Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Android Apprentice
42 Posts
What (other than GB on GB) does this build have going for it in comparison to 1.9.9.1?

I find it odd that just because this version has a few bugs people are jumping ship to toher ROMs instead of simply reflashing the other, and for me completely bug free, version..

· Android Apprentice
42 Posts
VoidedSaint said:
this one is on the gb kernel, you cant go from gb kernel back to froyo kernel you will brick, you have to sbf to go back, unless something has changed it has always been that way
Well, yes. You do have to SBF to go back but it was recommended to an SBF when moving to GB MIUI anyway.

SBF
Root
D2GBootstrap
Reflash MIUI

4 steps that took me less than 30min to do to go to GB MIUI, then another 30min back to 1.9.9.1 (while at work, no less).

· Android Apprentice
42 Posts
zoe said:
i think this is why, not odd to me...
What I meant: If 1.9.16 is buggy just flash back to 1.9.9.1 (which is stable) instead of basically saying "screw this new ROM" and flashing something completely different.

As for running out of battery: it's always recommended that you flash ROMs or SBF when starting from 100% battery. Why? Just this reason. If there is a bug that prevents your phone from charging you're basically out of luck (since in order to SBF your phone needs battery power instead of A/C power).

The only options left to you are:
1.) Find someone with a DX and swap batteries with them
2.) Buy a wall mounted battery charger
3.) Go to Verizon and ask (very politely) for a replacement battery

I ran into this problem while flashing my friend's D2G. AFAIK they're the same: the battery can't charge unless the phone is ON (not at bootloader screen) because charging is handled by the software.

You could always TRY to flash another GB based ROM though. It's not like it could hurt.

· Android Apprentice
42 Posts
bobAbooey said:
I'm a noob at this kinda stuff, how hard is it to make the browser an apk? My wife loves it but is not willing to mess with roms.
It already is one, just navigate to system/app and copy Browser.apk

You'll need to use ADB to pull it from a computer or Root Explorer to copy it from your phone.

· Android Apprentice
42 Posts
rludx said:
I encountered another minor bug with dial-pad. When I put the phone on speaker and press the dial-pad, I can hear echo coming back through the the speaker phone. It does not effect the numbers presses but it's a bit annoying to hear the dial-pad sound echo. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
I've had this issue since I began using MIUI, so yes. Kind of annoying, lol.

· Android Apprentice
42 Posts
'[TSON said:
;128540']DX I really like the hold-torch, I'd prefer if it wasn't changed.
@DXC: My thoughts?

Power turns the screen on and off.
Home turns the flashlight on and off (meaning click on, click off) when the screen is on and locked.
The other three hard keys do nothing when the screen is off.

Why would I need the Home key to have the ability to turn on the screen but be unable to turn it back off? And I hate needing to hold the damned Home key while I'm searching for something in the dark. Have you tried holding it down for more than 5 seconds while trying to search for something? The key is terribly placed for needing to be held...

If I need to turn the screen on, more than likely I'm pulling the phone out of my pocket. Meaning that my pointer finger is already poised at the top of the phone, primed and ready to hit the Power button to turn the screen on. And even if the if it's not in my pocket it's still just as easy to grip the phone by both the top and bottom with one hand and squeeze in order to turn the screen on.

I wouldn't want the other hard keys having the ability to turn the screen on because it increases the chances of me turning it on accidentally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.