Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
My bad, I thought going back to glass would be as simple as one or two edits...if anyone would like to instruct me on exactly what edits need to be made I will have no probs trying to do this myself...main problem is after I decompile classes idk where to go from there

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
rrockstar.kidd said:
My bad, I thought going back to glass would be as simple as one or two edits...if anyone would like to instruct me on exactly what edits need to be made I will have no probs trying to do this myself...main problem is after I decompile classes idk where to go from there
it is a rather simple edit, but when you go a decompile the classes.dex a second time, things look a lil different in the .smali files and is much easier to start fresh and use a whole new stock deodexed ROM with no edits made...its kinda stupid but the way it recompiles, it makes things work right and moves code around a lil bit...whats you beef with the puzzle lock anyways? most find it better than having the stupid sweep the glass lockscreen

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
lol I have no beef with the puzzle...I just prefer AOSP
I actually got it went back to stock as you said and pulled the system made the smali edits now I have AOSP lock
I posted it it the dev section I hope to get good enough at this that you guys let me on the team...
Now its on to finding out how to add back in the reboot and recovery...I know how to...itss just been AWHILLEE...lol...
and then make it into a flashable zip for everyone...

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
rrockstar.kidd said:
lol I have no beef with the puzzle...I just prefer AOSP
I actually got it went back to stock as you said and pulled the system made the smali edits now I have AOSP lock
I posted it it the dev section I hope to get good enough at this that you guys let me on the team...
Now its on to finding out how to add back in the reboot and recovery...I know how to...itss just been AWHILLEE...lol...
and then make it into a flashable zip for everyone...
reboot options are a pain on gingerbread...id offer to do them for you but it took me a day to get them in on gingerbread...im tired of adding them...lmao

trust me...its a bit different on GB homie...took jp 3 days to get it and still waiting on androidjonny to get it done for cs showcase...i cant give you a link to a tutorial but a few things a different in GB and it makes that how to a lil hard to follow cause of some smali name changes

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
"jpaulwaite said:
debloat up

overscroll glow added to theme, main rom soon
Nice work jp. How is this any different than heinz though? Not knocking the work just curious what the difference is or what the difference may be in the end?

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
I have used both, more seems to.be themed on Jp's. Tators has some really nice transitions. That just from my visual stand point.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
akellar said:
Nice work jp. How is this any different than heinz though? Not knocking the work just curious what the difference is or what the difference may be in the end?
Country_Gravy said:
Same here. I installed Heinz and have downloaded this but was unsure of the difference.
The differences are pretty minor. This rom is pretty much my introduction to smali-editing and whatnot. All the work was done by me, I deodexed the files myself, edited the smali and xmls myself, and i ported the theme for it myself.

I used Tators dropdown menu for my theme because I liked it better than the crysis one. I edited all the themed items. I used his meta.inf's for both the rom and the theme.

It was meant to be a platform for developers to build themes and other roms from a clean stock rooted build. I added the puzzle lock and the reboot options to the framework.jar and android.policy.jar to save themers the trouble of adding them in themselves, and possibly borking something :)

My rom has none of the perks from heinz, like the animations and other tweaks Tator and the gang have done. Mine is just as close to stock as you get get, with a few niceties added in for flavor.

I'm not going to be doing any more work on this rom. It was more a learning experience proposed and directed by Baked_Tator to get me up to speed. Now that we're both on the same page, we intend to work together to make Heinz as kickass as it can be, my schedule permitting :)

Same thing with my theme. I had never ported a theme before, and so in the same fashion as with the rom, Tator told me where to look, and I did the work.

I use my rom on my phone, because I made it and it makes me happy that I was able to do so succesfully, thanks to all the help I had. I use the theme also. I figured I would submit it to the community because it was different enough and people had been asking for a stock deodexed rom to work from.

The differences are important enough that you can't mix and match stuff from the two without having the proper framework.jar and android.policy.jar and framework.res. The id's and code lines are very different on that level, and will give adverse results.

