Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
First i'd like to say thanks for the great work (if i'm allowed to...). Then just a report on the install, no help needed.

I installed the 8-21 build. Works great, everything I tried, except the brightness settings don't work properly. It's on close to 100%, or if you start the camera app, it drops to a low level. Adjusting the settings does basically nothing. A reboot will have it at either of those two levels.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
jpaulwaite said:
jt's vanilla gb kernel should work on this rom. Try flashing it and see if it helps your issues.
I figured that's what it was. I was going to do it manually, but I had already installed ROM Manager, jt's v3 kernel was in there. Selected it, downloaded, rebooted automatically, flashed automatically, booted, now I can adjust the brightness manually, works fine. Didn't try auto yet for any time (hated it on stock anyway), it was on that, but very dim.

Didn't try anything else much yet, wifi works though, etc. I don't have cell service to check that.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Loving the ROM, just noticed I'm the first to mention this: mobile data on/off needs to be added to the power control widget. Us showcase users have no other way to turn it on/off unless we go into mobile network settings, which sends us into roaming (everyone knows that by now ha).

Thanks r2 for this badass ROM.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
In all fairness guys...try to be a bit more self-reliant before you post things. Power-widgets? C'mon.

My Golden Rule: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If you can't figure out if this statement applies to you or not, it probably does. Please leave useful feedback this is relative to rom advancement.

And for joe pesci's sake, try to use those deductive reasoning powers first. Explore the rom.
Ska-DOUCHE.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
droidzach said:
You need to go into God mode app and add the other ones....under status bar settings......
i made it even easier than that...long press the icon in the status bar that hides/shows the toggles ;)

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
Johnv said:
Running build 22. Brightness not working. 23 build will not install. Aborts every time .
If its a mesmerize you are flashing, look at the file size from 22 to 23... 22 is 89mb, 23 is 2.1mb... Methinks something went wrong with the build. And that would be why.

61 - 80 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.