Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 739 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
View attachment 3661 Latest Development Release: None (v1.1 released)
[hide=Features]
Features[HR][/HR] This is a development release right now, albeit in final stages. I won't be writing up a full feature list because of that, but here are some.
  • Oxygen 2.3 base
  • Thalamus Nexus S kernel
  • ICS/Honeycomb style UI
  • Notification shade improvements
[/hide]

[hide=Screenshots]

Screenshots[HR][/HR]These won't always be up to date, nor show everything I have changed. Right now it's based on what you'd see in Beta 1003.
Some screenshots are available in this post here: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...tion-Beta-1003&p=142890&viewfull=1#post142890
[/hide]

[hide=Downloads]
Downloads[HR][/HR] Carbon v1.1 is now ready, visit http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3945-ROM-Carbon-CO2-Edition-(v1.1)-Oxygen-ICS-Mix-AOSP to get it!

For MD5 sums and extra features (ROM Manager web connect) visit the Goo-inside.me page! http://goo-inside.me/roms/jonathongrigg
[/hide]

[hide=Installation and Upgrading]
Installation and Upgrading[HR][/HR]
I claim no responsibility for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone by flashing this ROM. By downloading and installing Carbon, you accept this risk.

First Time Installation

1. Download zip and boot into recovery
  2. Make a backup of your existing setup
  3. Wipe data and cache
  4. Install the Carbon zip (Install from SD Card > Choose zip)
  5. Reboot once the installation has finished
  6. Setup your device to connect to Google servers (or not) and off you go!
  7. (Optional) Reboot again just so the initial setup files are completed
Upgrading between releases
Upgrades usually do not require a wipe, please check instructions for the update in question before flashing.

1. Download zip and boot into recovery
  2. (Optional, but always a good idea) Make a backup of your current setup
  3. Install the Carbon zip (Install from SD Card > Choose zip)
  4. Reboot and enjoy!
If you have issues after an upgrade following these steps, boot into recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik cache and see if the issue persists.
[/hide]

[hide=Changelog]
Changelog[HR][/HR]Find the Github account here https://github.com/CarbonCode
You will be able to find all the dates and details of all changes I have made on top of Oxygen there.
[/hide]

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
looks like we have something to wait here...

1 quick question, is it the same with the 1 you uploaded last time? the one you said as the base of the new version (which is stock with extras in the background)

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
saryu said:
looks like we have something to wait here...

1 quick question, is it the same with the 1 you uploaded last time? the one you said as the base of the new version (which is stock with extras in the background)
No, it's not the same as that one. Visually (other than the rebranding), it may look similar (because it is), but I am testing out some new tweaks which are aimed to improve responsiveness, data rates and battery life. I am also slimming Carbon down, removing what I no longer need myself, in order to keep things speedy and free of lag.
I'm actually working on things now, build server has had work done today, should be able to access it and use it tomorrow hopefully. Also, B16 has done some logos for Carbon too!
View attachment 423
View attachment 424
View attachment 425
And then these for short logos:
View attachment 426
View attachment 427

Attachments

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news! The build server is running again (it had been turned off by someone), and i am almost ready to run a first compile! I am hoping to have something up here in an hour or two, but we will see what happens.

I am aiming for both Nexus S and Nexus S 4G versions here, so I will need users for both.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Jonathon Grigg said:
No, it's not the same as that one. Visually (other than the rebranding), it may look similar (because it is), but I am testing out some new tweaks which are aimed to improve responsiveness, data rates and battery life. I am also slimming Carbon down, removing what I no longer need myself, in order to keep things speedy and free of lag.
I'm actually working on things now, build server has had work done today, should be able to access it and use it tomorrow hopefully. Also, B16 has done some logos for Carbon too!
View attachment 759
View attachment 760
View attachment 761
And then these for short logos:
View attachment 762
View attachment 763
aww.. i love the logo.. good work for B16, that is simply amazing..

Jonathon Grigg said:
Good news! The build server is running again (it had been turned off by someone), and i am almost ready to run a first compile! I am hoping to have something up here in an hour or two, but we will see what happens.

I am aiming for both Nexus S and Nexus S 4G versions here, so I will need users for both.
1 nexus s user ready to serve you sir

·
Average Android
60 Posts
Hey really looking forward to the new series. and I love the new logos. Although adding a bit more color to them would make them more vibrant. But black and white also goes well. :)

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"sagarpruthi said:
Hey really looking forward to the new series. and I love the new logos. Although adding a bit more color to them would make them more vibrant. But black and white also goes well. :)
If anyone wishes to take the logo and improve upon it, then send it to me I will consider anything :) I'm pretty happy with the current one though. Having said that it still needs a colour scheme for the rom, ideas?

As for the release, I'm battling with a stupid repo thing right now, its attempting to pull through source from an old location when there is no reference to it anywhere and the folder is brand new. Weird, anyway I'm working on it!

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Dazednconfused said:
If you still looking for NS4G testers, im here to help.
Always need people testing, and what I meant by testers is just users of the Beta roms.

A slight unfortunate update, I have tried but cannot determine what's causing this odd repo situation, without fixing it I can't actually download the full source and then compile it. I have some time tomorrow to work on things so it should be out then, thanks for your patience (on the other hand you could compile a version yourself if you are desperate, just ask me).

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"saryu said:
i love it so much, i make a droid out of it.. turns out pretty bad-ass =p
He looks slightly like a bee ;)

Also, it appreciate any help in turning the current logos into a vector format for quality sake, as these are the largest size done by B16.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Jonathon Grigg said:
He looks slightly like a bee ;)

Also, it appreciate any help in turning the current logos into a vector format for quality sake, as these are the largest size done by B16.

do you want me to upload the .ai version ? or do you want larger version ?

i can help with both but without the s or 4g icon, i don't have the font for it..

edit.. here is the .ai format if you want it

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
any logos are wicked, but instead of black, why dont make it out of the carbon motive. might be flawless. just my 2c :androidwink:

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"saryu said:
do you want me to upload the .ai version ? or do you want larger version ?

i can help with both but without the s or 4g icon, i don't have the font for it..

edit.. here is the .ai format if you want it
The font is available at 1001fonts under the Modern category, I believe it starts with M or something. Can't remember it off the top of my head very well, I can find it tomorrow if needed. You should be able to tell it if needed.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"kratos888 said:
any logos are wicked, but instead of black, why dont make it out of the carbon motive. might be flawless. just my 2c :androidwink:
What do you mean carbon motive exactly? Like a carbon fibre type look (which I am looking at using for menus similar to what is in Dolphin Browser HD).

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Jonathon Grigg said:
What do you mean carbon motive exactly? Like a carbon fibre type look (which I am looking at using for menus similar to what is in Dolphin Browser HD).

exactly!! that kind of look :android-smile:

1 - 20 of 739 Posts