Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.1 (JB)

Source::
Jelly Bean
Tablet Edition

Now that Jelly Bean source has been released to the masses and Hashcode has worked his magic on the hardware I figured it was time to get started on some fixes and customizations to this bad boy. So here is the beginning of a whole new ROM.

What's Included
Version 1.7.2
  • Added back ability to kill apps by long pressing the back button (GoodieBag -> Buttons)
  • Added display of used/free memory when showing recent apps list
  • Minor tweaks under the hood and cleaning up old/unused code
Version 1.7.1
  • Added the Goodie Bag for custom ROM settings such as the UI type and other goodies yet to come
  • Added quick access to Themes and the Goodie Bag from the main Settings
  • Added battery indicator next to clock on Quicknav panel
  • Added Battery bar option for displaying a bar where the length indicates the battery level
  • Added Battery percentage option to display battery % on top of battery icon
Version 1.7.0
  • T-Mobile theme engine support added
Version 1.6.3
  • Added notifications count to Quicknav notifications button
  • Added clock to center of Quicknav for quick access to the time
  • Changed colors to reflect the holo theme of ICS/JB
  • Fixed touch input going out of sync when changing Status bar UI type
Version 1.6.2
  • Added quick access to volume and brightness in Quicknav tablet status bar V2
  • Added customization options for Quicknav tablet status bar
  • Fixed rotation of recent apps screenshots
Version 1.6
  • Added Status bar UI type to UI settings
  • Added the new Quicknav tablet status bar (you saw it here first!)
  • Removed unnecessary debugging information
Version 1.5.1
  • Added UI Settings
  • Added collapsible tablet status bar
  • Auto-hide option, with 2,5,10,30, and 60 second timeout values, for collapsible tablet status bar
  • Removed option to hide tablet status bar, use collapsible status bar option instead.
Version 1.4
  • USB mass storage fully operational with status bar notifications for mounting
  • Added screenshot option to Power menu (long press power button)
  • Added option to Power menu to hide/show navbar in tablet mode (long press power button)
  • Temporary fix for apps that use network location and were getting an exception causing FCs (Google Earth, etc)
Version 1.3
  • Added USB mass storage activity to apps list for temporary fix to mounting device to a PC
  • Fixed issue where normal reboot would still reboot into recovery mode
Version 1.2
  • HW Codecs thanks to Hashcode
  • Reboot options in power menu
Version 1.1
  • Added setting to force the phone UI mode (Settings -> Display -> Force phone UI)
  • Added a toggle switch to the WiFi setting in the tablet status bar
  • Removed the Airplane mode toggle since we don't need it
  • Fixed the screen rotation bug
Version 1.0
  • Superuser.apk and su binary
  • Busybox
  • Execution of init.d scripts
  • Tablet UI (instead of that nasty phone UI)
  • Volume slider in the tablet status bar panel
  • Trebuchet launcher with dual docks and settings button
  • Wifi works out of the box without needing to manually run fix-mac.sh now
  • So much butter even Paula Deen wouldn't know what to do

What doesn't work
  • Charging LED works some of the time
  • Charging indicator icon in status bar
  • Erectile dysfunction
  • I'm sure there is more but for now this is a damn good start for us Kindle Fire owners

Flashing
Coming from a different ROM
  1. Factory Reset / Wipe data
  2. Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache
  3. Flash Jandycane ROM
  4. Flash GApps
  5. Reboot and Enjoy
Upgrading from a previous version
  1. Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache
  2. Flash Jandycane ROM
  3. Flash GApps
  4. Reboot and Enjoy

Downloads
ROM
Version 1.7.2
Version 1.7.1
Version 1.7.0
Version 1.6.3
Version 1.6.2
Version 1.6
Version 1.5.1
Version 1.4
Version 1.3
Version 1.2
Version 1.1
Version 1.0
GApps
JB gapps

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks great so far with only two small issues. Superuser kept asking to allow/deny root for every app, every time even when I told it to remember my choice but I got around that by simply installing SuperSU instead. Google Search is also crashing every time I try to open it. Neither of these are very big issues but just reporting them in in case they weren't ready known issues.

·
Registered
132 Posts
once google search starts crashing it's a PITA, so go to settings-->apps and clear it's cache/data, when you go back to it, make sure you select to *NOT* use google now and it'll stop fc'ing and keep the old version

·
Registered
31 Posts
once google search starts crashing it's a PITA, so go to settings-->apps and clear it's cache/data, when you go back to it, make sure you select to *NOT* use google now and it'll stop fc'ing and keep the old version
Thanks for the tip; it worked like a charm. Now hopefully someone'll figure out how to get Google Now to work.

·
Just Doing My Best To Help
215 Posts
All in all this runs extremely smooth though. A great start. Thanks for this.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
85 Posts
Amazing ROM. Thank you. Also, on version 1.2 if you have problems with Amazon appstore just uninstall with ROM toolbox or similar app and reinstall as it is a system app which gave me problems. Awesome work on this!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Average Android
73 Posts
I got my Kindle rooted, and installed this rom, but now I am stuck on the boot animation with the triangles and it doesn't seem to go passed it.
When it boots, my PC makes the USB sound and detects that I have an android plugged in but I can't get ADB to connect either.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
This ROM feels more stable than AOKP with ICS 4.0.4! Plus it has all the features of Jelly Bean. I have not found any issues except Jelly Bean is not being as "buttery" as a thought but the new animations make up for that. I am glad that this is using the Tablet UI and still includes the volume slider. All apps seem to work fine and orientation changes are perfect and fast! The USB Storage app makes adding files to my Kindle Fire easier but I grew used to AirDroid since USB Storage mounting was not working with AOKP. It seems Jelly Bean fixed all of my problems! The only thing I miss from AOKP is ROM Control since I could change the way the OS looked.

·
Village Idiot
71 Posts
I made a video highlighting the important features of this ROM
Nice little video there. Thanks for taking the time to throw that together.

Now for some good news. I updated the ROM to version 1.4 today which includes a lot fixes and some nice additions. USB mass storage now shows up in the notifications when plugged in so no need for the band aid manual mounting I implemented. I've also added a screenshot option in the Power menu as well as the ability to hide the tablet status bar when from the same menu with controls on there if need be. I hope you enjoy it and stick around for what's still to come.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you! I rooted my KF this am and flashed 1.5 from Goo. So far I'm loving it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
22 Posts
V 1.5.1 has issues. Toast messages appear when I have to use the keyboard saying Navigation icons hints =8 and then =0 when I don't need the keyboard.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts