Android OS Forum banner
601 - 608 of 608 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
Don't feel bad, think of it as meeting and being friends with a cousin or something of the new version
Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums
Hehehe...

Anyway, I was experiencing a huge battery drain so I switched to glados 2.2, but I haven't enable deep idle or any other setting yet ( NSTools crashes and I'm trying to figure it out ).

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Whilst on the topic of new things, what are some reasonable things everyone would like to see, whether its experience improvements or a neat feature idea.
Well top of my list would be holding the volume buttons to skip songs. Quite frankly I can't live without that anymore
(kinda got it working with a playerpro lockscreen widget on an ics rom but that also gives me a gingerbread like lockscreen and using it wakes the screen so that's kind of meeeh.
Also what I noticed - in ics there seems to be no in-built way to choose a song from your music collection as ringtone. you need a 3rd party player for that which seems quite silly.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
news on the ICS version?
The ICS version was in development, then I started to help out romanbb with AOKP for a while. That's all behind the scenes stuff though, but you will see me take over the Nexus S side of AOKP soon. Basically unless I have really different ideas all of a sudden, then Carbon will be frozen for a while I guess, awaiting new life another time.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
59 Posts
Hey jon what's an AOKP rom and what's the difference between AOSP and AOKP ?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #608 ·
Hey jon what's an AOKP rom and what's the difference between AOSP and AOKP ?
As Renna99 said, its the name of an actual rom. It stands for Android Open Kang Project, a play on words on Android Open Source Project, as the name of the team behind it is Team Kang.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

601 - 608 of 608 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.