Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Editor
876 Posts
Thread Open for Business!

Recently, there has been concern brought to RootzWiki's administrative staff related to the recognition and hosting of activities by developers who previously may have had a less than stellar track record or reputation. We're appreciative of the concern that our members, followers, and other parties show for the health of the Android community, and would like to address our stance on diversity and ethics in the development community.

RootzWiki recognizes that, ultimately, people just want to flash quality ROMs and kernels. For a majority of the community, prior transgressions are just that - prior. While some members of the Android community have a long memory (and rightfully so), many are simply looking for a place to try out, discuss, troubleshoot, and enjoy all the benefits that come with an open platform. RootzWiki, in the grand scheme of things, is not an old community; much of the baggage that is carried by some developers came before our domain was registered. With that, we are taking that stance that all developers should enjoy the opportunity to create and recreate themselves so long as they adhere to a code of ethics that protect themselves and the community.

At the same time that RootzWiki offers developers the opportunity to prove themselves, we must continue to operate with our members' best interests involved. Those best interests involve monitoring developers' activities, attitudes, and interactions on the RootzWiki forums and requesting that they adhere to the professional ethos outlined in the Developer Indoc. While RootzWiki does not wish to be the police force of the Android community, we extend every courtesy to developers up to the point that they prove they are no longer acting with best interests of their users and the community at heart. When this point is reached, we will not hesitate to cease relations with the rogue developer and educate the community on our decision.

We encourage the community to make values-based judgments on the ROMs, kernels, themes, and mods they use on their Android devices as well as the developers and themers they support. In the end, we all benefit from the diversity of ideas created by a robust developer community and healthy community interaction.

·
Android Beginner
76 Posts
Hello all,
Just wanted to share my discoveries here in regards to the ROM. Everything works well as far as JB interface and usability. I did notice 2 issues:

1.) The battery icon, no matter which one I choose, does not show up. There is no battery read out what so ever in the navigation screen/task bar.
2.) When trying to access settings/interface/navigation bar, I get the following error: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

I did a full wipe and clean install over EOS JB. I'm going to try to re-flash and see what happens.

@CNA, so you want me to send a logcat if the problem persists?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah installation aborted. tried half a dozen times, complete wipes. no go on the Xoom LTE.

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
Hello all,
Just wanted to share my discoveries here in regards to the ROM. Everything works well as far as JB interface and usability. I did notice 2 issues:

1.) The battery icon, no matter which one I choose, does not show up. There is no battery read out what so ever in the navigation screen/task bar.
2.) When trying to access settings/interface/navigation bar, I get the following error: Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

I did a full wipe and clean install over EOS JB. I'm going to try to re-flash and see what happens.

@CNA, so you want me to send a logcat if the problem persists?
Same issue any word on trying to reflash?

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
The update didn't work so then i wiped... and formatted system and it was all good. Just a heads up again Still loving the ability to have JB

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.