Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that on some devices the kernel is not yet linaro compiled.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots:

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Download Carbon:

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features can be found on our goo.im page.

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Who is Team Carbon?

andros11

BigShotRob

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

ToxicThunder

winner00

Our next goal is to put together a build machine, and we need your help. Why do we need a server? Well, a few reasons. The first is the most obvious - we'd like to build more frequently and need the hardware to support it. That means drive space and speed. The more of each we have, the more we can say "hey let's crank out a build," and throw it up on goo so you see an update in goomanager. Right now, building is a pretty intensive all-day process. The second reason is stability. Building from a development machine means that the environment itself is less stable. This translates into, again, fewer builds and more work to make them. Faster building means we can build for more devices, too. All this free time means we can do more cool stuff. We've got a lot of great ideas coming, and every bit of time we can get to work on them means a better rom for you. If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed, works well. There seems to be a volume bug. Phone goes mute at random. Once it turned on when I toggled blue tooth on and off, other time I had to restart.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
649 Posts
Been running this beautifully for almost a week (since test build by Kejar)
Beautiful Rom. Been trying, but can't find any real issues. Ridiculously fast. I had VRALL4 when flashed. Flashed it in CWM. If you're getting an issue with this, you might want to check your MD5: ca27fb660851687fe22181981b21db4b

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure. I was running Beans town 9, so I was running whatever came with that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
477 Posts
Have heard many good things about this ROM. Curious about the battery life from current users. I'm getting phenomenal 1.5 day 4 hours screen on time atm on a TW based ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Loving the ROM so far, great work! I've been on cleanrom for a while as i like the stability and speed, this seems to very stable as well and definitely faster. I have a dumb question... What's the easiest way to use the stock touchwiz camera with an AOSP ROM? the aosp camera doesn't perform as well in my experience. I figured i'd have to pick the apk out of a touchwiz rom, just not sure what else i need to get with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
calling all galaxy note 2 veterans, my wife recently got a galaxy note 2 its stock unrooted , has been working fine for about two weeks now and now it cant send texts or make outgoing calls i have done factory reset and pulled sim and put it back together. i cant figure out whats wrong with it , please anyone if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance to any and all who will help me figure out whats wrong.

·
News Team/Moderator
882 Posts
calling all galaxy note 2 veterans, my wife recently got a galaxy note 2 its stock unrooted , has been working fine for about two weeks now and now it cant send texts or make outgoing calls i have done factory reset and pulled sim and put it back together. i cant figure out whats wrong with it , please anyone if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance to any and all who will help me figure out whats wrong.
My man, you may want to create a thread in the Note2 General forum and not just a post in a thread for Carbon under Development. It may help getting more eyes on your issue. And as far as your issue goes, if that joint is stock/unrooted -- I'd get the SIM replaced. If that doesn't work, see if you can get them to replace the phone.

·
Themer
31 Posts
Loving this ROM so far. Glad to have aosp back with all the extra customizations. My only problem so far is that I lose data every time I send a text message. This doesn't happen when receiving texts though. Not sure if this is an issue I caused or if its ROM related. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Installed this immediately on my brand spankin' new Note II. Everything is running great, except for GPS. If anyone has found a solution please let me know.

·
Registered
649 Posts
On version 1.5 now with new March 2013 gapps. Running perfectly. GPS, Wi-Fi all is good (I don't use Bluetooth but folks are mentioning that it works except for voice dialing)

Fast fast fast!

·
Android Beginner
65 Posts
Love the Rom, smooth and solid. Only question is does someone have a themeable mms apk that's compatible I could install? Black received message text is the only issue with the theme I use. Otherwise I have not a single issue :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
What kernal do I need to run this ROM?

It seems that every AOSP kernal states that it does not work for Carbon and kejar's BasicKernal's download link is down.

TIA!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts