Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Developer
34 Posts
the What
Phiremod Gingerbread for Nook Color is compiled entirely from Cyanogenmod source, customized to my liking, and distributed freely to anyone interested in using it.

the Why
The goal for Phiremod Gingerbread is to deliver a lightweight, functional and customized Android 2.3.x build for your Nook Color without the hassle of flashing every Nightly that comes along. All Phiremod releases have the intention of being a stable, long-term option for your Nook Color.

the How
Follow any of these Guides: One, Two, Three

the Who
My name is @ryanklumph, and I am not a Mormon.

the Credits
Cyanogen
Dalingrin
Fat_Tire
Team Douche

v7.2
* Built from CM source (7.2 RC1)
* Heavily tweaked theme
* Phiremod Protips
* Custom Settings
* Custom CMParts
* Custom Wallpapers
* Modified hosts profile for less web ads
* Google Gears Bootanimation
* Removed Androidian
* Removed Cyanbread
* Phiremod system Changelog
* Included Canvas
* Custom Default Sounds
* Modified Icons
* Many much build.prop tweakses including:
* Increased default Dalvik VM heap size (64m)
* TCP Buffer Tweaks
* UI optimzed to partly use GPU
* Increased Media/Image quality tweaks
* Optimized Boot Tweaks

** GAPPS not included
** MD5: da8d1a178b284b2b19a58b54555de7bc

:: Please note that all builds are available in Rom Manager and GooManager ::

Performance Tips:
* Open Spare Parts and change "Window animations" and "Transition animations" to FAST
* Settings > Phiremod settings > Performance > CPU Settings > Max CPU frequency; set governor to INTERACTIVEX (Conservative if you experience SOD issues)

· Nightmare Prince
196 Posts
This thread looks like Walmart after black Friday's sale. Where all the posts are gone???

· Nightmare Prince
196 Posts
The thread had to be re-created as there was some sort of corruption in the HTML. Sorry!
Man this ROM is so perfect that despite of my utmost efforts I did not found any issues at all LOL. To be very honest I tried your MIUI ROM but there was a huge lag and freezing issues through SD card. May be its not like that with internal memory flash but I never tried it with internal memory as I don't want to void the warranty. Congratulations on this effort. Are you preparing for ICS/HC Phiremod ROM??
Keep up the good work.

· Registered
20 Posts
Man this ROM is so perfect that despite of my utmost efforts I did not found any issues at all LOL. To be very honest I tried your MIUI ROM but there was a huge lag and freezing issues through SD card. May be its not like that with internal memory flash but I never tried it with internal memory as I don't want to void the warranty. Congratulations on this effort. Are you preparing for ICS/HC Phiremod ROM??
Keep up the good work.
How did you set up your SD card with the Phiremod 7.1 on it? I had some answers on the old post but they are gone now and I did not copy them.

Also I was wondering what happened to the full post on this topic. I see the problem I had with the errors is now corrected.

Still waiting on my Nook Color to be delivered but want to be prepared with the Phiremod 7.1 on an SD card when I get it.

Thanks,

· Developer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep up the good work.
Glad you like it!

I am very excited to get ICS on this thing. I haven't had much time to mess around with it, but you can certainly expect that Phiremod will be upgraded to ICS when available.

· Developer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did you set up your SD card with the Phiremod 7.1 on it? I had some answers on the old post but they are gone now and I did not copy them.

Also I was wondering what happened to the full post on this topic. I see the problem I had with the errors is now corrected.

Still waiting on my Nook Color to be delivered but want to be prepared with the Phiremod 7.1 on an SD card when I get it.

Thanks,
There are some resources out there on accomplishing this.. I'll see what I can find to post here.

· Developer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wanted to thank you all for your support over the last couple of years. It was time to move on from the Nook Color and I will miss that terrific little device, as well as this amazing community. I'm excited to start having some fun with the Acer Iconia A100. Perhaps I'll see some of you over there someday!

In Christ,
Ryan

· Android Master
3,941 Posts
Anyone have a mirror for this? Can't seem to get the goo link to download. File not found

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.