Android OS Forum banner
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Average Android
Joined
·
189 Posts
"roman said:
I like to strike when you've got your phone setup just how you like it.
Hahaa rofl copter! That's how it happens every time haha lol. Idc though... my homepage is fresh every day for that reason alone :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Well this build is already 2 days old but it works great!

Please follow these steps before doing anything after you boot in:

Settings > Cyanogenmod Settings > System > External Bluetooth GPS > Internal > REBOOT
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
54 Posts
Thanks for the external GPS function, so now I can say good by and good ridden to my internal wanna be gps, lol. WOW, now Im getting 10 times better GPS accuracy, oh wait, I wasn't getting any accuracy before, so maybe this is more like 1000 times better???. THANKS...

Oh by the way, it was already set on Internal, so all I did was disable GPS in the extra tweaks section, then I went into cyannogenmod settings, system>general and selected my gps device and rebooted and it works.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
54 Posts
Brare said:
Umm what do you mean when you say external gps?
He put in that new bluetooth gps switch so people like myself with an dedicated external Bluetooth GPS puck can now use it instead of the crappy internal gps. The Internal GPS uses way to much battery and is not very accurate, if it even decides to work at all. External Bluetooth GPS pucks have a 1 foot accuracy and uses much less battery since it connects to the phone via Bluetooth which is FAR FAR more battery friendly than a internal GPS radio. Yesterday I had my GPS on for 8 straight hours and my Vibrant only got down to 54%, all while staying connected to 10-12 satelites and never exceeding 5 foot of accuracy, but staying within 1-4 feet most of the time. Yes, this is a really nice addon I must say... Thanks birgertime
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
50 Posts
Little confused by op. Says gapps included but also has separate gapps under that link....

Sent from my SGH-T959 using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
38 Posts
"Brare said:
Little confused by op. Says gapps included but also has separate gapps under that link....

Sent from my SGH-T959 using RootzWiki Forums
Previous builds did not incorporate them, but they are in the recent one.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
8 Posts
"SkOrPn said:
He put in that new bluetooth gps switch so people like myself with an dedicated external Bluetooth GPS puck can now use it instead of the crappy internal gps. The Internal GPS uses way to much battery and is not very accurate, if it even decides to work at all. External Bluetooth GPS pucks have a 1 foot accuracy and uses much less battery since it connects to the phone via Bluetooth which is FAR FAR more battery friendly than a internal GPS radio. Yesterday I had my GPS on for 8 straight hours and my Vibrant only got down to 54%, all while staying connected to 10-12 satelites and never exceeding 5 foot of accuracy, but staying within 1-4 feet most of the time. Yes, this is a really nice addon I must say... Thanks birgertime
Where can I get one of those external gps pucks and how much
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
54 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
50 Posts
If I don't have those gps options in Cyanogen settings did I mess up? The about says trigger 8-12

Sent from my SGH-T959 using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
1 Posts
I tried to use ROM Manager to download the rom, but it is not listed as supported now for some reason. Anyone else experience this? Was able to flash manually just fine, but wondering what's up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Brare said:
If I don't have those gps options in Cyanogen settings did I mess up? The about says trigger 8-12

Sent from my SGH-T959 using RootzWiki Forums
You didn't mess up, I did :). I'll have another update in a day or two. I patched my CM parts, then I synced with CM source, and it overwrote the patch I did :S

matthew said:
I tried to use ROM Manager to download the rom, but it is not listed as supported now for some reason. Anyone else experience this? Was able to flash manually just fine, but wondering what's up.
I have also noticed RM did funny things installing. Not sure why...
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
50 Posts
Oh ok, thanks Roman. No biggie since I don't have a gps puck. Was just hoping I didn't mess something up lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
54 Posts
roman said:
You didn't mess up, I did :). I'll have another update in a day or two. I patched my CM parts, then I synced with CM source, and it overwrote the patch I did :S
romann, xoror has another patch set 16 and I think he said its now final. Aparently the last patch fixes a problem with SiRF chips. On another note, he sent me his CMParts but noted that he has no clue if I should be trying it or not. You think its safe to try or not?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
SkOrPn said:
romann, xoror has another patch set 16 and I think he said its now final. Aparently the last patch fixes a problem with SiRF chips. On another note, he sent me his CMParts but noted that he has no clue if I should be trying it or not. You think its safe to try or not?
You should be good to go. Just make sure you are NOT using the HC lockscreen or it will FC :)
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
54 Posts
roman said:
You should be good to go. Just make sure you are NOT using the HC lockscreen or it will FC :)
Ok cool, thanks for quick reply. Not sure why I didnt just ask you in IRC, but hey what ever... lol thanks
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
5 Posts
Just curious if anyone is having problems with the video recorder? I can't get it to work on hd, high our low settings. It just records for a few seconds, gets choppy and freezes, followed by a fc. I can't play back the clips either. The camera seems to work fine.
If anyone could please confirm and reply back that would be great. At least then I'll know if its possibly a bad flash.
I'm running the latest Bali kernel if that makes a difference.
Also, any other camera/video recorder apk suggestions for this ROM?
Thanks.
 
101 - 120 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top