I'll pack this theme up with the necessary files for heinz and get it up sometime this week for folks that want it on Heinz. But for now, use this theme only for my rom. :)

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Am I missing something or is this rom missing the option to add a corporate/exchange email account? When I go to add an account, it gives the option for the social networking sites, and then like, gmail. Normally there's a "corporate" option to add my work email.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
matt314159 said:
Am I missing something or is this rom missing the option to add a corporate/exchange email account? When I go to add an account, it gives the option for the social networking sites, and then like, gmail. Normally there's a "corporate" option to add my work email.
If you're on the debloated version, then yes, it is missing, as that feature is part of the VzWemail.apk, which I remove as I don't use it.

There are two ways to fix this, one that easy for me, and one thats easy for you:

easy for me: download normal rom version, open (not extract) archive in 7zip ONLY. Goto system/app/ folder. copy vzwemail.apk from normal rom into debloated rom and put into system/app/ folder. reflash debloat.

easy for you: I make a flashable package for you.

I'd rather you do this stuff as I have other things to do, but if you can't figure it out, ill get it for you.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Yup, although mine is built into the theme, not the rom like Heinz. Kinda funny though. Tator's pakage was done by rrockstar.kid, who said that he actually edited the smali to make it work although Tator had to change the id's from the ones that were included in the tutorial on how to add overscroll glow. I didn't. I dumped the entire source package into my framework.jar, and got overscroll glow to work with the id changes.

The funny thing is that tator and I get the exact same errors, him using rrockstar.kids build, and me using my non-edited, straight file-replacement one. To top it all off, these are the EXACT same errors that plagued ec09 when overscroll was added right down to loss of touchscreen responsiveness.

So, one can draw a number of conclusions from this information: Someone is full of shit, and it's not me. I wouldn't take credit for work I didn't do, nor would I present something under a false pretense. Or, there's some mysterious bug in tw overscroll that makes three seperate package glitch all the same way....

Now as I am not interested enough in these conclusions to actually do investigatory research, I will simply state my opinion regarding this issue, as above, I feel someone is being dishonest. May guilt eat them alive knowing that they've been discovered.

I stand by the idea that all of us used the same source, in the same original form, with no edits being actually made properly to integrate this behavior in our roms...call me a conspiratorialist, but some things are so blatant that coincidence is out of the question.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Well that was quite the lengthy explanation. :) I might use your build for the theme then since you said it's probably not going to change a lot from now and it doesn't have the issues. I like overscroll but out isn't a make our break thing for me. Hopefully can have the theme out tonight if all cooperates.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I've already got the link up to the theme without oc glow. Were you planning on making your own? That would be pretty cool.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
jpaulwaite said:
If you're on the debloated version, then yes, it is missing, as that feature is part of the VzWemail.apk, which I remove as I don't use it.

There are two ways to fix this, one that easy for me, and one thats easy for you:

easy for me: download normal rom version, open (not extract) archive in 7zip ONLY. Goto system/app/ folder. copy vzwemail.apk from normal rom into debloated rom and put into system/app/ folder. reflash debloat.

easy for you: I make a flashable package for you.

I'd rather you do this stuff as I have other things to do, but if you can't figure it out, ill get it for you.
Hey, thanks, man, I appreciate the offer. Yep, I did the debloat version. Don't sweat it, however. I actually used this as my excuse to finally upgrade to "enhanced email", a sort of souped-up version of the exchange client. it was $10, but I have been eyeballing it anyway, and have recommended it to clients who needed advanced features like folder sorting and that sort of thing that the default program didn't have.

Thanks again for the friendly response and the instructions to include this next time, hopefully it helps someone else out.

Nice work on your release, by the way, it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. It runs wicked-fast, and has been very stable so far (going on 24-hours since I first flashed it)

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I really appreciate that man, I'm glad that my work is appreciated :) Just remember that Baked_Tator helped me alot, so let's make sure he see some of this good lovin!!

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
"jpaulwaite said:
I've already got the link up to the theme without oc glow. Were you planning on making your own? That would be pretty cool.
Yeah. Gonna port pdiddy over. Got it mostly working on h57 but had some issues that I am hoping to avoid with your rom. We'll see.

61 - 80 of 116 Posts