Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a newbie with an AT&T Galaxy SII I777 and hope I'm in the right place for help with my questions. If not please point me in the right direction.
About Phone
Android version 2.3.7
Basband I777UCKK6
Kernel 2.6.35.7-g6277c46

I have problems with the 4 buttons (navigation at bottom) with the lights staying on sometimes when I turn off the screen and they stay on which will drain the battery. Sometimes a reboot fixes it and I have tried all the options from never on to 5, 10 seconds and etc but it is pretty quirky. I also don't know how to update the Cyangenmod7 nightlys and wondered if I should even do them. I'm good with PC's but this Android phone rooting stuff is very different to me so I may ask some dumb questions here.

I also have the battery with NFC on it and can see it in programs since rooting the phone but can't turn it on. I was wanting to use Google Wallet but thats really not a big deal for right now, but its part of the reason I bought the phone. I realize that AT&T is the main problem with their own competing software to the Wallet, but do I really have an NFC capable phone in the first place and will I eventually be able to turn the NFC on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw the info above for the Mod updates but I think a step may be missing.
  • Install ROMManager Premium. DID THAT
  • Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Pick Samsung Galaxy S2. DID THAT
  • Choose Download ROMs. DID THAT
  • Pick the CyanogenMod Nightlies. SAW SEVERAL WITH #20 AS LATEST ONE BUT DIDN'T CHOSE ONE BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE GOOGLE APPS YET
  • Check the Google Apps addon. DON'T SEE THIS BUT MAYBE THIS IS THE STEP I'M MISSING THAT COMES AFTER CHOSING THE #20
  • Check Backup current ROM! DIDN'T GO ANY FURTHER BECAUSE I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE GOOGLE APPS WILL COME UP
  • Check wipe cache, dalvik cache. I'M FAMILAIR WITH THIS
  • Let ROMManager finish the installation I UNDERSTAND

1 - 2 of 2 Posts