Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 631 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
T'was removed intentionally.
I'm unsure what the final decision will be, but there was small talk of bringing it back.
Was there a mention of why it was removed? Do you know if there are any plans of getting the nofitications nav bar button to behave the same way as pulling down the notification bar, if there are no notifications it opens the quick controls?

· Registered
20 Posts
When I'm in whatsapp and want to share a picture it gives me the options of apps to open, whenever I press any of them (gallery or quickpic) it crashes and says "unfortunately the process com.whatsapp has stopped."

· Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Was there a mention of why it was removed? Do you know if there are any plans of getting the nofitications nav bar button to behave the same way as pulling down the notification bar, if there are no notifications it opens the quick controls?
I removed it because I was trying to minimize the amount of specific 'actions' we have to have. My thought was that it just launched google search anyway, so just select a shortcut/app to google :)

Didn't occur to me at the time that some apps support an in-app search function that the actual 'Keycode' to search could be useful for :)

I just pushed a patch to bring the search key back.

· Premium Member
1,662 Posts
When I'm in whatsapp and want to share a picture it gives me the options of apps to open, whenever I press any of them (gallery or quickpic) it crashes and says "unfortunately the process com.whatsapp has stopped."
That's another one of my derps. Fix has already been merged :)

· Premium Member
1,662 Posts
I mean when the option in nav bar rom control, home lomg press is set blank and when i long press it, recent tasks comes up
Two parts to answer:

1) Google did a poor job (IMHO) of implementing the 'swipe up for google now (NavRing as we call it)' functionality. In their implementation, a swipe *or* long pressing home would activate that. But yet, in landscape the swipe functionality was broken.
I re-wrote that section so that only the swipe up (or side if in landscape) will activate NavRing, leaving long press home to be assigned like we normally do

2) I just tested your issue and can confirm, If you set long press of the 'Home' button to be 'Blank', it will still bring up Recents. I never caught this as I use recents as long press on home anyway :) I'll have to dig into this. Far as I know, my NavBar code properly respects Blank/Longpress activities (You can set other buttons to 'blank' on long press and they'll do 'nothing' when long-pressed)...
My guess is that somewhere else in our code-base, some custom key defines (for devices with hardware based keys) is picking up a default here.

· Android Apprentice
215 Posts
This latest 12/3 build seems to be pretty flaky with the recents screen now. It's animations are jumpy and the "zoom out" animation when you switch to recents and it reduces the current app stutters. It didn't do this on 12/2. I don't see any other issues, but I haven't tested it for very long. You guys are amazing to keep pounding away at options!

I have one request - allow me to use the stock lockscreen clock (Yes, even with the bold first digits). I use the built in digital clock widget and have grown to like the formatting. I would like the lockscreen to match. Also, for the time being, if the lockscreen clock is going to be right-aligned with no centered option, please move the battery charging and alarm indicators also to the right side. They look silly being centered while the clock is on the right.

· Registered
10 Posts
I'm still running the 12/2 build (first 12/2 build posted; official 11/30 gapps package from goo.im) because I wanted to give it a few days to see how well the ROM works after extended usage. With about 2 days of uptime, the ROM appears to be very stable but I've noticed the following issues:

1) The Recent Apps menu seems to get slower the longer the system is on, particularly after being idle for long periods. It can take up to 3 seconds just to load the recent apps page afterwhich it will refresh. On the Stock ROM there was very little delay and I didn't notice degradation in performance over time. The issue doesn't seem to be related to the # of apps open at a given time. I noticed the same issue on CM 10.1.

2) There is a bug in the APN page. If you create a new APN, you can set every entry except the MNC port. Specifically, I tested using the APN settings from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=3. (Note: I reported this at XDA, but it seems this forum is more active with the devs.) I know I'm running an older build but I didn't see anything regarding APNs in gerritt.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hmm... I've had 2 instances of the device randomly shutting off; not a reboot either, a straight up shut down. Was running Dec 2 build #2, albeit with a different kernel. Just flashed Dec 3 and will keep stock kernel for now

· Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I'm still running the 12/2 build (first 12/2 build posted; official 11/30 gapps package from goo.im) because I wanted to give it a few days to see how well the ROM works after extended usage. With about 2 days of uptime, the ROM appears to be very stable but I've noticed the following issues:

1) The Recent Apps menu seems to get slower the longer the system is on, particularly after being idle for long periods. It can take up to 3 seconds just to load the recent apps page afterwhich it will refresh. On the Stock ROM there was very little delay and I didn't notice degradation in performance over time. The issue doesn't seem to be related to the # of apps open at a given time. I noticed the same issue on CM 10.1.

2) There is a bug in the APN page. If you create a new APN, you can set every entry except the MNC port. Specifically, I tested using the APN settings from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=3. (Note: I reported this at XDA, but it seems this forum is more active with the devs.) I know I'm running an older build but I didn't see anything regarding APNs in gerritt.
I noticed issue #1 as well. Not sure what's causing it but I'll try and look into it.

As far as APNs, I'll have to look into those tooo

· Registered
55 Posts
I have been using 4.1.2 - M1 for a long time. I think it has been 2 month since I installed a new build. I was waiting for a stable build.

It looks like it is time to install 4.2.1 . From comments I can see that it is stable enough.

Are you guys planing milestone on christmas day?

I would like to ask for grouper too. Are you gonna build it?

41 - 60 of 631 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.