Android OS Forum banner
681 - 700 of 739 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
64 Posts
Oh yeah, that's a very nice one ! This beta is way much faster than the previous one, well done Jon ! Thank you again, i think it is an almost perfect Rom, for my taste anyway (i just added Thalamus kernel to it, which gives the phone again more speed..) ; great ;)

Bty I've flashed CO2 over Carbon Beta 0913 with just a cache and dalvik wipe, and for now that's alright.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
No it isn't, it's a kernel feature, you can see it on the first page...

Trinity TEUV 2809 880mhz battery saver kernel
I'm kind of afraid of reboot during the night (and i'm done with getting late at work because of my phone), so I didn't flashed this beta version... I'll wait for the stable release, but it's kind of hard to wait :) !

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
I flashed beta 1005 this morning and, as expected, I'm experiencing reboots with TEUV. I'll try with TUV, but I'm afraid I'll have to flash Netarchy or similar... :\

EDIT:

TUV seems to be stable enough. This beta is really fast ( as usual ) and very nice looking... can't wait for the final build :)

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #689 ·
New beta 1006 is now ready for both Nexus S variants again. Todays changes include improved scrubber (the progress bar with a handle), Honeycomb style tabs (needs work I think) and the new TEUV 0510 kernel. Right now I am actually testing Thalamus's kernel for the Nexus S, and so far so good. I will be looking to add Voodoo into it and then it's highly likely I will use the resulting kernel in Carbon (I have asked Thalamus for some tips too).

For your flashing pleasure:
Nexus S: http://goo-inside.me/roms/jonathongrigg/crespo/beta/Carbon-CO2-Beta-1006-signed.zip
Nexus S 4G: http://goo-inside.me/roms/jonathongrigg/crespo4g/beta/Carbon-CO2-Beta-1006-signed.zip

Please let me know how things run for everyone. Everything is reasonably well finished now, however the new tabs are giving me a few issues, some apps only part customise them (take a look in Music for example) and then the selected tab blue sometimes covers the writing in the tab.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
"Jonathon Grigg said:
I have fixed the tab issues just then, running something with it fixed now and I'm thinking of a release maybe tomorrow with the Thalamus kernel. It's looking really good actually!

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums
Good that your going with a new kernel... Trinity no matter which always causes freezes and reboots for my phone... My phone doesn't like low voltages.:(

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
saranyan said:
Good that your going with a new kernel... Trinity no matter which always causes freezes and reboots for my phone... My phone doesn't like low voltages.:(
Same here but this morning I flashed latest TUV from derkernel and I had no reboot/freeze since. Not even during charging or a call. Battery usage seems very good and quadrant score is slightly over 2800. :fingercrossed:

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #693 ·
For those interested in how the new fixed tabs are going to look, here you go. There's 2px more padding in this one between the text and the icon than the one you guys will get tomorrow, this is an early one, but it looks better than the ugly unoptimised ones included in today's beta (I love tweaking and problem solving!).

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
64 Posts
I appreciate Morfic and Simms's work on Trinity kernels, but these are quite experimental in a way, and indeed some phones don't like it.......generally speaking we could say that these are not really stable.

And after 1 week of use with the beta version, and now 24 hours with the new RC1 version, Thalamus's kernel is confrimed to be very impressive : great performance, very stable (not a single problem : just one : it doesn't seem to like Daemon Controler) and very good battery life (maybe a little less than TEUV, but i prefer lose about 1 hour and a phone working perfectly and faster).

Regarding to the 1006, I really like the overall UI, and the phone seems to be in love with it too....so keep up your very good work Jon !

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #695 ·
"kptnk said:
I appreciate Morfic and Simms's work on Trinity kernels, but these are quite experimental in a way, and indeed some phones don't like it.......generally speaking we could say that these are not really stable.

And after 1 week of use with the beta version, and now 24 hours with the new RC1 version, Thalamus's kernel is confrimed to be very impressive : great performance, very stable (not a single problem : just one : it doesn't seem to like Daemon Controler) and very good battery life (maybe a little less than TEUV, but i prefer lose about 1 hour and a phone working perfectly and faster).

Regarding to the 1006, I really like the overall UI, and the phone seems to be in love with it too....so keep up your very good work Jon !
Good to hear, I'm thinking its highly likely that I will release 1.1 tomorrow with Thalamus's kernel included, it does seem to run really well with no major issues at all (I can live without voodoo for a bit).

Please, if anyone has any tips or comments on maybe issues or things that could be improved in the new UI I'd like to hear them! Some of the colours don't exactly match right now, but it will have to do for the moment.

·
Android Apprentice
64 Posts
Ah yes, just maybe one thing that comes to my mind now : when you press a button, there's grey/green glow, which is nice, but would it be possible / easy to make it blue (as in HC) ? Or do you want a differente color, not to have a all blue themed like Rom ?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #697 ·
"kptnk said:
Ah yes, just maybe one thing that comes to my mind now : when you press a button, there's grey/green glow, which is nice, but would it be possible / easy to make it blue (as in HC) ? Or do you want a differente color, not to have a all blue themed like Rom ?
Which buttons are you talking about? They are already the HC like blue when pressed?

·
Android Apprentice
64 Posts
the menu ones : when you press settings or manage apps....the button becomes grey, with the green colored border...as in the beta Carbon 0913 (or is it because I didn't wipe all from Carbon ?)

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 ·
"kptnk said:
the menu ones : when you press settings or manage apps....the button becomes grey, with the green colored border...as in the beta Carbon 0913 (or is it because I didn't wipe all from Carbon ?)
Its all a transparent green, its just then overlayed onto the black background so it appears grey. This is how I want it to stay, it matches the list item presses in HC and I feel it provides a break from an otherwise overly blue UI. See how the sliders and text fields all have some green in them, its all from HC to help balance things out I believe. I personally think it goes well together, more so than the orange and green in GB.

681 - 700 of 739 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.