Android OS Forum banner
381 - 400 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
For anyone interested, here's a fresh build of bb8 (testing!) straight from github:
https://www.box.com/...tg47gkgzyyt6ir7

WARNING!!!: I haven't tested it myself!
You may end up with a unusable phone - do a backup before you flash!
Official one or selfcompiled?

grtz from the crazy basterd from holland. and i love maguro roms.!!.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Official one or selfcompiled?

selfcompiled, basically raw github sync+compile.

I am simply testing the performance of my CPU + various GCC optimizations, that's the only reason I compiled this one.
If the github revision at the time of the sync was in good shape, this ROM should work OK, if however it wasn't as good it may not even boot up, so just for the EXTREMELY ambitious :).

I may do some nitpicking over the weekend to get a semi-stable ROM - if I do, I'll share it, but we'll see.

·
Themer
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
selfcompiled, basically raw github sync+compile.

I am simply testing the performance of my CPU + various GCC optimizations, that's the only reason I compiled this one.
If the github revision at the time of the sync was in good shape, this ROM should work OK, if however it wasn't as good it may not even boot up, so just for the EXTREMELY ambitious :).

I may do some nitpicking over the weekend to get a semi-stable ROM - if I do, I'll share it, but we'll see.
You mind not doing this in our official build threads please thanks. These threads are for issues not for anyone who can repo sync to post builds!

·
Android Beginner
125 Posts
I'm having a charging issue, just thought I'd throw it out there to see if it's just me.
If I change type of charger (mains, car, battery pack) it doesn't always register it unless I reboot, and some times it says it's charging even though nothing is connected, any one else?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Themer
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
I'm having a charging issue, just thought I'd throw it out there to see if it's just me.
If I change type of charger (mains, car, battery pack) it doesn't always register it unless I reboot, and some times it says it's charging even though nothing is connected, any one else?

Sounds like a possible issue with the usb micro port on your device maybe. Software shouldn't be causing this issue.

·
Android Beginner
125 Posts
Sounds like a possible issue with the usb micro port on your device maybe. Software shouldn't be causing this issue.
Yes, this is true, had a good clean out and rummage around in there and got out some good old fashioned pocket fluff.

Another question though, I've just upgraded to bb8 (thank you very much), and noticed there is "super user settings", does this mean we can get rid of supersu or super user app?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Rom is awesome! I have it up and running with AK cylon v801. Pretty damn smooth fast and lagfree

·
Themer
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Yes, this is true, had a good clean out and rummage around in there and got out some good old fashioned pocket fluff.

Another question though, I've just upgraded to bb8 (thank you very much), and noticed there is "super user settings", does this mean we can get rid of supersu or super user app?

Yes we have switched to including koush's superuser and its by far better then the others.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HI,

Flashed BB8 and new Gapps - Love the ROM. I just have a wee problem -

- When trying to enable lightflow in Accessibility the screen refreshes on touch but I cannot enable it - any ideas?

Cheers and thanks for any help,

·
Themer
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
HI,

Flashed BB8 and new Gapps - Love the ROM. I just have a wee problem -

- When trying to enable lightflow in Accessibility the screen refreshes on touch but I cannot enable it - any ideas?

Cheers and thanks for any help,

ditch liteflow and use the built in led controls in settings>display!

·
?
239 Posts
I went into accessibility through settings and then back into Lightflow - it works

would love to ditch Lightflow but it can do things like colors for different gmail accounts, no signal and most importantly low battery

I think I'll try going without it ...sure am glad to have that new superuser though

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there,

i really like this rom, but is there an option to get rid of the widgets on the lockscreen? when i don´t choose any of them there still are those empty boxes on the left and right side. they disapear after a few seconds but first you can see them
it´s just a small issue for me^^

thanks patrick

·
Themer
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
hi there,

i really like this rom, but is there an option to get rid of the widgets on the lockscreen? when i don´t choose any of them there still are those empty boxes on the left and right side. they disapear after a few seconds but first you can see them

thanks patrick
Thats not getting rid of widgets on the lockscreen thats just hiding the markers. And no we haven't implemented that like some roms.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
hi there,

thanks patrick
There is an app in the Pay Store called Lockscreen Policy that can remove the markers for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello

I'm using this rom on my Galax Nexus maguro and I am very pleased with it so far.

I noticed I could'nt send MMS, probably because there is something with the size limit of the picture (usually the app resizes my picture, it doesn't seem to do so with this rom).
So is there something I can do o be able to send MMS with the native MMS app ?

Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have some problems with my SMS/MMS reception. The notifications are erratic, sometimes I receive them immediately, sometimes I simply do not receive them (although the message appears in the app)
Any idea ?

381 - 400 of 407 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.