Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
crazy25000 said:
Version 14 isn't based on ADW so you will have to manually install it. The Gingerbread launcher is used, with tweaks of course :)
That explains it. On the XDA thread, someone said ut was ADW - which confused the hell out of me. Doesn't CM7 use ADW by default?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
fly said:
Unless there was a fix in version 14, I couldn't find any ADW settings...
I need to make this clearer... I assume people now by now what launcher they prefer, but I keep getting asked questions like these...

You don't have to use the launcher that comes with this ROM. As of now, it's pretty minimal. I plan on building on it and maybe eventually I'll add another launcher or two. In the mean time, I advise you to use whatever tickles your fancy.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Does anyone on this rom use headphones or route audio through the headphone jack to their car? I had trigger redux build 13 and it was 99% awesome, except whenever I used the jack to route the audio to my car audio system. I would get intermittent crackles and pops in the audio when playing pandora. In all fairness, I had the same issue when I tried the nightlies, so I've gone back to Asgard for now. Did/Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
"6stringaddict said:
Does anyone on this rom use headphones or route audio through the headphone jack to their car? I had trigger redux build 13 and it was 99% awesome, except whenever I used the jack to route the audio to my car audio system. I would get intermittent crackles and pops in the audio when playing pandora. In all fairness, I had the same issue when I tried the nightlies, so I've gone back to Asgard for now. Did/Does anyone else have this issue?
I use it everyday in my car and don't have those issues. I don't use dsp manager. I only use voodoo sound enabled at 0db with boost enabled. And I only use Power Amp on the market with the equalizer setting on bass and treble, works amazing.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
crazy25000 said:
I use it everyday in my car and don't have those issues. I don't use dsp manager. I only use voodoo sound enabled at 0db with boost enabled. And I only use Power Amp on the market with the equalizer setting on bass and treble, works amazing.
+ One Thousand, Voodoo sound combined with Power AMP = Nothing short of a brilliant car audio solution or headphones.

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
"SkOrPn said:
+ One Thousand, Voodoo sound combined with Power AMP = Nothing short of a brilliant car audio solution or headphones.
Since I've discovered this combination, I could never use my phone without it. The best that I have ever used for amazing audio.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
crazy25000 said:
Sounds great, I'm going to flash over again and give it a try. Thanks guys! Has anyone given the Bali kernel a try on this? Are you seeing better battery?

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
"6stringaddict said:
Sounds great, I'm going to flash over again and give it a try. Thanks guys! Has anyone given the Bali kernel a try on this? Are you seeing better battery?
I flashed it today, haven't had a chance to calibrate my battery. My phone reboots when I overclock to 1.4, but works well with 1.2 :D

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Flashed this today from CM and all went well. One thing I can't seem to find is how to change the app drawer, the scrolling style makes my eyes hurt. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Can someone walk me through calibrating my battery since I didn't flash this on a full battery and you can't charge while phone is shutoff due to cm7 issue

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
"J2f3r23 said:
Can someone walk me through calibrating my battery since I didn't flash this on a full battery and you can't charge while phone is shutoff due to cm7 issue
Get the battery calibration app from the market and plug your phone in and charge it to 100% then open the app and follow instructions and your good to go. Works great for me.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
bigtom624 said:
Get the battery calibration app from the market and plug your phone in and charge it to 100% then open the app and follow instructions and your good to go. Works great for me.
But ur suppose to run down phone til it turns off and charge while off but you cant with this rom due to charging turns the phone back on.or am i wrong

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
"J2f3r23 said:
But ur suppose to run down phone til it turns off and charge while off but you cant with this rom due to charging turns the phone back on.or am i wrong
You can only do it that way on other Rom's. On CM7 Rom's the phone turns on when you plug it into a power source. I always use the battery calibration app no matter what Rom I'm using and it works fine for me. It will wipe your battery stats the same way you would doing it in recovery.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
So I flashed over and I still had the crackle in the audio when playing pandora, but after playing around settings, I believe I fixed the issue by setting the network audio quality to high. I flashed bali kernel and so far everything seems to be working except one issue. Sometimes when I have the phone plugged in to charge, it doesn't actually recognize that its plugged in and won't charge, even if I unplug and plug it back in. The only that fixes it is rebooting. I haven't been able to identify when it happens, I just happen to notice after the fact. I wonder if this is a CM7 problem?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Updated to build 15.

Includes updates to Android 2.3.5. This would be a good time to do a clean wipe :)

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
hey BT do all CM7 kernels work with build 15? as I would like to use either Glitch or Bali with build 15.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using RootzWiki Forums

41 - 60 of 139 Posts