Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] [2.3.5] Trigger » 08/22

39K views 138 replies 44 participants last post by  bdubs4200 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Since this is the Vibrant forum, I figure I need to say this
READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ
Info
  • Android 2.3.5 - based on newest Cyanogenmod source
  • Working Phone without Mute/unmute bug :)
  • Honeycomb lockscreen!
  • fast & stable!

Tweaks & More options:
  • clock options (hide, ampm, small ampm)
  • signal options (hide, show dbm text & more)
  • show H icon instead of 4G
  • and more!

Bugs
-same bugs as CM7

Credits
-Cyanogenmod & Team Douche
-faux123 (special thanks to Faux for helping me and answering my dumb questions)
-atinm (thank you for your work on the Vibrant, amazing dev)

Screenshots

View attachment 1291

Installation Instructions
wipe data/factory reset
Same instructions as in the CM7 OP. You should be able to flash this over any CM7 based ROM just fine, and technically, you *should* be able to flash this from any Eclair/Froyo ROM.

Changelog

8/22
- cm code sync
- 911/emergency dialing fix included
- external BT gps support supposed to be included this time for realsies
- probably other stuff skitz/skorpn bugged me about

[hide=Click here to see previous changelog.]8/16
-fixed external gps (thanks xoror)
-CM sync (new kernel)
-just to keep you guys sane ;)

8/12
-code sync with cm repos
-more honeycomb code updates
-gapps now included
-external GPS functionality from gerrit

8/4
* removed gapps from build, flash separately :)
* added in a possible fix for battery FC (let me know)

8/3
* as always, latest CM changes as of right before the build
* changed to new versioning system to make it easier for me to keep all releases more or less the same between devices (using dates) to keep my sanity
* adding gapps in automagically from now on!
* new option to set the clock to the center
* MIUI battery code enhancements
* Tweaks minor bug fixes
* Honeycomb lockscreen! Access from CyanogenMod settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Lockscreen Style (did this to be consistent with other CM lockscreen settings)
*** taking suggestions on how to improve this. I may add custom app launchers to each quadrant, but still listening to what you guys have to say. Do you even like it? Etc.

build 17 - 7/29
* MIUI battery bar (selectable from Extra Tweaks -> Battery Options) - thanks sbrissen!
* more LED notification stability code

build 16 - 7/27
* fixed colors not automatically changing (battery & signal colors)

build 15 - 7/26
* upgraded to Android 2.3.5 via CM (includes latest nightly changes)
* included Launcher Pro & Bloater
* re-structured a lot of my backend coding for my tweaks (app & system) to allow for easy future expansion
** while I recoded it, I included the CM7-style color picker some of you were asking for for my tweaks (custom hex codes)
** You won't see much change, but just know it took forever :)

future plans: Trigger theme, custom wallpapers, more customizations. In time.

build 14 - 7/20
-newest changes from cm repo as always
-added an LED toggle (your kernel has to have this feature, so it may not work for you)
-added bloater, preinstalled, open it and you can install a gps config that will make your gps msbased, and more settings (better/faster locks)
-fixed small display bug with dbm display signal (extra space, for Callip!)
-gpsd from build 12

build 13 - 7/14
-double mute/unmute fix! that outa do it.
-fixed issue where your settings in tweaks wouldn't save upon reboot
-newest changes from CM repos of course
-added gps disabler into tweaks (for those who want it)

build 12 - 7/9
-newest cm7 commits
--- which happens to include my GPS fix for JVP
--- and it works, 100% so far for me ;)

build 11 - 7/7
-fixed battery text not decreasing properly
-fixed Phone mute/unmute bug
-different bootanimation

build 10 - 7/7
-fixed power off bug (it actual powers off now!)
-fixed all funky reboot behaviors
-re-added custom battery mod settings in tweaks
--can toggle on/off every element & customize it, just play with it

-as always, synced to newest cm changes

note: anything you see greyed out in the CM Settings that you think shouldn't be, it likely means I've replaced those functions and the settings are in the Extra Tweaks setting. I did this in order to avoid any conflicts with the CM code :). It wil never be less functionality either, only more.

build 9 - 7/6
-based off CM7 now for more features and awesomeness!
-no theming or aesthetical change (maybe some custom wallpapers later, but I'm not a themer)
-newest CM changes
---creenshot from power menu
-custom hard reboot option added to reboot menu that will fix data
-battery customizations currently disabled to avoid conflict with CM battery mods
-that's it for now!

build 8 - 7/3
-fixed media scanner (music wasn't showing up properly)
-fixed small battery display bug where it would reappear after hiding
-added widget grouping when selecting them on your homescreen

build 6 - 7/2

Tweaks:
--added ability to hide signal bars
--battery icon hides instantly now
--signal icon changes instantly between H/4G
--added ability to show signal strength in dbm in statusbar
--added ability to automatically color dbm based on what the statusbar would be (0, 1, 2, 3, 4)
--can set color to static
--i think that's it for the tweaks

