Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 377 Posts

· Android Apprentice
30 Posts
jpaulwaite said:
Read our thread please. The questions you are asking have already been answered. Check repartition in odin when flashing stock Rom. Then uncheck repartition. Then flash cwm4. Then reboot into recovery mode, do a factory wipe, then flash Heinz.

If that doesnt work, check with walmart for a 22 oz. hammer.

Tator, I can confirm no gps on mes.

Country_Gravy, try the above process and don't flash gapps anymore. You don't need them as this is not aosp.
Those are the steps that I have been following. Guess it is time to buy a hammer. So weird that the market is missing.

· Android Apprentice
31 Posts
This is what I did Country...cause I was having the same issue.

1. Flash the Official EH09 using Odin (check repartition)
2. put this rom on SD card (if not already there)
3. Uncheck repartition and flash CWM 4 (can be found in the forms on this site, sorry I dont have a direct link)
4. boot up phone (i do this just to be safe)
5. turn off phone and reboot into recovery using 3 button method.
6. Wipe data/factory resent, then wipe cache, then wipe D-cache (d-cache is under advanced in CWM4)
7. Install from SD card this Rom.
8. Boot up phone and you should be good to go

Note* Be patient when you see the Samsung screen...at first I didn't think it worked, but I let it sit for a little bit and it booted up just fine.
another note* when I installed other ROMS they automatically reset my phone and booted. This one did not...so install then hit *reboot system* in CWM 4.

Hope that helps.

· Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Yeah...That is what I have been doing. I had the wrong file. Maybe the wrong link was posted when I downloaded or something. It is now working fine except for the GPS which seems to be a problem for everyone. Otherwise I like the ROM. I wish that the theme didn't make the buttons so hard to read.

· Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
jpaulwaite said:
Read our thread please. The questions you are asking have already been answered. Check repartition in odin when flashing stock Rom. Then uncheck repartition. Then flash cwm4. Then reboot into recovery mode, do a factory wipe, then flash Heinz.

If that doesnt work, check with walmart for a 22 oz. hammer.

Tator, I can confirm no gps on mes.

Country_Gravy, try the above process and don't flash gapps anymore. You don't need them as this is not aosp.
well thats gay...this is a stock uscc ROM...so its something they screwed up i think...ill look into it though sir

· Premium Member
575 Posts
jsnines said:
This is what I did Country...cause I was having the same issue.

1. Flash the Official EH09 using Odin (check repartition)
2. put this rom on SD card (if not already there)
3. Uncheck repartition and flash CWM 4 (can be found in the forms on this site, sorry I dont have a direct link)
4. boot up phone (i do this just to be safe)
5. turn off phone and reboot into recovery using 3 button method.
6. Wipe data/factory resent, then wipe cache, then wipe D-cache (d-cache is under advanced in CWM4)
7. Install from SD card this Rom.
8. Boot up phone and you should be good to go

Note* Be patient when you see the Samsung screen...at first I didn't think it worked, but I let it sit for a little bit and it booted up just fine.
another note* when I installed other ROMS they automatically reset my phone and booted. This one did not...so install then hit *reboot system* in CWM 4.

Hope that helps.
Very Nice. This method is pretty safe and advisable. Thanks. :)

Tator - Flashing back to stock atm to check gps. Will update in twenty.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Bad news, veiled in awesomeness. I flashed stock, stepped outside and ran gps status and IMMEDIATELY got 8 locks. I was blown away. I opened maps and locked to 4 meters within 30 seconds. Suffice to say sammy got it right this time. :( Back to the drawing board , good buddy.

· Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
jpaulwaite said:
Bad news, veiled in awesomeness. I flashed stock, stepped outside and ran gps status and IMMEDIATELY got 8 locks. I was blown away. I opened maps and locked to 4 meters within 30 seconds. Suffice to say sammy got it right this time. :( Back to the drawing board , good buddy.
well poop...gotta check permissions...ill use the permissions from EC09 and see if it works

· Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
UPDATED OP with gps FIX!!!!!

Reactions: dukefan71

· Android Beginner
8 Posts
The official USCC version is out, EH17. Where is CWM4 located so i can flash it. I love H57 froyo. What do I need to do to go to H57 Gingerbread? Thanks for all your help everyone. Just want to be sure before I do something wrong.

41 - 60 of 377 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.