Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Android Beginner
83 Posts
First and foremost, the script used to create this is from jt1134. My complete boredom wanted an updated MIUI build that will stay updated. This is my only android device worth a damn so I am just bored with it. Without his script I wouldn't have been able to do this. So many thanks to him.

Ported from the latest official fascinate rom and will stay updated. The theme in the picture is not default or included, it is only shown for theme working purposes.

Just flash in CWM Recovery

Issues
-------------------
-Didn't test too many things so please feel free to let me know
-The kernel will replace your cwr. For now at least
-Built-in screenshot broken
-Be careful using themes from the builtin app. Use the ones here

Working
-------------------
-SMS
-3G
-Wifi
-Bluetooth
-Themes
-And anything else not listed above

Download

·
Full On Addicted
161 Posts
Downloading now, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
70 Posts
OK......I'm on 1.11.11. If I try this and don't like it or whatever can I go back with no hassle? I am spending way too much time in hiemdal and Odin.

·
Full On Addicted
161 Posts
Downloaded and ran it today. Really nice, the only snag I ran into was at one point I switched to a theme (evoluer) other than default. After it applied I couldn't get past the lockscreen. The lock would slide down, but the device didn't open. I haven't tried any other themes yet. Had some running around to do today.
Thanks though....

·
Android Beginner
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Downloaded and ran it today. Really nice, the only snag I ran into was at one point I switched to a theme (evoluer) other than default. After it applied I couldn't get past the lockscreen. The lock would slide down, but the device didn't open. I haven't tried any other themes yet. Had some running around to do today.
Thanks though....
Yeah some themes are incompatible. Check out OP for link to working themes

·
Full On Addicted
161 Posts
Yeah some themes are incompatible. Check out OP for link to working themes
I'm hard headed like that. Figured I'd give one a shot......thanks for the heads up.

·
Android Apprentice
70 Posts
Just downloaded and installed. I must say that I am impressed. This is very fast and crisp. Not sure why I feel I must use the word "crisp", but it seems right.

Thank you

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
I love MIUI and I definitely love updates. But what does this have that jt's doesn't? What is different between the older and newer versions of MIUI. I only ask because I don't know. :p

·
N3RD
50 Posts
so i snooped around and tried testing my luck and some of the mods here..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1324528

and they work

like the landscape launcher for instance

which looks bad tushy and also corrects the sizing issue with the launcher like the trash can and widgets

·
N3RD
50 Posts
Works on cdma tab? Thread says GSM
yep some of the zips do because they dont affect the actual radio components, they just overwrite certain files like /system/app stuff which is usually backwards compatible..

anything that had an important framework file in it, i didn't test cuz i didn't wanna bork anything haha

i pulled stuff from the zips and adb pushed them one by one

Reactions: dwcasey

·
N3RD
50 Posts
out of curiosity, does anyone know if the screenshot function works on this new build?

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
yep some of the zips do because they dont affect the actual radio components, they just overwrite certain files like /system/app stuff which is usually backwards compatible..

anything that had an important framework file in it, i didn't test cuz i didn't wanna bork anything haha

i pulled stuff from the zips and adb pushed them one by one
For grins I pushed the whole update from the GSM MIUI link you sent. I don't use the VZW radio for 3G connectivity, only wifi, so wasn't worried about that. It's much smoother than the CDMA/VZW MIUI version. Thanks for the tip!

·
N3RD
50 Posts
For grins I pushed the whole update from the GSM MIUI link you sent. I don't use the VZW radio for 3G connectivity, only wifi, so wasn't worried about that. It's much smoother than the CDMA/VZW MIUI version. Thanks for the tip!
haha you mean like the whole rom?

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Yes, at first, the whole thing
. It kinda sorta mostly worked after it booted. Problem was, anytime I would reboot, I would loose any changes I made. Plus, it didn't recognize my SD card. Also, anytime I rebooted, it would never come up to the lock screen. I would have to power off, then back on.

Anyway, I pushed stock 2.3.5 back on, then downloaded the CDMA MIUI in this thread, then just used the latest GSM update and it's working much better now.

·
N3RD
50 Posts
haha thats intense
i may have to try this method you speak of

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts