Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
akellar said:
Yeah. Gonna port pdiddy over. Got it mostly working on h57 but had some issues that I am hoping to avoid with your rom. We'll see.
more than likely, all issuse will be the same sir....you just gotta love on it slowly, and maybe even give it a reacharound...then it should port right

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
what issues exactly are you talkin about akellar?

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
"jpaulwaite said:
what issues exactly are you talkin about akellar?
It was something I didn't have setup right, nothing with the roms. I was mainly just talking about the overscroll issues. Just trying to make it as easy as possible the first time.

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
Ok here is an odd issue for ya!

I can repeat this even when going back to stock clearing out and going to either yours, tators or phildts EH09 rom.

Try this.
1) Go to google maps
2) press the compass icon in the top right.
3) using 2 fingers slide down so its in 3d mode.
4) use two fingers to turn it in 3D mode (rotate both fingers in a clockwise or anticlockwise motion) this should rotate the map.

Every time I do this the touch screen craps out and you can no longer use it. The buttons at the bottom are fine but you have to pull the battery to reboot and get it working again. I will try it on a stock EH09 in the store tomorrow.. Just let me know if you can repeat it.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
all I have to do is lock, then unlock the screen. Thats the loss of screen response I was talking about, but yes, I get the same issues trying to rotate the map. Now, that being said, if you're getting that issue across three roms, then it sounds like it's an app issue.

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
"jpaulwaite said:
all I have to do is lock, then unlock the screen. Thats the loss of screen response I was talking about, but yes, I get the same issues trying to rotate the map. Now, that being said, if you're getting that issue across three roms, then it sounds like it's an app issue.
Yah you are right. Locking and unlocking does bring it back. I will try google maps on a stock flashed rom tomorrow at work and see if I can get it to happen on that. If it does then I would think its a bug in the underlying stock ROM. I know this version if google maps works just fine on froyo and other phones.. Will report on it tomorrow as I really don't feel like going back to stock and stetting it all up again.. Im trying to chat women up here txting. Lol

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
Ok I have tried it on a Stock Phone with Ginger Minger on it...

Google Maps still will not do the rotate thing (very unresponsive) but it does NOT lock the touchscreen up. So its def a bug in Google maps that the screen doesn't rotate (works just fine on an LG Android right next to it - Same version of the App). However as the stock doesn't lose responsiveness must be something going on with rooting it???

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
it took me a few tries to lock the screen on mine. Hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Probably....but why? cwm4 is out and works much better...

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Cythrawl said:
Ok here is an odd issue for ya!

I can repeat this even when going back to stock clearing out and going to either yours, tators or phildts EH09 rom.

Try this.
1) Go to google maps
2) press the compass icon in the top right.
3) using 2 fingers slide down so its in 3d mode.
4) use two fingers to turn it in 3D mode (rotate both fingers in a clockwise or anticlockwise motion) this should rotate the map.

Every time I do this the touch screen craps out and you can no longer use it. The buttons at the bottom are fine but you have to pull the battery to reboot and get it working again. I will try it on a stock EH09 in the store tomorrow.. Just let me know if you can repeat it.
It looked like to me anyway that the touchscreen becoming unresponsive is an issue with stock eh09. When I flashed stock it would do that to me while playing games as well and had to lock and unlock the screen to get it to work. Anybody else have the same problem?

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
jpaulwaite said:
Bump....hahahaha
Geez, why don't you actually add something to your rom instead of just bumping the thread?

/me trolling down the river... :wink2:

Edit: Damn Zarnax ninja'd me lol

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
"akellar said:
Geez, why don't you actually add something to your rom instead of just bumping the thread?

/me trolling down the river... :wink2:

Edit: Damn Zarnax ninja'd me lol
I are uber ninja

·
Supporting Member
81 Posts
jpaulwaite said:
Probably....but why? cwm4 is out and works much better...
When I make a backup on cwm4 and try to restore it, nothing happens. Also as the backup is being made there is no activity being shown as it does it. I'm not sure why but on my phone cwm4 doesn't work. The backup dates are in the year 2000 too.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts