Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Developer
13 Posts
Nice work man. :) I had an idea a while back but I never tried it. If you check XDA they have a thread about different region files for gps.conf and was wondering if maybe you had any ideas how to make a selection screen which users could choose what region they live in then it load the proper settings in their gps.conf for that area.

Here is the thread I am talking about so maybe you can get a better idea what I mean. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1085354

Basically some how make it store the various files but only load the information needed for their location they select.

Hope I made sense if not pm me I will try to explain it better :D

·
Developer
13 Posts
Well I am glad I made sense cause it is cleaning day here and my wife was yelling at me while I typed that :grin2:

I figured that would go good in your edit tweaks app and wanted to share the idea as I figure you would have done better at the mod then me :android-smile:

·
Developer
13 Posts
roman said:
Actually, I am going to do it through Bloater (not sure if you've seen that app of mine). It is basically setup to do all of what we want, except it couldn't do permissions. Working on getting that added. Well, testing it, already added :).
Yea I think I seen that on my old vibrant. Don't remember what all it did but I remember seeing it :grin3:

I got the ideal from seeing all the people complain about gps and thought why not let them pick the zone they live in so they get the best settings possible. Plus people travel alot and that would allow them to adjust it accordingly. :)

Anyways good job on the rom so far. Cant wait to see what all you do to it :android-smile:

·
Developer
13 Posts
roman said:
Bloater 0.72

Grab that and test it out for me. Install as a normal app
I see the Test G2X permissions and launcher selection I then went into permissions and picked North east when I do every one of them change to uninstall.

That was more or less what I was trying to describe so good job man, Alot of people will like that app of yours on the G2X :android-smile:

·
Developer
13 Posts
jay2487 said:
I knew that guy in the profile pic looked familiar, so you are birgertime! Don't tell me the name was already taken on Rootzwiki lol
Yes I asked him to make the app then he did and posted it here and XDA :grin2:

(I know the name got me at first as well)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts