: Other (See Description)
: 4.0.4 (ICS)
DRAGONZKILLER PROUDLY PRESENTS:CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-DROIDX2-ALPHA3
Keep in mind this is EXTREMELY ALPHA
PICS WILL BE ADDED LATER WHEN I'M NOT LAZY
For a list of features added to ICS please go to the Android website: http://www.android.c...cream-sandwich/
As this is still relatively new to CyanogenMod, very few features have been added on top of this and I won't create a features list until CM9 is "CM9" and not a hacked up ROM.
Also, as this is still super alpha, some of the features listed are not fully functional on the X2 yet.
- Data/3G (see known issues)
- *Maybe* tethering, but I doubt it (turns on, but haven't tested)
- HQ and LQ Youtube (used to be a problem)
- And a lot of little things
Besides a whole lot more of a lot of little things:
- ***NEW*** Google Play installs larger apps to the SD card on installation. After a reboot these no longer appear in the apps drawer. A workaround is to install the app, go to "Settings > Apps" and click on the app. Once there click "Move to phone" and you're app should remain persistent across reboots.
- Camera doesn't work: there is a fix for this for Tegra devices, but it's not working for us yet
- MMS rarely works: this probably has to do with how data works with the phone and how i had to "hack" the data to get it to work.
- Graphics memory sometimes runs out: as we are on less RAM the memory management is a bit whack. Sometimes while rotating an app (noticeably the browser) it will "twitch" and crash. Also systemserver (the main background service) will crash and Android will restart (rarely).
- Data usage doesn't work: this requires kernel mods which I haven't worked out yet (but started on as I have one of them in the build)
- Chrome beta doesn't work: it also requires kernel mods which I haven't messed with yet.
This can be installed over CM7 or BLUR but you MUST
wipe data and cache. Also do NOT (I repeat) do NOT use TiBu to backup data from CM7/BLUR. I don't want to hear about how that doesn't work.
- Download the links provided below
- Install the BSR (patched if on CM7)
- NANDROID <--- you'll probably want to go back to this
- Install the CM9 zip from the SD Card
- Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
- Wipe both DATA and CACHE (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
REQUIRED Google Apps (GAPPS): http://goo-inside.me/google-apps
. Download the latest version of them for here and check the MD5 sums from there also.
CyanogenMod 9.0.0 RC0 Daytona Alpha 3: http://www.mediafire...77iy4f7rlr0036m
MD5 sum: ce776352f481c8be67296ac3e09abe77
Also, if you would like (but not needed) to donate, see the donate button by my name. Gas/food money goes a long way
Alpha 3 (first public release):
Minor stability update
Few CM9 features added
Graphics capabilities updated
Added pictures to MMS.apk's notifications (now officially in CM9, AOKP, and Codenamed: Android) Yay me!
First boot into ICS/CM9