Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1154 Posts

·
MILF
678 Posts
Now that ICS source is available, it's time to get to work

Please find below a link to an Extreme ALPHALULZ AOSP ICS build for the Samsung Fascinate. It's built entirely from AOSP/Samsung source code and Samsung binaries. Nothing from the SDK in here
Don't expect things to work, and don't PM me or something if they don't, I'm observant enough to know what's wrong

Thanks to syndtr for some kernel patches and other files that made some of this much easier.

What works:
Radio (Calls / 3G / SMS/MMS)
WiFi
BT
Camera
Orientation sensors
GPS
capacitive buttons
sdcard

What doesn't work:
camcorder
USB mass storage
device encryption (fixed in upcoming build)

This is an MTD based build, however I have redone the MTD partition layout to have a larger system partition. Because of this, even if you are on an MTD ROM, flash back to a BML ROM using Odin/Heimdall before flashing, AND afterwards, when switching to another ROM. REGARDLESS of what ROM you are going back to, unless you are flashing from a previous version of my ICS ROMs.

ICS Google apps are packaged with the ROM, so you can kinda play around with it. It's still just an experimental build, so don't be surprised if things don't work.

http://k.22aaf3.com/...nate-1116-2.zip <- original release (deprecated)

*** Update 11/18 ***
Fixed 3G

Fixed GPS
Fixed MMS
Fixed Market downloads (won't work until *after* the Market updates itself)
Fixed LED notifications
Fixed screen brightness
Disabled StrictMode (fixes weird red borders popping up all the time)
It's my Daily Driver now

http://k.22aaf3.com/...-ICS-1118-5.zip <- v2 ROM

*** Update 11/28 ***
fixed Camera
enabled HW accel
fixed video playback
fixed Superuser
stable wifi
USB fixes for MTP/Camera mode
fixed 3g/wifi signal bars
fixed data usage tracker
fixed a2dp
updated Google apps (should fix calendar sync, youtube, dictionary, etc)
HUGE THANKS to pawitp and teamhacksung for most of these fixes!

http://k.22aaf3.com/...jt1134-1128.zip - v3 ROM

Enjoy!

·
Android Apprentice
103 Posts
Weird, you mean to say you did more in a day with source than our favorite xda clown did with the sdk bs in several eta spans??

Lulz. Keep up your awesome work, dude. I'll be bug reporting for you once you get 3G up and running.

·
Gureaux...
786 Posts
Weird, you mean to say you did more in a day with source than our favorite xda clown did with the sdk bs in several eta spans??

Lulz. Keep up your awesome work, dude. I'll be bug reporting for you once you get 3G up and running.
Haha... no doubt! That XDA Clown is a straight up retard.

Thanks JT! You da man!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hmm.....interesting. But no thanks, I'll wait for Enyo. I prefer a two finger touchscreen, and I assume this only uses one finger.

meh

·
Android Junky
121 Posts
*drool* until it's fully functional I'm gonna have to stick with your vanilla gb. But sob dude, you're awesome

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
nuclearemp said:
am I missing what is different from Syndtr's?

other that source/sdk??
Yes.

Reactions: vegabraxus

·
Android Themer
544 Posts
Haha... awesome! I just setup picking up a fascinate to use as my primary phone so I continue wotk on the bionic.... flasging from rom to rom on my primary phone to keep the themes updated to each rom is getting old

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
213 Posts
Umm.......why is there no credit given to Enyo in the OP?

meh
credit should go to syndtr not Enyo, as enyo "is" working on it he pretty much built his recent rom from Syndtrs

The SDK version had graphics drivers working (not sure if it was best possible but working) wifi, sd, partial phone, audio, touch, sensors ( scratch my head if all sensors worked though)

Source AOSP rom has almost the same items in the "NOT WORKING" section, so what is different?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
credit should go to syndtr not Enyo, as enyo "is" working on it he pretty much built his recent rom from Syndtrs
Someone forgot their sarcasm glasses today

Why are you hung up on knowing what is different? It's an ics rom not built from the sdk files but using the actual source. Give him some more time and you'll see what ends up being different.

good day.

·
He&#39;s not Irish, he&#39;s not English
143 Posts
Man--I gotta Say I'm excited to see this develop, keep up the great work

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
nuclearemp said:
explaine
I think it would be more like a car to a car.

The SDK version had graphics drivers working (not sure if it was best possible but working) wifi, sd, partial phone, audio, touch, sensors ( scratch my head if all sensors worked though)

Source AOSP rom has almost the same items in the "NOT WORKING" section, so what is different?
Building from source is VERY different then hacking at an SDK build.

·
Android Beginner
59 Posts
What are you guys talking about?? The radii works for phone calls! That's all it took for me to use cm7 as a daily driver. Lol. Also, cm9? Any word?

1 - 20 of 1154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.