Android OS Forum banner
581 - 600 of 608 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #581 ·
Sticky said:
Sorry guys,I don't remember if if you wrote about this issue before but I'm experiencing the "back button" bug... Very strange though, since I haven't change a single bit in months...

Inviato dal mio Nexus S usando Tapatalk
I can't find the post but basically its a hardware issue with the front touch panel, or so I have been told. Basically there's no fix unless you send your phone in to repairs and get the touch panel replaced. I don't get the issue all the time but sometimes there's loads of occurrences in a short space so its a bit random.

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
I can't find the post but basically its a hardware issue with the front touch panel, or so I have been told. Basically there's no fix unless you send your phone in to repairs and get the touch panel replaced. I don't get the issue all the time but sometimes there's loads of occurrences in a short space so its a bit random.

It's the first time since I got the phone so I can live with it, but it drove me crazy for a couple days... >.<

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #584 ·
gabx said:
Hello,

short question : why don't you involve yourself in the current ICS port on SGS2 ?
Mainly because I don't have a SGS2 with which to test anything on so my help would be pointless. I don't know how the hardware in it works either because I don't own one (for example it has different audio hardware and so on).

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #586 ·
zackandethan said:
Hey jon , anything coming up for us 4g users ?
Well an updated GB for everyone is on its way, but I don't know the scene of ICS for the NS4G so I will have to wait until everything is officially released by Google as I can't test things myself.

·
Android Apprentice
59 Posts
Jonathon Grigg said:
Well an updated GB for everyone is on its way, but I don't know the scene of ICS for the NS4G so I will have to wait until everything is officially released by Google as I can't test things myself.

Fair enough . Looking forward to it .

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #590 ·
thegtfusion said:
any news on your update @Jonathan Grigg?
i cant wait to flash it
I've just started my job at a local department store so my spare time is limited more. I can't give any time estimate right now, other than sometime in the nearish future.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #592 ·
Quick little update, not much basically. Time in my household is extremely busy right now; end of the school year, starting work, moving house, birthdays and Christmas. Plus I need to download the source still and that's tricky with the allowance we have (5gb each month). I should be able to do something in a few weeks hopefully once everything is official for the NS anyway.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Quick little update, not much basically. Time in my household is extremely busy right now; end of the school year, starting work, moving house, birthdays and Christmas. Plus I need to download the source still and that's tricky with the allowance we have (5gb each month). I should be able to do something in a few weeks hopefully once everything is official for the NS anyway.

ics is official, do you plan to update it?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·
ics is official, do you plan to update it?
Yes, loads of plans! Working on things right now actually, I've got a day off work and there is no urgent need to unpack any more boxes. Take a look on my G+ and Twitter feeds/whatevers and you can follow some progress there. All I have got to say is this will be big and everything will go back into the community

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 ·
Off to a decent start already, got the base source, written one (minor) mod already and writing a second tomorrow. I still need to get a large chunk of the vendor system setup correctly to build a nice complete rom including gapps and whatnot.

If all goes well, I may have early builds up on twitter after Christmas or into 2012 as I don't really want to maintain a beta thread once more. A final type release will have its own thread however, don't worry.

Follow my twitter for more updates, the work in progress code that is already pushed is available at http://github.com/CarbonCode for those wanting some idea of things, however I've got more local code on my machine not get synced.

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
Off to a decent start already, got the base source, written one (minor) mod already and writing a second tomorrow. I still need to get a large chunk of the vendor system setup correctly to build a nice complete rom including gapps and whatnot.

If all goes well, I may have early builds up on twitter after Christmas or into 2012 as I don't really want to maintain a beta thread once more. A final type release will have its own thread however, don't worry.

Follow my twitter for more updates, the work in progress code that is already pushed is available at http://github.com/CarbonCode for those wanting some idea of things, however I've got more local code on my machine not get synced.

Great news because...well... yesterday I betrayed Carbon for ICS OTA

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #600 ·
zackandethan said:
Hey Jon, will you be putting all your personal touches on the ics as you did with carbon ? Your roms run fantastic on my ns4g .
What touches are you thinking of? This time its less of a mix, more of my brand new code! Its really exciting actually, there's only one or two things that Google didn't include in ICS which I had in the mix so now I am writing brand new things.

Whilst on the topic of new things, what are some reasonable things everyone would like to see, whether its experience improvements or a neat feature idea. I'm planning on submitting the new mods to CM as well (specifically for the launcher and also reboot menu adjustments) to keep the community flow going.

581 - 600 of 608 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.