Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Average Android
54 Posts
Brare said:
Ok, thanks a lot for the quick reply and help. Which backup method do you recommend? Do a backup thru CWM ?
Nandroid is preferred through clockworkmod. And, the reason you have to flash gapps every time is because Cyanogen got a cease and desist order from Google to stop including anything related to Google (other than the android code). So, yes you have to flash gapps every time pretty much if you want google applications. I have bad luck not wiping when flashing a cm7 based rom, so I wipe every time now... lol

· Average Android
54 Posts
Id like to see some CM7 kernel magic from cmenard right about now, lol... That would be the icing on the cake

· Average Android
54 Posts
crazy25000 said:
I use it everyday in my car and don't have those issues. I don't use dsp manager. I only use voodoo sound enabled at 0db with boost enabled. And I only use Power Amp on the market with the equalizer setting on bass and treble, works amazing.
+ One Thousand, Voodoo sound combined with Power AMP = Nothing short of a brilliant car audio solution or headphones.

· Average Android
54 Posts
roman said:
In the next release :)
Oh darn, and I was hoping for a 5000+ quad screen shot instead.... lol, j/k

· Average Android
54 Posts
Soon very soon...

· Average Android
54 Posts
Thanks for the external GPS function, so now I can say good by and good ridden to my internal wanna be gps, lol. WOW, now Im getting 10 times better GPS accuracy, oh wait, I wasn't getting any accuracy before, so maybe this is more like 1000 times better???. THANKS...

Oh by the way, it was already set on Internal, so all I did was disable GPS in the extra tweaks section, then I went into cyannogenmod settings, system>general and selected my gps device and rebooted and it works.

· Average Android
54 Posts
Brare said:
Umm what do you mean when you say external gps?
He put in that new bluetooth gps switch so people like myself with an dedicated external Bluetooth GPS puck can now use it instead of the crappy internal gps. The Internal GPS uses way to much battery and is not very accurate, if it even decides to work at all. External Bluetooth GPS pucks have a 1 foot accuracy and uses much less battery since it connects to the phone via Bluetooth which is FAR FAR more battery friendly than a internal GPS radio. Yesterday I had my GPS on for 8 straight hours and my Vibrant only got down to 54%, all while staying connected to 10-12 satelites and never exceeding 5 foot of accuracy, but staying within 1-4 feet most of the time. Yes, this is a really nice addon I must say... Thanks birgertime

· Average Android
54 Posts

· Average Android
54 Posts
roman said:
You didn't mess up, I did :). I'll have another update in a day or two. I patched my CM parts, then I synced with CM source, and it overwrote the patch I did :S
romann, xoror has another patch set 16 and I think he said its now final. Aparently the last patch fixes a problem with SiRF chips. On another note, he sent me his CMParts but noted that he has no clue if I should be trying it or not. You think its safe to try or not?

· Average Android
54 Posts
roman said:
You should be good to go. Just make sure you are NOT using the HC lockscreen or it will FC :)
Ok cool, thanks for quick reply. Not sure why I didnt just ask you in IRC, but hey what ever... lol thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.