Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 6025 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
This build won't have a name. It is not based on any one work alone.​
The required credits will be listed at the bottom, but this is taking everything what everyone has put into numerous builds that mostly work to make a build that fully works.

Download:
* 12/06/2012 10:15PM EST *

Current Build Changes:
- Update camera hal parameters
- Restore kernel, custom in extras
- Restore Playground board config
- Fix compatibility mode logic
- Test legacy OMX board flags
- Support disable external cache

* Extras, Error Reporting, Etc *

Next Build Plans:

Extras Installation Options:
- S-Voice Application
- Samsung TTS Engine
(Not recommended)
- Jellybean 4.2 Camera
- Jellybean 4.2 Keyboard
- (On/Off)line Google Now
- Pre-Approved MovieBox
(Free on this build ONLY)
- No wipe fix CM7 -> CM9
- Remove Replaced Apps

Extras Pack Changes:
- Splash screen for better looks
- Better handling of compatibility
- Modification for ROM updates
(Reset radios without data wipe)
- Fixed selections display in popup
- Better preliminary disclaimer info
- Fix MovieBox pre-approval tiles
- Loading images during rendering
- Progress status output percents
- Fix corruption from faulty upload
- Remove MovieBox Application
(Still offered as part of this app)

Known Long-term Issues:
- Camcorder does not record video
- Netflix / streaming is only sound
- Some feeds become blanked out

Pre-Project Changelog:
- Updated All Apps to Latest
- Hopefully a netflix patch for future releases
- Full Ext 4 Support
- MMS Now Works
- Torch Is Fixed
- RIL/System Files Heavily Modified
- 1x/3G/4G Should Show correctly
- Updated/Tweaked the Menu Settings
- Now is REL, Fixes Google Music, etc

Credits:
Liquid0624 (Working Telephony/Data/SMS/MMS)
[SP]JESTER (1x Data)
CyanogenMod (Build base and modifications)
AOKP (Extended options and modifications)
Aeroevan (Numerous updates and fixes)​

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dumped the build based on the system dump, since most of the items included in it were the same as those being used in the 4.0 port.
Got graphics acceleration working! (Other builds are simply deleting files, this one made them work instead hehe)
Working on getting all the data, bluetooth, and such sorted out since the touchscreen is frustrating.
The board is now properly identified, which may actually fix some other issues. Testing / Uploading now.

·
318 Posts
Been a while since I've seen anything from twisted. Glad to see you're bringing your work to the RootzWiki TB forum!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still no touch, but getting closer to finding out why. It now loads the touchscreen config files and recognizes them but they still don't fully activate.
Added the idc files that seem to be the popular answer, but they were loading the default .kl so I ported the touchscreen dummy .kl from the Nexus port.
EGL files are loading, but on the Nexus port, it won't accept the Adreno200 device-specific ones. Looking into how to port them.
Not a whole lot can be done about the touchscreen right now. Testing out every option I can find until it works.
A lot of files were put in place to make sure that wifi, bluetooth, and data get fixed immediately after being able to get into the settings.

·
Android Beginner
18 Posts
This is awesome, I'd be more than willing to donate to the cause of getting this running. Wishing you luck with the touchscreen issue!

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Somewhere along the line I borked my files and ended up where it won't even boot.
Guess I am lucky I keep a paranoid "stockpile" of all the roms and files I've ever used.
Took a minute to go through and dig up every file I swapped out before the last one.
Hopefully I am back on track because I really (REALLY!) want to test out my latest findings.

It loads the file atmel-touchscreen.idc but then wants a support .kl file.
There is a "dummy" kl file in most builds that it will load.
Currently it is loading the default.kl file and that is canceling it out.

·
Android Apprentice
235 Posts
Somewhere along the line I borked my files and ended up where it won't even boot.
Guess I am lucky I keep a paranoid "stockpile" of all the roms and files I've ever used.
Took a minute to go through and dig up every file I swapped out before the last one.
Hopefully I am back on track because I really (REALLY!) want to test out my latest findings.

It loads the file atmel-touchscreen.idc but then wants a support .kl file.
There is a "dummy" kl file in most builds that it will load.
Currently it is loading the default.kl file and that is canceling it out.
You're like a mad scientist.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you need a Guinea pig for this i'm down. Bricked my Samsung fascinate more times than it should be allowed so i'm very familiar with recovering phones.

Sent from duct taped and hacked up tbolt

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Although I have not found the solution to the touchscreen, I have found why it doesn't work.

The idc file is a configuration file that is loaded by inputmanager. The screen is identified as atmel-touchscreen. When booting, it finds the screen and informs the log that it will be not work until the proper configuration is loaded. It does load the file included shortly after, but this file is incorrect. It needs to list the configuration file in the initial load to work. This is being tested.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1320170

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1316680

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
225 Posts
twistedumbrella said:
Although I have not found the solution to the touchscreen, I have found why it doesn't work.

The idc file is a configuration file that is loaded by inputmanager. The screen is identified as atmel-touchscreen. When booting, it finds the screen and informs the log that it will be not work until the proper configuration is loaded. It does load the file included shortly after, but this file is incorrect. It needs to list the configuration file in the initial load to work. This is being tested.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1320170

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1316680

Awesome awesome hope it works. Can't wait to play with some ics

Oh and how different will this be from the Galaxy Nexus 4.0 we saw released. When your ROM is released?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome awesome hope it works. Can't wait to play with some ics

Oh and how different will this be from the Galaxy Nexus 4.0 we saw released. When your ROM is released?
Their port is just being updated to 4.0.1 and from watching the threads, I can safely say the previous assumption about their success being an older base is pretty accurate. The update has been "really soon" for two days without any solid info on it. I think they actually had to work for this one.

1 - 20 of 6025 Posts