Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
TheShadyMilkMan said:
Noob questions round 2:

Which modems is this compatible with? Can I flash any one of the K series?

Thanks in advance again...
You are able to flash the modem of your choice. :)

Kernels are a little bit different. You can flash any kernel as long as you keep gingerbread with gingerbread.... And so on.

As for BLN, its not being used by as many kernel devs. Because it drains a lot of battery.

Reactions: TheShadyMilkMan

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I am really liking this one. The only glitch I ran into was when dst happened my clock stopped at 1:44am for 2 hours and wouldn't send texts. Reboot fixed it but I thought I was at insert coins for only an hour... For like 3 hours (Vegas locals should know the bar/club)

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Hey again...
Last night I tried to replace ICS with ADW EX. On past roms I have been able to delete the main home replacement app once I have installed ADW and everything works fine. Last night as soon as I deleted ICS and rebooted it went into a bootloop.

Re loaded everything and Im back to square one.

I was just curious if there is a way to completely replace ICS with another home replacement or if ICS must remain on the system.

Thanks!

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Thanks again man, I really appreciate your continued support.

That being said, I think I am missing something
. Here is what i did:

1. I copied the Octane.zip file so I had an original (unscrewed up copy)
2. I unzipped the copy
3. Added the ADW133.apk file to system/app
4. Deleted ICS
5. Rezipped the file
6. Tried to flash through CWM.

I repeatedly get:
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted

Do I have to rezip the file in a certain fashion?

Thanks again...lol. At least I keep you busy right!?

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Nevermind! I figured it out. I just dragged the ADW file directly to the winrar directory and deleted ICS from there... you are the man Raver!

In the style of Bette Midler, "I waaaaaaant you to knoooooow that you're my HEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

·
Registered
2 Posts
So i can use this procedure (GB Starter Pack) and use
rom-cwm-2.3.5-gingerbread-sgs4g-Octane v2.0x

for ROM and should fix the rainbow image right when u reboot the phone?

SOrry a bit new but I already flashed this ROM and followed the instruction to the T and it works perfect and I love it much thanks to Raver!!!! Well, of course except for the rainbow stuff during start up boot. Just need some confirmation thx!

·
Registered
2 Posts
its all good now but the only problem i notice is...it's always trying to force close facebook.something etc. and other programs too and my actual icons for an app gets replace by an android icon. im not sure whats going on. But MAN this ROM is awesome!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT WORK. One last thing if i buy a new sd card lets say a 32 GB im no sure how to transfer all my stuff to it or what steps. and my current 8gb sd card that came with my sgs4g has a partition in it that i made by accident so its 6.80 right now instead of the 7.80 is there anyway i can redo the partition in it to get the full capacity of the sd card. I guess either way i'll have to redo the whole odin/cwm/vodoo process again

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Im reposting this because i think i put it in a wrong section before, and Raver you have always saved me. Please help...

Hi,
I'm coming here because Raver has saved me many times before...I tried to switch from Octane 2.0 to Octane 3.0 and have been stuck staring at my lonely Download screen ever since.

I wiped, checked mounts, flashed, and the phone just went to the Samsung SGS 4G (white) screen and then would go straight black screen on me.

I tried to use the Ext4 starter pack method (found here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1223765) to get back to something I could work with because it has worked many times in the past but it just keeps getting stuck at the same positions.

It will get stuck at SetupConnection or Initializing no matter what different options I try. I have tried checking/unchecking re-partition, and have tried just about every other option within Odin.

Odin continuously recognizes the device but just wont get past initializing/setupconnection.

Another note: I have tried Raver's oneclickunbrick and it says that it has completed successfully, my phone acts as if it is going to reboot, and then the screen just stays completely black.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
TheShadyMilkMan said:
Im reposting this because i think i put it in a wrong section before, and Raver you have always saved me. Please help...

Hi,
I'm coming here because Raver has saved me many times before...I tried to switch from Octane 2.0 to Octane 3.0 and have been stuck staring at my lonely Download screen ever since.

I wiped, checked mounts, flashed, and the phone just went to the Samsung SGS 4G (white) screen and then would go straight black screen on me.

I tried to use the Ext4 starter pack method (found here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1223765) to get back to something I could work with because it has worked many times in the past but it just keeps getting stuck at the same positions.

It will get stuck at SetupConnection or Initializing no matter what different options I try. I have tried checking/unchecking re-partition, and have tried just about every other option within Odin.

Odin continuously recognizes the device but just wont get past initializing/setupconnection.

Another note: I have tried Raver's oneclickunbrick and it says that it has completed successfully, my phone acts as if it is going to reboot, and then the screen just stays completely black.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Try driver re install. When you connect the phone do u still get a port init eg its connected on com x

·
Registered
2 Posts
I followed the directions to the letter at the beginning of this thread, and it works great (mostly). When I reboot my phone i get this garbled mess of pixelations, and the same thing happens when I reboot into recovery. I'm trying to reinstall but I can't because I can't see what's on the recovery screen.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts