Android OS Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Been on Eclipse for a long time but development seems to have stalled..... Only heard good things about your ROM so I am downloading as we speak. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Flashed it. So far so good. Really miss the cLock widget and custom battery / clock options.

Otherwise, runs great.

Sent from my DE Moto

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Flashed it. So far so good. Really miss the cLock widget and custom battery / clock options.

Otherwise, runs great.

Sent from my DE Moto
Glad it runs good! This ROM is meant to be simple, not a ton of mods, but enough to stand apart. The more mods there are the chance for issues to arise, and the possibility that battery life could go down some.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all,

Im having trouble flashing this rom on my Verizon DE Moto X (just got it at the mother days sale and loving it btw).

Im on 4.4.2, rooted, unlocked bootloader with v2.7.0.0 TWRP installed.

Im wiping Dalvik, data, cache, and system before I try to flash but i get a symlink error when I try to flash...

It states:

some symlinks failed

E: Error executing updater binary in zip ' /sdcard/Krypton-Rom_MotoX-v1.1-Unlocked.zip

I downloaded it again and get the same error, ive checked the MD5 sum on both downloads against the original and they are all the same.

i check R/W protection and im getting a 0

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell getprop ro.bo
ot.write_protect

Im kinda at a dead end here....any suggestions?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi all,

Im having trouble flashing this rom on my Verizon DE Moto X (just got it at the mother days sale and loving it btw).

Im wiping Dalvik, data, cache, and system before I try to flash but i get a symlink error when I try to flash...
It states:

some symlinks failed
E: Error executing updater binary in zip ' /sdcard/Krypton-Rom_MotoX-v1.1-Unlocked.zip

I downloaded it again and get the same error, ive checked the MD5 sum on both downloads against the original and they are all the same.

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell getprop ro.bo
ot.write_protect

Don't wipe system

Just wipe cache, data, dalvik then flash.

That's what I do and it goes.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hi all,

It states:

some symlinks failed

ot.write_protect

Hmm never heard of this, one thing don't wipe the /system partition it some times cause weird issues to arise!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sup Krypton... Just curious if this ROM is right where you want it or if there will be any updates. Been on it for a while now.

Sent from my DE Moto X

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Sup Krypton... Just curious if this ROM is right where you want it or if there will be any updates. Been on it for a while now.

Sent from my DE Moto X
Are you on v1.2? I just updated the OP with v1.2 a week or two ago. I plan on at least updating the ROM once a month to update the market apps. I definitely won't stop working on other stuff for the ROM but major updates or mods will not come as often. I just started my first job after graduating college, and I have a 1hr commute to work and close to a 2hr commute home. Which only leaves the weekend to actually work on the ROM when I'm not doing anything else unfortunately.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lol no I'm not. I didn't see any new posts so I didn't think to check the op. Sorry man that's my bad.

Sent from my DE Moto X

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Thanks for the ROM! I really liked the stock ROM you released, so I decided to try this one out!

The ROM runs great, but I keep running into a graphical issue whenever I first initially open Chrome after a clean flash - the two tip boxes that pop up when you open Chrome for the first time keep flickering. This is also apparent when I use Muzei. When I first open Muzei, the background image flickers. The background image of the "About Muzei" also flickers.

This only happens on your Krypton ROM and I've clean flashed several times.

It's not hindering by any means, but is something I'd bring up. Thanks!! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Thanks for the ROM! I really liked the stock ROM you released, so I decided to try this one out!

The ROM runs great, but I keep running into a graphical issue whenever I first initially open Chrome after a clean flash - the two tip boxes that pop up when you open Chrome for the first time keep flickering. This is also apparent when I use Muzei. When I first open Muzei, the background image flickers. The background image of the "About Muzei" also flickers.

This only happens on your Krypton ROM and I've clean flashed several times.

It's not hindering by any means, but is something I'd bring up. Thanks!! Keep up the good work!
The chrome issue has always happened to me after a fresh install on all my devices!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts