesn't happen anymore in that game and I think maps works fine now too. Just keep in mind that if you are having video problems, you need to download the EH09 version of whichever kernel you choose. Not the EI20. The EI20 is for newer Mesmerizes that have some different hardware in them, which is why there are video problems with it on an older Mes. Here's a link for the EH09 version of the latest KGB kernel. If you need the EI20 version, you should be able to find it in that link as well.

http://minus.com/m4LNpdbaS/1f

Sent from my Awesome Sauced Mesmerize

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
What is the smoothest version of awesome sauce for an early mesmerize... 10.7 has been hanging more than usual for me

Mes sauced with some voodoo

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Gonzo,
I switched to KGB and have not had the screen freeze, but I have had the soft keys not respond (light off they won't do anything until the touch screen is power cycled). Similar problem but not quite the same, and usually not as annoying.

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
Gonzo,
I switched to KGB and have not had the screen freeze, but I have had the soft keys not respond (light off they won't do anything until the touch screen is power cycled). Similar problem but not quite the same, and usually not as annoying.
Did you change anything in the kgb app that installs with the kernel? I haven't changed anything there and it works fine. Also, what version of the Sauce are you running? I am running the kgb kernel with 10.5 of the Sauce and it is wonderful. I would try 10.5 if you are on 10.7 and see how that goes with the kernel.

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
I just hope JP will continue his work on the Galaxy S 2 because it will need some Awesome Sauce. Honestly, by the time USCC would adopt the Nexus as it is rumored it will be old news. Plus 4G in my area is far off from becoming a reality so I'm not really concerned with a 4G device just yet. Since we already have the GS 2 I am going to go with it when they have a good sale on it. I heard a rumor that it will go on sale this Monday but we will see. For me, waiting to get the G S 2 has two benefits. One is to get it at a better price and two is during that wait, hopefully there will be some options in customization as the stock software is bloated and doesn't unleash the full potential of the device. So what do you say John Paul. Will you be going to the galaxy s 2?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seeking clareification, Have you JP stopped further development on the Mes? and gone onto other pastures? Or can we expect at least one more new AS build for the Mes? If 10.7 IS the last build, I want to say Thank you for the incredible work. I've been flashing for almost 10 years, and YOURS are the most stable I've ever had. YOU FUCKIN RAWK!

·
.png Pirate
36 Posts
Been rockin' the SGSII x 2 for many reasons, rooted & themed by me. But... BRING IT ON!! jp, dfgas, bakedtator, etc(sorry if i missed any)
AGAIN I SAY - BRING IT ON!! And a huge thanks if this was your last A.S. version

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
If you guys are gonna be doing ROMS for the Galaxy S2 R760, which thread will you be posting to, our are you gonna make a dedicated thread for it?P.s. I missed your ROMS since i moved to the electrify, now back on samsung :)

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
If you guys are gonna be doing ROMS for the Galaxy S2 R760, which thread will you be posting to, our are you gonna make a dedicated thread for it?P.s. I missed your ROMS since i moved to the electrify, now back on samsung :)

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
Good to see you back Cythrawl. I knew you would get sick of the Electrify and it's BS. It probably won't be for a while. As much as I would like to see Awesome Sauce on the Galaxy S 2, I don't currently own one but will as soon as it becomes cheaper. Are you waitng for ICS to release on the GS 2 John Paul? Either way, your work is much anticipated man. I feel like you will release something new for the Mes by the way you talk, but at this point it's anybody's guess. You are much appreciated whatever you do.

·
Android Otaku
39 Posts
I loaded AS 10.7 and did not have the reboot problems others had. But, is this suppose to be real slow? I am only get benmark scores with quadrant standard in the 1200 ramge and that Aubuk or whatever it is bendmark is reporting only 3152. When Quadrant is running the CPU test it used to go fast now it takes forever to get through that. What is wrong with the install? I did a factory and davik wipe before installing the ROM

·
Title in progress....
76 Posts
When I installed as10_7, I was getting a boot loop... I am not sure what I need to do, I just reverted back to the previous rom...

·
Title in progress....
76 Posts
To clear things up, I was on the Stock Deoxed EH09 Rom.. or still am. So from what I've read.. do I just let the Samsung logo flash for a bit or what? sorry for the DP

·
Title in progress....
76 Posts
Alright so problem solved on my end so far.. I had used the wrong version of cwm. I was using the voodoo version with the lagfix stuff, i had changed my cwm to cwm4. Awesome so far!! thanks!!!

1401 - 1420 of 1426 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.