Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Okay. Round 3. (if there are any tense issues, I apologise ahead of time; I'm writing the post while I wait for my nandroid backup to complete, and am trying to account for all potential outcomes of this process :grin: )

I have successfully been able to get adb working on Linux Mint 11, and it will recognise my device running Virtuous 1.3.3 every time.

To test, I plugged in the device, rebooted, ran "adb logcat > logcat.txt" waited until the phone fully booted, pressed ctrl+c, and viewed the .txt file. And I got a bunch of code.

Now I made another nandroid for good measure and am repeating the flash process. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, it will not logcat the boot of gingerbang. I did the exact same thing I did to logcat the boot of Virtuous, and gingerbang keeps giving me empty .txt files.

As another user posted trying a different kernel, I'd love to follow their lead and swap the gingersense kernel into gingerbang, but I just don't have the time. Thanks for trying to help me out, and I'll just wait until a new gingerbang version is up with a regular kernel.

EDIT: again, just to provide you with as much info as possible, after I booted into recovery, I figured instead of restoring my Virtuous nandroid, I would get one more test in and I flashed gingersense. I attempted to logcat the boot, and I was successful. I don't know what this all means, exactly, except all signs are pointing to gingerbang hating my inc2 :(

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Nitsuj17

I have been trying to replace the boot animation file in this ROM by replacing the .zip in system/customize/resource. However, doing this does not change the actual boot animation. I have tried several different downloads, made sure that it is named correctly, but still to no avail. Any wonders why this won't work. I feel I have tried everything. Thanks

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
There currently isn't a boot ani in either of these. I tried to paste a copy in both of these locations and this worked. Thanks! Not sure why there was one in system/customize/resource, but I got it working. Thanks again!

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Just flashed the patch over BetterSlate-themed 1.6. Probably because it has to do with the framework, but it changed the blue battery back to green.

That said, I have been loving 1.6 and these new changes have made it even better!

Sent from my DInc2

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
validoption said:
Just flashed the patch over BetterSlate-themed 1.6. Probably because it has to do with the framework, but it changed the blue battery back to green.

That said, I have been loving 1.6 and these new changes have made it even better!

Sent from my DInc2
better slate will be updated tomorrow...because crt off required some framework-res edits, the battery images and overscroll glow would revert

i have the update done just to upload it and post tomorrow :)

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I couldn't find that anyone had reported this, so I wanted to check if this was known.

I tried out this rom the other day, installing 1.6 and then the 1.7 patch. I found that that if you are in the desk clock app and hit the "screensaver" button (right next to the moon/sleep/dimmer button), there's an unexpected reboot. I reproduced that, and also that the reboot happens if you just let the clock sit there, until the screensaver tries to kick in on its own. So there's something glitchy with the screensaver functionality of the clock.

I had seen this issue when I tried out SkyRaider Zeus as well, so maybe it's something specific to 2.1 roms? Stock (and the roms that are just debloated stock, like rmk's gingersense) don't have this though. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
ericdroid said:
I couldn't find that anyone had reported this, so I wanted to check if this was known.

I tried out this rom the other day, installing 1.6 and then the 1.7 patch. I found that that if you are in the desk clock app and hit the "screensaver" button (right next to the moon/sleep/dimmer button), there's an unexpected reboot. I reproduced that, and also that the reboot happens if you just let the clock sit there, until the screensaver tries to kick in on its own. So there's something glitchy with the screensaver functionality of the clock.

I had seen this issue when I tried out SkyRaider Zeus as well, so maybe it's something specific to 2.1 roms? Stock (and the roms that are just debloated stock, like rmk's gingersense) don't have this though. Any ideas?
did it/does it happen in 1.6? i needed to use ihtfp's service.jar for crt animations in 1.7 (with his permission of course)

that would be the only thing i could think that would cause issues

(also i have to update this thread, i have a lot of patches on xda that i havent posted here yet...woops)

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Not sure if it still happened in 1.6, I went straight to 1.7. Though if you used ihftp's service.jar, that might explain it, since the issue was in his rom too. I've notified him about the issue over at the teambamf forums, but I have no idea if he's fixed it, or even knows the cause.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
ericdroid said:
Not sure if it still happened in 1.6, I went straight to 1.7. Though if you used ihftp's service.jar, that might explain it, since the issue was in his rom too. I've notified him about the issue over at the teambamf forums, but I have no idea if he's fixed it, or even knows the cause.
yeah, not something i would have ever caught or noticed...so good find

21 - 40 of 58 Posts