Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Dev and Samsung Leaker
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen I present to you, the 1st of many Team Whiskey Releases for the G2x.

Bionix, a well known ROM series on the Samsung Vibrant, created by Sombionix.
I have since moved onto a new device, bringing bout the Quality, and Speed with me. Sombionix will continue to lead the Vibrant Dev Team, while I lead the G2x Dev Team.

So, lets get started.... you are probably thinking to yourself, "what makes this ROM better than CM7, or EB?"

Well, let me tell you. We are about Speed and Quality. We dont just push out ROM after ROM, we take our time on them, nurture them, and see them grow. We thoroughly test our ROMS before we even release to our Beta Testers. We strive for perfection pretty much.

Now, though this ROM is based off the GB leak, I am taking Bionix to a whole other level starting next build. The G2x Dev Team will be a 100% AOSP base group.

Now, Onto the good stuff.

Bionix 2 - The Legacy Continues - RC1

Before you ask, No, ScreenOff ani is not added. I didnt want to enable something that is still buggy.
2.3.3 Deodexed. Based on the leak.
Black Themed
New Notification Icons
Black MMs
Black Market (taken from EB 1.02)
Spare Parts
Black Protips
Black Google Search Widget
Honey Comb Analog LockScreen Clock ported to the G2x by Krylon360 (me
)
Major Speed tweaks done to the framework
Removed all Live WallPapers
Tweaks to Browser
Modified Shutdown Animation. No more TMO. Changed to STOCK LG.
TeamWhiskey Bootanimation
Removed Startup and Shutdown sounds
Removed "Most" Bloat
Fresh New BionixInit script
GPS.conf tweaks. Now uses Google Server
/data/app now added with TiBu
Rom Manager added as a system app.
umm... I think thats it....

Screen Shots!

Things to come:
EXT4 Conversion
OC/UV Kernel
Lockscreens
Power Control within the notification bar
oh yeah, and AOSP!

INSTRUCTIONS!!!!
Wipe, Wipe, Wipe.
Exp if coming from CM7
(make a backup 1st of course)
Copy to External SD
Flash
Fix Permissions through the Advanced Menu in CWM
Reboot.
You'll see a Black Screen before the bootanimation
This is because of 2.2. display drivers not working correctly with 2.3
Will take about 5 minutes to boot the 1st time.
Once it boots, LET IT SIT!
Let it sit for about 10 minutes to settle down
reboot
let it sit 5 minutes more
then sign in, and enjoy!

Download:
http://db.communityrelease.com/androidspin_filedownload.asp?release=493&type=1

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Really thankful for your work Krylon, and I think that you are more than justified with your decision to leave xda. Hopefully you can avoid a lot of the hating and trolling over here. Whenever I get anxious for something new by you, but don't see anything up; I just remind myself to take a chill pill and check back in the morning! But seriously, I really do appreciate all the work you and other devs do for free, and the amount of time that sacrifice.

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Loaded this up last night and wow what a difference from the stock gb rom and froyo based rom I was running its fast consistent and feels great. Man I can't wait to see what you can do with the official rom with a proper kernel source. Ran antutu after loading everything and scored a 3796 that's a great score I didn't even get that oc @1.3 on froyo
thank you so much for your time without great devs like you android wouldn't be half as good as it is

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
great rom, got a replacemnt g2x and flashed again, flashed the rc1 patch(was that necessary? or is it built in now? I don't see it in the OP) my browser isn't near as laggy as was before on gb.

let the haters hate Krylon, I'll wait for you to finish up sgs4g, mt4g, vibrant, anything. I got the G2x and not the Sensation because I knew Krylon was going to support it. Let all those XDA f&$ks complain about lack of updates as they use YOUR recovery mod to flash fly by nights.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Man Krylon (sorry don't know your real name), am I glad to finally find you here. I freaking love your ROM bro. The ONLY ROM that I had since stock on my G2x is yours. Keep up the good work. Excellent ROM.

P.S. I'm sure that you're aware of couple of bugs on this ROM but just in case if you want then we can talk about it later. No biggie.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Welcome and great job krylon360 !!!!
Yes indeed it is great ROM over all. Much better than LG. Thank you
But I want to point to couple of things here so I want to see it my problems are isolated or perhaps there are some hick ups. Well it is RC1 :)
I want to point out that this is a first ROM installed on this phone since I got it not too long ago.
I try to wipe Dalvik cache. Also I did gave 2 times 15 min between reboots after initial ROM installation.
I did try to re-flash it again same results. Such problems happen over time and seems to improve after reboot.

1. Sometimes when left on charger over night I can't turn on the screen as all. I need to hold Power btn for 5 sec to turn it off and then back on. (1 out of 10 times)
2. Sometimes lock pattern is not not all responsive. I can't open my phone and after few tries phone locks up. Sometimes works just great. ( 1 out of 20 times )
3. When placing call Dialpad in some cases becomes unresponsive. Pressing it does not switches to keypad in some cases at all. But there are times when it is totally responsive.
4. Pressing power btn multiple of times quickly some how is confusing the phone and screen screen stays black.
5. When I am on call and want to look at the screen while on call abut sometime quickly start listening (I only heard person saying something because phone was too far from my head) the proximity sensor doe not turn of the screen. Moving phone now from my head turns off the screen. :). Puting it back to my head turns on the screen.

Any other problem people noticed. Let's keep track of things for krylon360 so he has list. Let's help him do the best ROM on G2x

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Is the patch included in the ROM now? Perhaps you need to flash it. The call accelerometer has never given me a problem, neither has the dialer. There is a known issue with all GB keyboards when in sms but it's an issue with many roms and the gb leak.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219566/Bionix2-RC1-Patch.zip May try this, I think this may be included in the rom now, but I could be mistaken, I don't think it could hurt to try anyways.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Not sure if It is in the rom I have. I just downloaded it and will reapply. Will report if it made any difference :) thank you

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
jay2487 said:
Is the patch included in the ROM now? Perhaps you need to flash it. The call accelerometer has never given me a problem, neither has the dialer. There is a known issue with all GB keyboards when in sms but it's an issue with many roms and the gb leak.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27219566/Bionix2-RC1-Patch.zip May try this, I think this may be included in the rom now, but I could be mistaken, I don't think it could hurt to try anyways.
Looks like the patch made things better. But I did see same problems here and there. Perhaps more time it is needed on my part to tell if this really was needed.
On another note when typing sms message the keyboard is starting to slow down (with RC patch and before, never mentioned this). When typed message is getting longer and longer before sending it the keyboard lag increases and I see "old" keys being pressed while I am typing new.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
Souper said:
Still no mention of rc2? Wow.....

That's what she said...
Things to come:
EXT4 Conversion
OC/UV Kernel
Lockscreens
Power Control within the notification bar
oh yeah, and AOSP!

seeing this on Page 1 i would ASSume there is gonna be an RC2, Krylon You are awsome, its because of kewwll dudes like urself that make me love this phone, im very happy with this Rom, its has soooo much Potential and the quality that you produce is mind blowinggg, forget all the dumb lil kids on XDA, they mean nothingggg, im anxiously waiting your update and are happy to see you still posting somewhere!!! i also hav a question, is it possible to base this rom off cm7 2,3.4? i just really like the mods and tweaks you have done but would also like the cm settings and stuff, anywayss ill be donating once rc2 hits :p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts