Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Have had this on XDA for a while but thought I would post it here as well.

Started working on a ROM based off of Pete's BB 4.0.3

I have added some custom features and am in the process of completely changing the theme and color layouts. I have also made a few other tweaks and added a few apps such as Koush's tether to the build.

Color changes are not complete and there are some areas where the ICS Blue is still coming through and has not been changed. Once I have all of the changes I will be looking to add a theme changer. The latest version of this WIP ROM can be found at the link below.

I want to make sure and say it again this started with many of Pete's Repos and a huge shout out to him for making BB. I am just adding to it and making some other changes as I go for things that myself and a few friends wanted that BB didn't have. Pete's base was a great kick start and allowed me to skip a lot of steps. If my ROM is a little too much after I add things please try his builds they really are smooth.

http://goo.gl/Wv9At

Install with ROM Manager, wipe data cache and dalvik. Any new versions should only require a dalvik wipe.

Update Notes:
V3.0 - 3/23/2012
Notification toggles are live
Changed MMS app and Icon to a color more in line with the ROM
Application updates such as books and market
LTE and 2G Toggle support in Phone App
Mark all as read added to email
Browser home button added and bookmarks added to menu
Improvements to help booting times

V1.0 - 2/3/2012
Faster Boot Times
Better MKV Playback
Included 4.0.4 Proprietaries
Apps Updates

V0.9 - 1/26/2012
Finished settings package color changes. Starting work on next package.
Started working through Original NS build to verify color and compatibility.

V0.8 - 1/25/2012
Contacts Changed to use new red and a few minor tweaks elsewhere.

V0.7 - 1/24/2012
A lot more of the ICS Blue has gone including most places on the launcher as well
Stock Launcher2 minor changes.

V0.6 - 1/21/2012
Started changing from ICS Blue to Red
Included Nova Launcher Beta 13 as a choice for launcher

V0.5 - 1/13/2012
Added Koush's free tether to the build
More minor color changes
Added Webkit fix from AOSP.
Fresh pull of AOSP with some minor changes.

V0.4 - 1/11/2012
Minor changes
Modified ota to change name build
Application updates (Maps and Google+)
Moved lib since it is not related to Face Lock (From Pete's changes)
180 degree hardware rotation

V0.3
Merged In new power menu and some other fixes for ICS found around github.
Wallet is working wipe Dalvik.
Started work on adding twopointtwo theme/fonts should be available within the next few builds.

V0.2
Compiled from Peter Alfonso's Repo which is a mix of AOSP and his work.
Recovery no longer replaced because of this.
Wallet has known FC issues and will be the first thing addressed in the next release.

V0.1:
Compiled using AOSP 4.0.3_r1
First build completely from source nothing added.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am working on some more changes to remove the Blue from ICS. After using CM for so long on my OG DROID I guess I am kind of sick of it. Getting it replaced with a red color but tracking all of the commits to know what needs to be included in a future update and theme changer. A lot has moved in ICS compared to where it was previously. I am always looking for feedback or any app requests that people cannot live without and getting them included.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after you get the color changed, do you have any plans to release a theme changer or a setting to change the color your self?

im currently running the 1-22-12 build and loving the customizations. keep up the good work.
Right now my Java is a little lacking but I am working towards it. I will see how many changes it really takes to get it all finished.

I have added a new build that is available with even more changes added to the colors and Icons. I have gotten rid of probably 90% of the blue in the base OS and settings/launcher. I am moving onto one of the other AOSP apps next to start work on that. Main link editing to point at new build. I have started creating copies of the files changed to allow for new themes to be added/changed in the color settings easily moving forward but at this point since I am actually changing all of the base apps it would make flashing a color change rather large. I might have to put out full builds of any new colors since you can upgrade and swap to a new version by only wiping the dalvik cache. This new build also has Nova Launcher included in it. If you do not like Nova Launcher and want to use my red customized Launcher2 feel free to remove it. I am actually thinking about removing it myself since I have so many custom changes made to Launcher2 at this point.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
http://goo.gl/eoqW2 - NS4GfICS_RC1_01-27-12.zip

This will be the final release for 4.0.3 for a little while. I have finished everything I plan to change for colors and have a consistent feel across the build. I have been using it over the weekend and wanted to make it available as an RC. There are no real changes to the code but there are more theme options and a few added apps have been updated. If everything goes well I will continue to build all of the same changes and style into the next version but may have to start some of it from scratch. Depending on how drastic the changes are for 4.0.4 I will may start a new thread and work on the ROMs as separate versions independant of each other.

I have found some other changes though that should increase boot time and will be available sometime in the next few days. This will also include all of the 4.0.4 proprietaries running in 4.0.3 as long as everything seems stable. otherwise I will revert the changes.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was able to get around to testing the newest build out over the weekend and am happy with the 4.0.4 proprietaries in 4.0.3. The latest build includes those and some changes to help increase boot time and also Maps and Music application updates. Uploading to ROM Manager now so it should be available shortly there as well.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Getting a report of android.process.acore stopping. I am looking into it. Have removed from ROM Manager in the meantime.

Update: Appears to be in the dialer since as soon as you open it the FC comes up. I am working on the Contacts and Phone app right now to clear this up. Will post back when it is ready.

Update 2: Working again I had to throw out my custom contacts app with color mods to get it to go but it is working now I will be adding them back in as soon as I can figure out what blew them up in the first place. Not sure if it's needed but I did wipe and reset to get this version working. Normally you only had to wipe dalvik.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts