Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Supporting Member
170 Posts
"jpaulwaite said:
I too have noticed an overall lack of love for our phones, despite all the hard work and effort jt and alot of other have put forth, from an . CM7 hasn't even gotten us one nightly, and they have been forked for about 2 weeks now, so they're still on my "F-U" list. It would be nice to see the OP of this thread actually interacting in our forum, instead of mass posting threads for a bunch of devices their group intends to crap on.
I think most of this comes from being on a smaller carrier I have thought about going to varizon or AT&T a few times myself. But they seem to be starting to get very greedy on the data plans and I don't travel much so I stay here. I'm just very thankful I have 4 ASOP ROMs to choose from and I still get more updates than if I was on stock ROM. Self teaching myself ROM building and themeing seems to be a slow process. Getting somewhere slowly though. IMHP

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
mod57 said:
OP should say Occasionallys instead of Nightlys.
I can do neverlies if you'd prefer that. Be happy with what you got rather than *****ing that we don't do enough.

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts
Please remember that these guys do this for FREE. They don't get paid thousands of dollars and are stalling on updates because they are on their yacht in the Mediterranean throwing money to dolphins.

The T3hh4xx0r team has all of their source available on github. Building it and compiling it every night for your own personal use shouldn't be too difficult (and it might be fun too!)

Please remember to take the thoughts and lives of others into consideration before you post.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
birdman said:
Please remember that these guys do this for FREE. They don't get paid thousands of dollars and are stalling on updates because they are on their yacht in the Mediterranean throwing money to dolphins.

The T3hh4xx0r team has all of their source available on github. Building it and compiling it every night for your own personal use shouldn't be too difficult (and it might be fun too!)

Please remember to take the thoughts and lives of others into consideration before you post.
They even give you a tutorial explaining how you can build the source!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
"r2doesinc said:
I can do neverlies if you'd prefer that. Be happy with what you got rather than *****ing that we don't do enough.
Hey now it's not that we aren't happy, well at least I'm happy with what you have done, we are just wondering what's going with our builds. I know personally I check this nightly hoping for an update because this is my favorite and best running rom! And I was actually gonna try to build one myself this weekend. Just bought a house and haven't had time to yet.
Look I get that we are a baby carrier and you have bigger fish to fry. Its awesome that you build for us, but we just wanna know what's going on that's all. I would assume r2 that you have been around this block enough to know that once you give something to people they only want more and they want it now.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I understand that. The reason I wasn't replying here was that I hadn't subscribes to this thread and wasn't getting alerts. I just noticed on the last build that the mez aand showcase builds were failing, but I've been busy and haven't been able to look into why.

I don't mind people asking questions, but the other guys were more than a bit rude about it. Ask like you did and you'll get a kind answer.

You get what you give :)

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You didn't read my message above did you. Lol

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
"jpaulwaite said:
And by interacting, sir, I meant accepting our feedback and giving some yourself. I personally think omfgb to be a pretty standard rom, and I don't run it, but I personally don't tolerate prima donna developers. I hope I was obvious enough about this being my personal opinion so that my comments don't affect the community adversely. I'm very adamant about donating to developers and websites that I feel deserve my money. Ask a dev for the mes/showcase. They've gotten money from me, as well as rootzwiki, because I believe in reimbursing people for their hard work and continued support of open source projects. Are you too good to come in here and bless us with your presence, other than to be a douche? Gee, I can't wait to flash your rom... Guess I'll continue to fund the people who make your lackluster roms available to us, cause you sure haven't done us any favors. jt1134 made this work possible on our phone and got us forked in, and you feel like you're doing us a favor by running a bot OCCASIONALLY for us? Piss off, diva.
Haha everyone hates prima donnas bud but these guys never asked for anything and were not aware what was happening. I hope you feel better because that was a pretty good rant I'll give you that!

Hey r2 is the godmode app gonna work for us? For the addons and nightlies part I mean the other stuff works fine. Just wondering

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
"droidzach said:
Haha everyone hates prima donnas bud but these guys never asked for anything and were not aware what was happening. I hope you feel better because that was a pretty good rant I'll give you that!

Hey r2 is the godmode app gonna work for us? For the addons and nightlies part I mean the other stuff works fine. Just wondering
I've gotta look into what the issue is with it. I know what the problem is, but not why its occurring.

I spent the day with my little sister today so I havent done any work yet. Im also exhausted from chasing around an 8 year old all day lol so I can't promise ill get to it tonight.

Another note to the guy losing his shit above me, im one of the nicest and most involved devs in the community. Ask around.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Thanks for the update, and I'm glad your such a nice and involved devastating. Haha Just don't devastate my community I just bought a house and have enough work to do already haha

Dang you fixed the auto corrected devastating to dev ....

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Well **** me with a spoon and call me Shirley. I humbly apologize, r2doesinc, for accusing you of being an absentee prima donna. Apparently I need to learn to use the refresh button before I open my big ass mouth. That being said, it's about time you showed up, damnit.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
droidzach said:
Thanks for the update, and I'm glad your such a nice and involved devastating. Haha Just don't devastate my community I just bought a house and have enough work to do already haha

Dang you fixed the auto corrected devastating to dev ....
like how i did that without telling you? classic FB status-bomb tactic :p

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
Hey thanks for the update today. I would rather have the problems fixed the get an update that make more problems. Very excited about what new features are coming. You can't tell by the posts but I know alot of people around Joplin Mo and Kansas all think your Rom is one of the best. Very Stable.

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
do we need to install a custom kernel or do any data wipes to install this ROM? or can i just flash it via clockworkmod?

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
r2doesinc said:
I understand that. The reason I wasn't replying here was that I hadn't subscribes to this thread and wasn't getting alerts. I just noticed on the last build that the mez aand showcase builds were failing, but I've been busy and haven't been able to look into why.

I don't mind people asking questions, but the other guys were more than a bit rude about it. Ask like you did and you'll get a kind answer.

You get what you give :)
Thank you for the info, I hope you are getting notifications now.. Just that explanation alone a good number of days ago would have staved off some of the more venomous comments.. Y know the internet behind the facade of an avatar on a forum, people like a good RAGE over anything. Meet them in person and they are probably the meekest person you will ever meet. The Internet for all its great things, makes the human race become a sea of assholes in even the slightest circumstance..

:)

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Also makes for very easy misunderstandings. :)

21 - 40 of 145 Posts