Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts

Version 1.3.0 [Released 30/5/11]

infin1ty is a ambitious ROM for the Nexus S (GSM only for the moment), based off AOSP (Blandroid) code while aiming to be as stable and fast as possible

Screenshots

Features

• AOSP 2.3.4 base
  • Netarchy 1.3.4 CFS kernel
  • Proton Voltage Control app (written by me) for custom UV
  • Latest modded GAPPS with working Gtalk Video Chat!
  • CM APN list - no more manually entering them
  • Loads of extra language support
  • Dark Camera UI and Dark Launcher2
  • GB Style accurate battery mod
  • SIP calling over 3G
  • Transparent Dialer and Notification Shade
  • Ad blocking hosts file
  • Universal volume controls (Settings > Sound > Volume > Check both boxes)
  • Notification control toggles (swipe to clear noficiations)
  • App widget picker (groups widgets)
  • Loads of other tweaks and features

Installation

A wipe is required when first flashing infin1ty, however, unless otherwise stated, no wipe is needed to upgrade between versions.

1. Download infin1ty-xxx-signed.zip to your sdcard storage on your Nexus S
  2. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery through whatever method you choose (ROM Manager, Power + Volume Up)
  3. Back up your existing installation
  4. [First flash only] Use the volume keys and power button to select Wipe Data
  5. Select Install Zip from SD Card
  6. Find the infin1ty-xxx-signed.zip file you downloaded earlier
  7. Scroll through all the No's and hit Yes, install infin1ty-xxx-signed.zip
  8. Wait for the installation to finish
  9. Select Reboot
  10. After initial reboot, reboot a second time and you're all set

Downloads

I'm not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.

Downloads are now hosted at
http://goo-inside.me

infin1ty-1.3.0-signed.zip
[/URL]
Checksums and changes for each version are here:
changelog.txt

Credits

A big thanks to cilice for all the hard work on the graphics and website design!

And to everyone else who's contributions made infin1ty possible
Joshua Stein - Python08 - Frank707 - CM Team - Supercurio - Netarchy - Nitr8 - Sonnysekhon - Ogdobber - MasterTM - Phaelox - Boombuler - ChainsDD

Donate

I spend a lot of my spare time working on this project, and provide it here for anyone to download and use for free. This isn't free on my end, there are various costs involved and lots of time spent, so please take a moment to consider a small donation to help me. Thankyou
Donate via PayPal

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
For those of you who have a question that isn't answered here, you can find the thread over at XDA here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12778400
Your question has probably been asked there already

I am currently working a redo of the whole ROM from scratch, and it's going to be really unique (until Google comes along with Ice Cream Sandwich and it's phone UI *hint hint*). Nexus S 4G support will come in this v2 release, currently infinity is GSM only.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Hello Jonathan, I have been using your rom since it began. No other offered the stability and functionality of yours. I use it with the Trinity UV kernel and its superb. I was wondering what kernel you will use in your new build? I cannot wait to see it.....have a feeling it will be really unique

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
krokodil said:
Hello Jonathan, I have been using your rom since it began. No other offered the stability and functionality of yours. I use it with the Trinity UV kernel and its superb. I was wondering what kernel you will use in your new build? I cannot wait to see it.....have a feeling it will be really unique
I'm not sure as to what kernel to use actually. Trinity is a great performer however my worry is that some people have issues when running it. Netarchy seems to be a stable all-round type kernel, and as always you can flash a separate kernel if needed.

That said, I am thinking of maybe incorporating a type of customise your build app eventually, maybe offering various kernel combos and allowing you to remove apps you wouldn't need, adding in others etc.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Your right about the Trinity series, not so stable but very cool! Netarchy is nice too...I think a UV with the latest voodoo is the way forward. Voodoo v9 is superb.

Just to reiterate, I think I have tried every nexus s rom but yours is easily the best. Never had a problem.
Google should hire you!

·
Average Android
60 Posts
Hi jonathon. moved here from xda just coz of your rom. really waiting for the new version..

·
Supporting Member
4 Posts
Hi Jonathon! Being using your ROM and it's great.

Waiting for infinity² to try it.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
One of the best roms for NS,and I had it from begining only to recently switch to Oxygen, but I think I'm coming back.It's not easy to resist the energy you put into developing.Anyway you are one of my favorite devs.Keep it up bro.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Little update here. I have added in the new framework I am using for the new UI elements (Greendroid, have a look) except its requiring a bit of changing to get it to work as a .jar library which the android system requires. This is my current hurdle, then once I've done that its status bar revamp time!

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cabstrak said:
How's your progress Jon? :D
Sorry for the lack of updates but there has been progress! infinity control is coming along nicely and I am working on a system wide implementation of Johan Nilssons ActionBar for the new UI.
Having heard rumours of the new update (GRJ50 was it?) I will have that to merge in soon as well.

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.