System changes:
--faux's latest framework fixes (check github histories)
--enabled high bitrate full hd recording (1080p)
--updated kernel to 0.2.8 (faux, ilu)
--i'm sure i missed a couple of other minor things here

build 5 - 7/1
-hid tweaks in app drawer
-added ability to toggle between H icon and 4G icon in tweaks settings
---BUG! it will do a soft reboot on you when you switch it. it's also likely that you may have to do a hard reboot after that to get data back. this will be fixed in the next release :)
-upgraded faux's kernel to 0.2.7 & other fixes (check github histories for extended info if you like)
-decreased padding on statusbar elements so it looks less wonky
-I think that's it, spent a couple hours working on getting github worked out properly last night!

build 4 - 6/30
-initial public release[/hide]

You should know
  • If you have Gingerbread bootloaders, you will not be able to access your external SD card & possibly some other bugs
  • GPS is half ass working. It is just like the JVP GPS fix. It works sometimes, other times it does not. I will include a NON working GPS kernel by default in order to avoid any potential battery leakage. Flash GPS enabled kernel at your own will.
  • Having battery drain issues? GPS is a likely culprit. Use my "Disable GPS" in Extra Tweaks function!
FAQ
Q: Can I flash an upgrade without wiping data?
A: Sometimes it's okay to do so, but other times it will conflict with the new updates. Best bet is to do a CWM backup, and a Titanium backup before you try anything if you don't know what you're doing. If you run into any issues or funny behavior, just do a data wipe.

Q: Sometimes my GAPPS are missing, why?
A: Everytime you flash the ROM or an upgrade to it, you MUST flash the Gapps package. It takes an extra 3 seconds, don't complain! I try and keep all upgrades on ROM Manager, you can have it install the Gapps for you right after it installs the ROM.

Q: Ok, but how do I avoid having to sign into Google?
A: When you flash an upgrade, be sure to flash the gapps while you're still in recovery before rebooting. That way you will still be signed in. So, flash the ROM, then flash gapps without rebooting.

Download - thank you goo-inside.me for awesome hosting!

Trigger - 8/22 -- includes gapps

Google Apps - 7/29

Flash both, or use ROM manager to install!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Gee thanks Roman, now I got to ODIN back to Froyo bootloaders and go back to JFD to try this out! LOL j/k man ! You're a beast, stop kidding yourself and just calling yourself a 7Zip hero! Can't wait to try this one out. I'm getting all the ODIN files and Bootloaders downloaded now in preperation!
Thanks again!!!!!!

#5 ·
Roman you are the MAN..... Is it really worth going thru all the hassel of changing back to froyo bootloaders when all I have on my external SD is Avatar..If not can I just odin from Asgard to stock jfd then flash REDUX. I would like to see what all the hype is about. Asgard has been quite awesome as a daily for some time now.

#15 ·
Raykovitz said:
Flashed and it seems that all my contacts have disappeared..I have tried to restore the w/ titanium.. No luck google did not restore them either. Any ideas how I can get them back..

I was able to retrieve the ones stored on the sim card but not the one on the phone..yet
Not sure, haven't had any problems with contacts, mine are all synced with Google and come back in full every time.

Raykovitz said:
Roman.. Is there a possibility of getting TW4 added to this. I have grown accustomed to having a 5 icon dock..
You can use fr4gg0r's TW4 (whitehawk posted a link in the xda thread) with this I believe. Or just use Launcher Pro :)

#16 ·
roman said:
Not sure, haven't had any problems with contacts, mine are all synced with Google and come back in full every time.

Thanks.. This is the firs time it has happened to me google usually restores them but for some reason they didn't sync this time.

You can use fr4gg0r's TW4 (whitehawk posted a link in the xda thread) with this I believe. Or just use Launcher Pro :)
I was thinking of this . I just didn't know if it was compatable.. I'm not that familar w/ CM7 based roms. But it seems that you have put the iceing on this cinnabon.. :D

#23 ·
So I got this idea from Tory Heal on the EDT facebook, and it's working beautifully for my battery life.

On redux, I simply went into settings and checked "Use only 2G networks" and battery life has improved DRASTICALLY. How drastically? Instead of 10-15% drain per hour with Redux, I'm getting more like 3-5% per hour!

Looks like we found what the battery killer is! My phone would die before 5PM before that, and now it's 10 and I'm at 45%.

If you ever need the higher data speeds, it's as simple as re-enabling 3G.

#25 ·
Ok, so last time this was updated I read on the xda thread that if I was on build 12 that I could just flash build 13 right on top and don't need to wipe data or anything , just flash this puppy right over.
So I did that and when the phone rebooted I didn't even have the option to sign into google, opening gmail it would immediately close out and force close.. blah blah blah... Basically what I had to do was factory reset and wipe eveything as usual and then flash build 13.

So my question is: Did something just go wrong last time ? OR Do I really need to factory reset and wipe cache and dalvik before flashing this build over build 13 that I'm running now?

I know this kind of stuff is asked all over and that it's probably said a million times on XDA but I can't seem to just get a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance and sorry for a noob question..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.