Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: Verizon

Optional:: Themed

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Requires GApps

Source::
Source Built 4.2 Jelly Bean
  • 40 dpi NavBar
  • Advanced Power menu (thanks to Craig Gomez)
  • December fix (thanks to Tiny)
  • Gps and Tethering fix (thanks to Craig Gomez)
  • Blacked out Backgrounds
  • Rotation Lock added to Quick Settings
  • Rooted with SuperSU (thanks to Chainfire)
  • BusyBox and Init.d support
Screen Shots:

Links:
Rom:

11-26: PgD_11_26_2012.zip - 136.85 MB
Gapps: gapp_4.2_11_19_2012.zip - 84.94 MB

Mods:
Quick Settings update for 11-20 build : QuickSettings-11-24.zip - 1.34 MB
36 Dpi NavBar: 36_Dpi_Navbar.zip - 6.42 MB
White Soft Keys: White-Keys.zip - 1.18 MB

Flash with the newest TWRP or CWM recoveries to avoid the 0 SD Card bug
Clean Flash is recommended.
(Fine Print: I am not responsible for any damages that you may incur by flashing this rom)

Notes:
I have added the bug fixes as they have become available and will continue to do so as fixes become available.
I have debated on adding themed apps, but upon searching, I have found most of the apps that I would choose to theme have already been done by our talented themer's here at Rootz. I would recommend taking a look through the theme section for items such as themed Google Apps.

Change Log:
11-20-12: Added Quick Settings (thanks to kevdliu Info)

11-24-12: Update for Quick settings

11-26-12: Updated Quick Settings (Torch, WIfi Tether) added OTG support (thanks to Craig Gomez), CM File Manager (thanks to CM).

OTG Notes

1. Auto-mount to /storage/usbdisk
2. Files accessible by all applications, processes and users
3. Currently works with FAT & NTFS partitions
4. Full read-write access for FAT USB disks, read-only access for NTFS USB disks
5. This does not conform to the Android 4.2 multi-user capabilities. All users have full access to the OTG storage.

·
Android Beginner
481 Posts
Man I love the support this phone has gotten. Really makes it hard to consider anything else.

Anybody rockin this so far??

Any bugs we should be aware of?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using RootzWiki

·
Android Addict
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Op Updated with 11-20 build with added quick settings.

For those already using the 11-19 build, flash the quick settings update zip in TWRP or CWM recovery.

·
Android Addict
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any way to have the carrier read correctly instead of t-cdma?
It seems that the t CDMA is a random thing. I've never seen a t CDMA 65 though. Your not outside of your normal service area?
Have you rebooted the phone since flashing the ROM?
I know in the past when I've this issue that it was usually on my initial boot after flashing a ROM. A reboot would usually take care of it.

If that doesn't do it, let me know.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
I also found out that my phone wouldn't deep sleep until I rebooted at least once after the initial install. That's been true for every 4.2 build I've used including my own. Just a heads up for anyone that experiences that.

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
still there after a few reboots and cache wipe. I'm not outside my normal area but there is a network extender where i am, could that be the culprit? haven't had a chance to test around town yet

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
tried re-flashing rom and gapps with another cache wipe, no data wipe, and still shows "t-cdma 65." i'm pretty sure it's the network extender as i toggled airplane mode on then off and before the signal was picked up it said "verizon wireless" but as soon as it picked up the extender it went back to "t-cdma 65." it also shows the 'R' instead of 3 or 4g, which i assume means roaming due to the extender also. all in all a minor issue that i can certainly live with.

·
Android Addict
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tried re-flashing rom and gapps with another cache wipe, no data wipe, and still shows "t-cdma 65." i'm pretty sure it's the network extender as i toggled airplane mode on then off and before the signal was picked up it said "verizon wireless" but as soon as it picked up the extender it went back to "t-cdma 65." it also shows the 'R' instead of 3 or 4g, which i assume means roaming due to the extender also. all in all a minor issue that i can certainly live with.
It does sound like that it is roaming hence the t-cdma-65 issue. I'll send you a fix in a bit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts