Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Try to Keep UP
330 Posts
I have never done any of the fixes you posted and this ROM is running great. Yes, disable lagfix, wipe, flash....wait for ever after the initial boot animation and enjoy.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
ACLakey said:
I have never done any of the fixes you posted and this ROM is running great. Yes, disable lagfix, wipe, flash....wait for ever after the initial boot animation and enjoy.
Thanks. Does this include kernel? I checked and I don't think it does, so after I flash this I can turn lagfix back on correct?

·
Try to Keep UP
330 Posts
Correct. I would flash, boot then go into recovery and enable lagfix...that way if you have an issue you can eliminate one step at a time.

·
Average Android
94 Posts
"TW 4.5 themeable" where can these themes be obtained? How is it any different than what was previously on GB or is it the same?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
jburner said:
"TW 4.5 themeable" where can these themes be obtained? How is it any different than what was previously on GB or is it the same?
Yeah, the launcher can be themed separately from the rom. I don't where exactly you can find them, if any. But if you check the link I have in the op, the op from it has an outline for creating/modding the launcher. It looks relatively simple from what I read. Also grab The TW4Manager.apk (I forgot to add it and I'm not gonna make a flashable package for it because that would be RIDICULOUS.)

Also, keep in mind that this is just Heinz57 with some added goodies. All performance/activity related stuff is credited to dfgas and TeamHeinz.

But anyway, I'm glad you guys are happy nonetheless. Make sure to explore the Touchscreen Booster app as well as the Minfree manager app.

Some Suggested Settings:
SGS Touchscreen Booster - (from top to bottom) 26 - 1 - 0 - 25 - 5. Make sure to hit menu and start service
Minfrees - (from top to bottom) 10 - 24 - 46 - 60 - 75 - 100

And run linpack on single thread at least 5 times to get an accurate benchmark level.

·
Android Lover
150 Posts
My first issue was today. Don't know of its rom related but was browsing facebook and got a white screen then got stuck in a boot animation loop. Battery pull fixed it for now. Also upon reboot none of the widgets loaded. All failed. Thought I would mention it.

·
Supporting Member
64 Posts
Been running on CS Showcase for little of 24 hours. Only problem I have had is (lengthy) sms message failed. Not sure of total characters. I doubt it is ROM related. Great speed,functionality, and battery life thus far! Thanks for all you guys hard work!!

·
Average Android
310 Posts
still getting the random phone reboots as well. It seems like something is not talking right or like something gets bogged down and then a reboot situation happens. I dont seem to have any other issues as all seems to be running fine for the most part. I dont think it is in any of the recent changes as this has been happening from the beginning. Still the most stable ROM and kernel in my opinion for functionality and features.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Random reboots could be a non-stock kernel issue, but apparently the issue has been raised with dfgas. With a new version release tator hopes to see this issue fixed.

·
Average Android
310 Posts
jpaulwaite said:
Random reboots could be a non-stock kernel issue, but apparently the issue has been raised with dfgas. With a new version release tator hopes to see this issue fixed.
This seems to have been happening since before the release of the voodoo kernel though unfortunately. hopefully they are able to iron this one issue out in the next release. i would still rather have the rom with a bug then no rom at all.

·
Supporting Member
65 Posts
for the record, i havent had an issue with this at all, running the voodoo kernel, h57 v.0.9 or the h57 community choice.

·
Android Beginner
24 Posts
I have to give a shout out to all that replied in the post that you had for suggestions.
To that time I had been sold on LauncherPro for the soul reason of its widgets, in particular the Facebook and Twitter combined.
I am so glad you choose the Go Launcher as I am now a convert. It is what I was looking for with the widgets and more in the fact that it does each separate.
Not sure where here would be the place to start a thread but am really interested in what the most used apps are but the members out here.

Great Work and thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
59 Posts
For those wanting to change your bootanimation. I would recommend the app Absolute System. This is loaded with bootanimations and will install out for you as well. Just set up the install options for /system/media/sanim.zip!

Maybe this app can be added to the next update.

·
Average Android
310 Posts
Absolute system does work great. Is there a system value that we can change so we can see the full boot animation follow through or do we need to find one that times correctly

21 - 40 of 49 Posts