Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
AOKP for the HP Touchpad *DATA MEDIA BUILD*

if you are unaware on the differences between data media and non, please refer to rolands post here :

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/40107-rom-guide-how-to-updateinstall-android-42-43-and-442-builds-on-the-hp-touchpad/?p=1130049

we now have internal sdcard support and [email protected]#

what works:

it boots!

rom control works fine

wifi works!!

sdcard [email protected]

what doesnt work:

you tell me :)

big thank to jcsullins and milaq who both have helped me more than they know getting this ported, i am forever greatful

downloads:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/umd7p7ukm7ufs2m/aokp_tenderloin_sixohtew_kitkat_unofficial_2014-04-09.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5cq4sjwabbebchp/aokp_tenderloin_kitkat_unofficial_2014-04-22.zip

gapps:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23311191640114013

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
updated op. we now have wifi working perfectly! still no sdcard support but thats the last bit from making this rom stable-ish... if any developers could point me in the right direction to get the sdcard mounted thatd be amazing!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated op with fully functional AOKP ROM and gapps, now is just small cherrypicks

Sent from my LG-VS980 using RootzWiki mobile app

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it flashed just fine with clockworkmod, and until i make some changes, youll have to delete uImage.CyanogenMod in the /boot folder. you dont have to as it will still boot, just with your previous cyanogenmod kernel which can cause some problems sometimes

Reactions: nickster1604

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should make a thread on XDA so More people see the rom.
I don't have the ability to post links or even in the dev build area. If someone wants to do it for me just link it back here or give credit

Reactions: nickster1604

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: RolandDeschain79

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
83 downloads so far.. lets see how many downloads this can get!
Nice work I'll have to give this rom a try. I'll add it to my Android 4.4.2 data media builds post so more people will have a chance to try it out and leave you feedback.

Edit: I've added links to your build in my threads, keep on bringing AOKP back to the HP TouchPad :cool: .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice work I'll have to give this rom a try. I'll add it to my Android 4.4.2 data media builds post so more people will have a chance to try it out and leave you feedback.

Edit: I've added links to your build in my threads, keep on bringing AOKP back to the HP TouchPad :cool: .
Perfect! That's even better than me making a thread.

·
Registered
373 Posts

NICE! im updating the op with a fresh build. aokp has broken bluetooth right now so hopefully soon ill have that perfectly working again

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
new build posted with hopefully working bluetooth. as i said before my bluetooth speaker is broken, but the tablet does see it and can connect to it, i just need someone to test it and see if it is fully functional

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of things I found I had trouble playing video's on youtube and using Plex. I had to go into developer settings and change it to force gpu rendering then it worked fine. Great rom just putting it on my other touchpad.

Craig

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A couple of things I found I had trouble playing video's on youtube and using Plex. I had to go into developer settings and change it to force gpu rendering then it worked fine. Great rom just putting it on my other touchpad.

Craig
what kind of trouble were you having with YouTube, it works perfectly for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've tried to put this on my touchpad but each time clockword mod rejects it and returns with a status 7 error and aborts the installation. Tried it with twrp too and it fails instantly. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix it? Thanks :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is a data/media build. EXACTLY which recovery are you using and did you set up your partitions correctly using ACMEinstaller5 and resize the /data partition first?

See RolandDeschain79's 4.4 KK thread (or mine) for more info if you aren't already familiar with DM builds.

Sent from my "Up All Night Sleep All Day" Nexus 5!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.