Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
* Edit post
* Report this post

Tard Rom - Public Release (Updated 11-29)

Postby Skitz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 am
Due to popular demand I am posting my tard rom...

It is based on Bionix 121 with lots of the latest updates and patches merged in as well as my own theming.
Understand this is an ASSEMBLED rom. I take no credit for anything in this rom only that I put the pieces together. The hard work was done by others. This rom is provided AS-IS. Theming might continue if there is enough interest.

There are way to many people to thank that I got help from on this but here are the ones that pop to mind immediately:

Team Whiskey - For the excellent base rom (Bionix 121)
Cmenard - For a great kernel
Jellete - Best gps fix i have found to date
Joceyn - Used some of her icons and clock am/pm mods
TW irc chat - General testing, questions and support (You guys/gals are great)
Romann - For all the help with lock screens and basic rom questions
MrApocalypse, Alexea - For all their help with theming
Nopcodex90 - Lots of questions and specifically TW4 implementation
All my rom testers
High Voltage and Blue Overkill theme creators
Blackoakx22 - 9 lock screens implementation
I know I have forgotten some people please if i forgot to list you let me know and i will correct the error

Based on bionix 121 (KB1 base)
Bullet Kernel by Cmenard (fully overclockable with setcpu)
KA5 modem
Jellete's SGPS2 fix
9 lockscreens
Am/Pm toggle and clock hide mod
ICS fugu tweaks
Adrenaline 13 scripts
sms call log fix
hacked camera (power button)
TW4 Launcher
Probably lots more I forgot will add as i remember

Lastly this rom includes the bullet kernel. I have also had great success with Bali x and Immortality. You cannot go wrong with any of them.

Lots of people are asking why I based this on 121 instead of 131, Simple, in my tests the 121 performed better in battery drain tests when the unit was sleeping. Both are KB1 base so using 121 just made more sense.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rbyk616981c9u6u

For those needing better signal strength
http://www.mediafire...9/KB5_modem.zip

·
Average Android
54 Posts
Well its about time you post one of the most beautiful ROM's ever assembled, lol....

To anyone who read this OP and then left without trying it, your mistake my friend. Skitz has been working on this nearly daily, but not for days or even weeks like most ROM's but this one has been improved upon and tweaked on a daily basis for like 4 months or more. It is nothing short of a masterpiece imo.... Super smooth, super duper fast with extremely good battery and GPS.

But as always YMMV.... So what are you waiting for? get Tarded NOW!.... :wink2:

SkOrPn
The SkOrPn JIG!

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
I've tried to install this ROM 3 times and every time I flash it, at first it's fine but after I install my App's I keep getting a bunch of F/C's. I tried installing using Titanium Backup and without TB and it happens every time. It's driving me nut's. I also tried re downloading the ROM again and it still happens. Any idea's would be appreciated. I also posted this on the Team Whiskey site. I really want to try this out so any help would be great.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
bigtom624 said:
I've tried to install this ROM 3 times and every time I flash it, at first it's fine but after I install my App's I keep getting a bunch of F/C's. I tried installing using Titanium Backup and without TB and it happens every time. It's driving me nut's. I also tried re downloading the ROM again and it still happens. Any idea's would be appreciated. I also posted this on the Team Whiskey site. I really want to try this out so any help would be great.
FC's usually only happen when you jump ship from one rom base version to another i.e from 2.2 to 2.2.1 or 2.3 to 2.3.4 or vice versa. In this case I usually just select "Restore missing apps with data" and then check the "App only" selection. Hope that works for you.

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
SkOrPn said:
FC's usually only happen when you jump ship from one rom base version to another i.e from 2.2 to 2.2.1 or 2.3 to 2.3.4 or vice versa. In this case I usually just select "Restore missing apps with data" and then check the "App only" selection. Hope that works for you.
Thanks man, I'll give it a try but I did try it without using TB at all and I didn't get as many f/c's but I still got some. It's weird because this is the only ROM I've tried that I had this problem.
Thanks again.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
Reactions: trustinhate

·
Average Android
54 Posts
roman said:
Well jeez, tell us what you really do on your phone all day Skorp
I dont do a damn thing really Im to boring, but if your commenting on those screens, ask Skitz since he is the one who took the screen shots on his phone, lol, I just posted them for him since he posted a link to those in IRC today....

·
Average Android
54 Posts
roman said:
oh LOL

that's a lot of games, is all I'm sayin~
Yeah I didnt even notice that until you mentioned it. lol, I only have PewPew, Solitaire, Angry birds and Tetris I think... none of which I play unless stranded and super bored, then I break out Solitaire go figure....

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually the keen eye would notice that al those games are amazon app of the day. I have those on a separate page for my friends 9 year old... only way we get peace and quiet in the car.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
My 9 yo nephew stopped asking for my phone after learning how to play free games online. And now the new Xbox 360 he just got has pretty much made him oblivious to my phone (and everything else). Lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
This Rom is Boss! Loving it. Best rom aesthitically and runs great! More people should try it you wont be disappointed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts