Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts

Device: mako (Nexus 4)

» Installation is simple:
  • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
  • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
  • Reboot

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

» Official downloads, mirrors, MD5s are found at AOKP.co

» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github
» SOURCE on AOKP.co

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
» Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Common fixes

Google Wallet
- Download Wallet.apk
- install with the following adb commands
adb remount
adb push </path_to/Wallet.apk>/Wallet.apk /system/app/Wallet.apk
adb shell "chmod 644 /system/app/Wallet.apk"
- <reboot your device from the power menu>

Google Chrome Settings FC Fix
- run the following adb commands
adb remount
adb shell "mv /system/app/BrowserProviderProxy.apk /system/app/BrowserProviderProxy.apk.bak"
- <reboot your device from the power menu>

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used those files and for some reason I have this bug. Top of the browser gets stuck and also the progress bar looks funny.

Had the same thing on build 27/11.

edit: screenshot is big so here's the link https://dl.dropbox.c...01 21.15.22.png
does it happen on other browsers or on sites other than rootz?

I remember that top bar was always causing weird display issues in the stock browser

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I'm still running the 12/2 build (first 12/2 build posted; official 11/30 gapps package from goo.im) because I wanted to give it a few days to see how well the ROM works after extended usage. With about 2 days of uptime, the ROM appears to be very stable but I've noticed the following issues:

1) The Recent Apps menu seems to get slower the longer the system is on, particularly after being idle for long periods. It can take up to 3 seconds just to load the recent apps page afterwhich it will refresh. On the Stock ROM there was very little delay and I didn't notice degradation in performance over time. The issue doesn't seem to be related to the # of apps open at a given time. I noticed the same issue on CM 10.1.

2) There is a bug in the APN page. If you create a new APN, you can set every entry except the MNC port. Specifically, I tested using the APN settings from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=3. (Note: I reported this at XDA, but it seems this forum is more active with the devs.) I know I'm running an older build but I didn't see anything regarding APNs in gerritt.
I noticed issue #1 as well. Not sure what's causing it but I'll try and look into it.

As far as APNs, I'll have to look into those tooo

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I am not sure how ethical to share but this guy has been sharing new builds nearly everyday. I admire him.
Maybe AOKP developer should only focus on development and such developer should compile new builds everyday.

http://goo.im/devs/DizzyThermal
Maybe user should stick to using! :)

No but really... I started this thread because I enjoy doing this, not for you (or anyone else) to enjoy my company
. Sure developing is fun, but it's also really awesome to see your work being used.

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
roman, if you'd like me to stop building unofficial nightlies for Toro, Maguro, Grouper and Toroplus, just say the word.. I respect your project and your Team.. I admire your work and want others to enjoy your work.

I started building during AOKP's Jellybean (4.1) Releases.. I noticed your nightlies page we becoming weeklies.. I went through my own "crack-flashing" phase and was building and flashing the AOKP changes as the team merged the work.. I wanted to share the CPU cycles my computer was processing nightly since the official nightlies were being patchy..

I credit your work and I make it apparent in the OP and throughout the thread, as does akellar
, that I am NOT part of the AOKP Team and that individuals should thank you and your Team for the hard work you put into the ROM, NOT me.. If this is/was an issue, I would have assumed that you or another member of the AOKP Team would have confronted me and asked me to stop..

Just say the word and the builds will come to a halt.. I don't want you to feel that my building is out of your control, it is ultimately your choice and I will respect your choice..

The last thing I or anyone else wants is to aggravate the Team that does anything but work hard for the community.. I am a developer myself, I know the feeling you get when someone uses your work; it's great.. I hope that the frequent building hasn't been diminishing this feeling.. I wouldn't have thought it would have been..

I'll be awaiting your response, keep up the great work roman!
I have no problem with them. I think most of the team feels the same way, (correct me if I'm wrong and you read this~).

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
http://goo.im/devs/roman/aokp_mako/aokp_mako_unofficial_Dec-06-12.zip - 4dc8cd10f82691fb513f5784f34fce43

- themable contacts/mms
- CM T9 dialer merged
- favorite contact toggle
- some other cherry picks including stuff for libpng libjpeg and dhcp scanning bug fix
- all widgets on lockscreen option is back
- unlimited widgets on lockscreen option
- more stuff likely

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.